What if it's not Whaley?

Has anyone begun to explore the possibility that they might be looking to hire outside the organization, keeping Whaley in his current position?

I'd be just as shocked as the next guy if this happened--but nobody seems to be willing to consider the very real, albeit small, chance it could happen...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this has been addressed in the Nix thread. Those close to the situation claim it is indeed Whaley; the Bills are just waiting to announce it.

Yeah, I realized that a bit too late.

I think Whaley would have left if he wasn't "given the nod" early on during Buddy's tenure.

And you know, this was my obvious line of thinking, as well. But then I considered "what if he really likes the role he's in now and doesn't care to be full-fledged GM?"

I'd be shocked and think Whaley would leave PDQ if he gets passed over.

I just think they wanted to give Buddy his day and time on the Swan Song Stage and not dilute that time with the fussing over that Whaley will get In his first few days in his new role.

And you know, this was my obvious line of thinking, as well. But then I considered "what if he really likes the role he's in now and doesn't care to be full-fledged GM?"

That would be like Dwight always wanting to be assistant to the regional manager instead of assistant regional manager.

Yea, he could always turn it down but Nix has basically groomed him to be a GM. Didn't cleveland try to recruit Whaley last year or two years ago and he said no? I know someone did which makes me think he's the guy.

golf tango foxtrot oscar

Edited by The Wiz

Look They are giving Nix his due respect and taking a week or so to make the announcement. I mean Jesus folks the body isn't even done bleeding let alone cold yet.

And... I gotta think they are screwing with the fans and media a little. Hell I would if I were them :-)

Bills are using the time in between now and the announcement of promoting Whaley as claiming they were interviewing other candidates for the job. Someone will ask what other candidates at which point Russ will say he doesn't want to get into that/he'd rather not say.(Because there wasn't anyone)

I made a completely absurd post that said much the same. I hope this was satire as well.

Totally off topic, but it's damn refreshing to see Whaley laughing on the sidelines and smiling a lot. Nice change of pace to the stoic-types who seem to have infiltrated the ranks of nearly every GM post. Ever. Perhaps he realizes he picks players to play on a team for a living. Kinda nice.

Edited by stony