Bill Polian

Did your heart skip a beat?? Even the naysayer got excited for a couple o seconds didn't you?Well despite the boring, stay on the same topic for 4 hours WGR550 AM Radio Show might say about hiring Bill Polian....It all fits into a nice package!First of all there is a vacancy, Second of all Buddy Nix didn't act like he assumed Whaley was the guy even though all his interviewers have so far....One thing about Nix is that if he knows something he almost always foreshadows it, rather it's on the pone to an Atlanta Falcon's owner or almost spelling out him drafting C.J. Spiller. Nix always puts the cards upright on the table!Thirdly, Bill Polian is available, he's killing time at ESPN...but he's a GM at heart! Bill Polian's resume is unchallenged, and history usually repeats itself. He Built the Bills Superbowl team of the early 90's, He turned Carolina into an impressive expansion team, He built Indy in the image of the Bills!!! Polian knows the winning formula period!!!!An example of history repeating itself is the Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, Colts, Eagles, etc...usually good teams with few leans years. They draft lower than the Bills, Lions, Browns, etc...almost every year and out draft those teams by a wide margin!!!! It's an example of a winning philosophy! Over the course of the last 15 years there is no comparison!!! That is why it is important to have a proven winner at the helm! Someone that history already dictates will bring us a winner, instead of an inexperienced GM in D. Whaley that only had partial responsibility in the Steeler organization. If Whaley was an integral part the Steelers wouldn't have dispensed of him so easily, instead there must have been a power struggle or rift within management ranks, and the Steelers kept the integral cog in their wheel ! This is not a random post, but rather a well thought out thought process based on past performance, although no guarantee, a good indicator of future performance!!! Let's start up a Hire Bill Polian campaign now, before it's too late and we fall into another decade of non-playoff despair!!!What do we know for sure? We know that Marrone was a inexpensive flight from Syracuse, and came relatively cheap, as did most of his coaching staff. We know that Marrone, and a lot of his staff never coached in the professional ranks, and in their current positions except for maybe Pettine and a couple others.We know that E.J. Manuel is a project that has a strong arm, but has a delivery that will need modification, and will have to work on many aspects of his game before he will even have a chance at being an effective QB in the NFL.We know that we cut many players like Barnett, G. Wilson, and lost Levitre and others. We don't have sufficient depth at many positions, and CB will show it's ugly deficiencies throughout the year. McKelvin was a bad pick as he played against inferior competition in college and it reflects on the field. He uses his speed well on Special Teams, but that's about it...But despite everything that looks so hopeful during the spring when there is no opposition and it's sunny outside....There is no reason to believe the Bills will win more than 5 games this season plus or minus 1 game! There is no reason for me to believe that the Bills will hire Polian though, as Polian wouldn't come as cheap as a rookie GM like Whaley!We want Polian! We want Polian! We want Polian! + Bills = Playoffs, & Championships!!!!!!!!Whatever it takes to get this up on the board!!!Who else wants Bill Polian???? Post it...spread the word!!! Make a poll for it!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get this up on the board...Let's get the plane here with Polian in it!!! :thumbsup:

Tired of this ( :bag: ) Please!!! :worthy: come to Buffalo Bill Polian! No more bad stuff or missing playoffs :oops:

I'm tired of yelling at a brick wall! :wallbash: or explaining to my wife why the Bills are so bad :doh: when all I want is: :D Superbowl !!!!

No

Appreicate the detail... : )

Polian got lucky with Peyton Manning. He was on the competition committee and influenced the league to favor receiving weapons, which he drafted (though not particularly well). Look at his drafts with the Colts; they were awful, particularly in the second half of his tenure. Polian had success, like Marv Levy, but that doesn't mean he is a fit for the modern NFL. He's out of touch with the modern league.

He's "killing time" at ESPN because no one in the league thinks he's qualified to run an organization in 2013. I respect what Polian did in the past, but he's done for good reason.

Edited by ny33

Love what Polian did here. That being said, we are moving forward and not looking to the past. Anyone that says that nothing has changed (same ole Bills) is blind to fact. Everything has changed and for the better. It all began the day Mr. Wilson (God bless him by the way) gave up control.

Edited by PJBrown7

so wait. hes not at the airport? this thread raises so many questions, first being "why would we replace an elderly gm with another elderly gm?" hes the same age nowas buddy was 3 years ago. i thought the goal was a fresh young franchise.

Im not sure how old he is but if he was around during the 90's, wouldn't the hiring of Polian ruin the youth movement that seems to be happening in Buffalo?

No, quite the contrary. Buddy Nix is 73, Bill Polian is 70! Youth is served! ;)

Seriously, though...I loved what Polian did for the Bills in the '90s but no way do I want a return engagement. The GM job will formally be Doug Whaley's in a few days, IMO.