There Goes My Plan for Early Retirement!

Stl Bills

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gribbohm, who managed to win a stuffed banana with dreadlocks before dropping $2,600, says he's considering a lawsuit.

So it wasn't a total loss...

“For once in my life I happened to become that sucker,” Gribbohm said.

Somehow I doubt the 'once' part.

$2600 life savings? I bet he's also the guy whose car doubles in value when he fills the tank with gas.

Shocking that he didn't "cut his losses"! Sensationalism anyone? I was expecting at least a 7 figure loss wtf. Pretty sure that fairly average people blow that in Vegas in a day and still go about their business

I can almost sympathize with the guy for getting carried away and losing all the money in his pockets. Where the story gets interesting to me, and where I lose my ability to relate, is where he goes home and gets every last dime in his savings out and heads back to the carnival. That is a level of crazy and stupid that I find interesting. I don't understand it, but I marvel at it from afar. Bonus points to the TV news crew that got him to parade around with that stuffed animal. He was like the dumb kid in class showing off his dunce cap.

$2600 life savings? I bet he's also the guy whose car doubles in value when he fills the tank with gas.

Lol... When I used my wife's 15 year old Chrysler as the "airport car" I had more money tied up in the computing equipment in my back pack than I did in the vehicle. We gave it to her Aunt when we moved to Chicago and it is still being driven every day.

And I thought I didn't have much money saved up. I looked up his hometown expecting it to be way up north and in the middle of nowhere. He could probably buy a mansion for $2000 way up there. But it does look like he's relatively close to civilization, so I have no idea how he was going to live off that money.

And I thought I didn't have much money saved up. I looked up his hometown expecting it to be way up north and in the middle of nowhere. He could probably buy a mansion for $2000 way up there. But it does look like he's relatively close to civilization, so I have no idea how he was going to live off that money.

It is sad to think that this guy is more the norm than the exception

Reminds me of when I was about 7, my older brother took me to the Fair and I spent $20 (lot of money for a 7yr old in the 60's). My mother was so pi$$ed at my brother and I ..Until I showed her the gold painted pig on a necklace I won from the crane game. I learned my lesson about wasting money at carnival games that day. My mother kept that pig and would occasionaly bring it out and show it to me for a laugh. LOL

I like the rifle bb gun games, they always try to cheat by bending the scope or the barrel but if you take 2 or 3 shots you can compensate for it. I always won at those. In Thailand here, they have air guns with plastic thing that you stick on the end of the tubes and that becomes the projectile. I won six little stuffed animals for the kid playing last week (out of 7 shots with an obviously bent barrel, a little to the left and aim about 2 inches high). That is the third time I took home a prize with those things.

I really should have tried shooting when I was young as apparently I am pretty decent at it.

Damn have to edit my GF just told me it was 8 shots (but one toy got stuck when it fell back and didn't fall down).

Edited by bowery4

You're joking, and I'm just missing the sarcasm online, right...? :unsure:

Totally joking. Started my Roth at 25 hrs old. Later then some but before almost all do. Have had at least $6k in savings account since like age 12. I make a little but I save a lot. Hookers and blow only once a weekend.