Whaley named Bills GM

I have my own conjecture about who was making the decisions on the draft, and I don't think anyone knows that wasn't there. What was very interesting to me was listening to JoeB from GR talking about it yesterday. He was as wired in as anyone on the draft with the Bills, and even in his last mock, predicted EJ Manuel as the top pick. If anyone would know a little bit, he would. And he said he had absolutely no idea whether Buddy was making the picks or Whaley or Marrone or any combination of them. He couldn't even guess. So anyone telling anyone that this is the way it went down doesn't know what they are talking about, it's just all conjecture.

JoeB changed his mock to Manuel only after Chris Brown did. Brown was the first person I heard to talk about EJ as the kind of QB that Marrone and Hackett would want for the new offense. Everyone else, including Joe B, was on either Nassib or Barkley.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain Obvious aka @JasonLaCanfora

Bills intend to announce Doug Whaley as their new GM Thurs, with the transition from Buddy Nix to Whaley long in the works

We're not worthy... SMH...

I wonder when he gets announced at the press conference will he come out to Doug's theme song??? That would be cool... So what Im young enough to remember Doug on Nickelodeon... LOL...

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

What has Doug Whaley accomplished. Does he have any credentials to show us why he is a good fit for GM?!!

There's nowhere to go but up in this organization I guess!

Like someone else posted, He was among the highly regarded up and coming GMs when Nix was hired and the Bills were criticized for not interviewing any of those guys. Whaley being the top one.

Well I heard a report somewhere that the Bills rushed into naming Whaley GM and didn't do an exhaustive search and that Bill Polian wanted the job but Russ never took his call and that Tom Brady asked to be traded to the Bills but Nix was taking a nap and Ralph had rice pudding for lunch and Brandon lied about it all to sell more season tickets. :w00t:

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Well, the guy has a lot of experience with the Steelers, and hopefully wasn't corrupted by the incompetence of Gailey and Nix. Let's see what he can do.

You just can't help yourself, can you? If Whaley is successful I guarantee you he gives much of the credit to Buddy.

I have my own conjecture about who was making the decisions on the draft, and I don't think anyone knows that wasn't there. What was very interesting to me was listening to JoeB from GR talking about it yesterday. He was as wired in as anyone on the draft with the Bills, and even in his last mock, predicted EJ Manuel as the top pick. If anyone would know a little bit, he would. And he said he had absolutely no idea whether Buddy was making the picks or Whaley or Marrone or any combination of them. He couldn't even guess. So anyone telling anyone that this is the way it went down doesn't know what they are talking about, it's just all conjecture.

I wish they would tell us instead of all this conjecturing.... :wallbash:

Captain Obvious aka @JasonLaCanfora

Bills intend to announce Doug Whaley as their new GM Thurs, with the transition from Buddy Nix to Whaley long in the works

We're not worthy... SMH...

I wonder when he gets announced at the press conference will he come out to Doug's theme song??? That would be cool... So what Im young enough to remember Doug on Nickelodeon... LOL...

You mean old enough. The better question is which Doug theme since there are two of them.

Will this board be saying " getter done Doug W, Doug M, or Russ from now on or maybe even Buddy or Ralph still?

Can you re-phrase the question?

I've heard of him. Get 'r done Buddy!

My sources tell me, and they spoke on the condition of anonymity, that Whaley was holding out by demanding that the Bills' official restaurant be switched from Tempo to China Wall Buffet. We'll see if this is confirmed or not with the next free agent signing.

"I did not see this coming," said no one ever.

Why isn't WGR breaking into regular programming and covering this wall-to-wall. They hate the Bills!!! Damn them! ...oops sorry, wrong thread.

Ralph is cheap

Would have been nice if they did a complete GM search. Same old Bills!!

Well, yeah, but that's because House told us so.. -and he'll pop in here to SAY he told us so too, though he HATES to be 'THAT GUY'..

On the subject, Simon gave us an early confirmation on Whaley.

Can't wait for him to hire his own coach and coaching staff.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good stuff people.