Bill Polian

Let's get this up on the board...Let's get the plane here with Polian in it!!! :thumbsup:

Tired of this ( :bag: ) Please!!! :worthy: come to Buffalo Bill Polian! No more bad stuff or missing playoffs :oops:

I'm tired of yelling at a brick wall! :wallbash: or explaining to my wife why the Bills are so bad :doh: when all I want is: :D Superbowl !!!!

Appreicate the detail... : )

or your wife doesn't understand why you still root for the Bills because they suck and always have ( as I tell her they were good in the 60s and 90s, she laughs) and you should pick some other team. :bag:

Polian on ESPN draft night round 1. "EJ manuel is not a QB I would have chose".

Coming back to the Bills with EJ Manuel? Ludicrous.

wish we had Polian for this draft.

He could come back and if EJ pans out he would be happy with him and if not he'd find another, no big deal.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

or your wife doesn't understand why you still root for the Bills because they suck and always have ( as I tell her they were good in the 60s and 90s, she laughs) and you should pick some other team. :bag:

wish we had Polian for this draft.

He could come back and if EJ pans out he would be happy with him and if not he'd find another, no big deal.

Since when is Polian some magical expert at drafting quarterbacks?

full blown fanaticism.

I have this vision of a dark smokey room, under the Ralph, with three guys sitting at a table (Nix, Polian & Levy) wearing long hooded cloaks...Marrone and Whaley come for the council of the elders...#thisisstupid

There's no way Polian would come back even if we wanted him. I think some of the posters on this board don't remember the power struggle Polian had with Ralph Wilson's daughter 20 years ago. He is always polite about Ralph, but Polian would not come back here.

He does love this place, and by him taking a position here it would simply be to set up his son Chris (who I went to school with at St. Francis but a couple of years older) for his successor as he was trying to do at Indianapolis.

I love Mr. Polian and remember the days of him coming into Dock of the Bay (one of my college jobs) on Friday night with some coaches for a fish fry. He was always a cordial guy, and I don't believe the game has passed him by.

I just don't see Whaley getting passed over. Interestingly, Polian raved along with Parcells that Marrone (and crew, namely Pettine) was the best hire for a new head coach this past year.

If the guy who started this post really wants him here, then call Sirius as he is on late hits, and a few other shows every week and ask him. It's not hard to talk to the guy. Especially with late hits on Tuesday you get through quickly and not on hold long.

Let it go brother. We have a new crew, and I am cautiously optimistic it will mean positive things for the Red, White, and Royal Blue. My first prediction this year is 9-7 under Coach Marrone. Pettien surprises everyone and does a tremendous job of getting the most out of this talent as the Stache was the worst D Coordinator in history.

Polian would come back in a second. He even mentioned in a recent conversation that he still bleeds red white and blue. I'm not saying I want him back but I don't doubt he would return if he could run the football operation.

If it's the Polian can make Manuel into that Peyton Manning got he got handed with the #1 overall pick, I'm all for it.

If it's the Polian who constructed a one man team that went 2-14 without that one player, no thanks.

I would like to see Whaley take over and I believe thats whats going to happen.

I have really started to buy into the youth movement that the Bills are doing now.

I have drank the koolaid and must say it's quite refreshing!

CBF

There are very few GMs of color in the NFL. One works for the Texans, One works for the Giants. One works for the Ravens. It's pretty obvious the Rooney rule does a terrible disservice to teams.

Give Whaley a chance. I'm sick of retrends. I love the fresh blood attitude of the Bills. I love that the Bills have a CEO, coach, and GM who can stay up past 8:30. New blood!!!

I like the off season as well. It would be nice to have a big RB to compliment the two guys we have now, hopefully this 7th rd tight end is as good as touted for his pass catching ability and speed, and I am weary of McKelvin. I love him as a return guy, but don't trust him as a cover corner which is what Pettine needs to run his defense.

This could be a great off season and Sirius guys picked the bills again after last season as a possible most improved team. Gannon specifically stated the talent is better, if EJ lives up to the billing, a possible real threat for at least the Jets, and Dolphins to sweep and a possible split on NE. We do this and we have a chance. With playing the NFC South, you would think we could beat Carolina, split possibly with New Orleans or Tampa, as both will get better and probably lose to Atlanta. With the AFC North, we have a shot at Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and maybe split with Baltimore and Cincy. I knw this is aggressive, but just because the team was solid last year does not mean they will be sharp this year.

Lastly, with Polian, I guess maybe he would come back for one last hurrah, but he is 70 guys, and does he really want to sign up for 4-5 years as that is what a GM looks to get in a contract. If you were to be a GM would you want to work those hours until your 74-75? Or would you enjoy like Parcells to get paid decent money at ESPN and NFL Radio for working 15 hours a week at most with maybe a little more in the season. At some point you want to spend time with your grandchildren.

Lastly, with Polian, I guess maybe he would come back for one last hurrah, but he is 70 guys, and does he really want to sign up for 4-5 years as that is what a GM looks to get in a contract. If you were to be a GM would you want to work those hours until your 74-75? Or would you enjoy like Parcells to get paid decent money at ESPN and NFL Radio for working 15 hours a week at most with maybe a little more in the season. At some point you want to spend time with your grandchildren.

In addition to all of the other solid reasons to say no on this, mention should be made of his son, as some Indy commentators saw Bill's dismissal as part of a larger move to make sure Bill's son, the heir apparent, did not in fact become the future of the Colts braintrust. The same concerns would accompany Bill here.