Fall from grace - worst movie sequels

Please enjoy a little break from the off-season and play along... Please list what you think is the biggest drop-off from an original movie to it's sequel... While there are many horrible movie sequels. I think the largest gap is between Caddyshack and Caddyshack 2. The sequel is routinely in the top 10 worst of all time lists and the original is often listed in top 10 sports movies. Your choice?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie and the Cruisers

Indana Jones and the Temple of Doom was not as good as Raiders of the Lost Ark, but then Indana Jones and the Last Crusade was pretty good.

Temple of Doom is underrated and Last Crusade is overrated. Raiders is far and away the best but I actually think Temple of Doom and Last Crusade are pretty close. They're both good. Either way, unless you're bringing up Crystal Skull, which was garbage, then Indiana Jones should not be mentioned in this post. And ya know what? Jaws 2 aint even half bad either. Now Jaws 3? That is a horrendous film.

OK, let's get down to business:

Major League 2 is complete and utter garbage. It is offensively and insultingly bad.

Teen Wolf Too was also a huge letdown.

Revenge of the Nerds 2 is pretty bad, although it has its moments.

And as I've gotten older I've realized that Back to the Future 2 and 3 kind of suck too. Used to kind of like them as kids but they have not stood the test of time.

Greatest sequel of all time? FUBAR 2. Better than the original. If you don't know about the FUBAR franchise, just order them off ebay or amazon and thank me later. You're welcome.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Temple of Doom is underrated and Last Crusade is overrated. Raiders is far and away the best but I actually think Temple of Doom and Last Crusade are pretty close. They're both good. Either way, unless you're bringing up Crystal Skull, which was garbage, then Indiana Jones should not be mentioned in this post. And ya know what? Jaws 2 aint even half bad either. Now Jaws 3? That is a horrendous film.

OK, let's get down to business:

Major League 2 is complete and utter garbage. It is offensively and insultingly bad.

Teen Wolf Too was also a huge letdown.

Revenge of the Nerds 2 is pretty bad, although it has its moments.

I almost said Major League 2 also, what a peice of crap that was

Seriously? Temple of Doom is the best one in the trilogy!!

I wouldn't go around telling too many people you feel that way. You are aware that Raiders of the Lost Ark is fairly high on the American Film Institute's greatest films of all time? I like Temple of Doom, but you need to re-watch Raiders of the Lost Ark my friend.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Jaws 2!

Weekend at Bernies 2. Then again Weekend at Bernies sucked too.

You're crazy man. Jaws 2 and Weekend at Bernies are two solid films. Jaws 2 was on last night when I got home from the bar. It's a good flick. Obviously a shell of the first one, but definitely worth watching if you've never seen it.