Reasons This Has Been an AMAZING Draft

Boludo

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make no mistake EJ is the key. If he's big Ben, we struck gold, if he's the next Jason Campbell then we're spinning our wheels. Fingers crossed.

+2. Watched the Sports Reporters this morning. Small segment on Buffalo and their heir apparent QB since Kelly.

Two commented and both thought EJ was a reach at 14.

1995 was good and would have been great had not Covington and Kerner got injured.

Good to see you survived rounds 4 and 5 ;)

1995 was good and would have been great had not Covington and Kerner got injured.

Even still, getting a HOF'er, another near-HOF'er, and a great backup QB (not to mention Burkett and Hellestrae) puts it clearly at the top.

+2. Watched the Sports Reporters this morning. Small segment on Buffalo and their heir apparent QB since Kelly.

Two commented and both thought EJ was a reach at 14.

Good thing they took him at 16 then. ;)

Just think of the reverses and double reverses we can run with CJ, TJ and Goodwin. Talk about keeping D's from attacking. = AWESOME SPEED!!!

I doubt there will be that many reverses, Marrone doesn't strike me as a gimmick lover. I think they will simply try to use creative personnel packages, formations, and route combinations to draw isolation mismatches.

I doubt there will be that many reverses, Marrone doesn't strike me as a gimmick lover. I think they will simply try to use creative personnel packages, formations, and route combinations to draw isolation mismatches.

They might use that wide receiver motion to keep defenses honest and reveal coverages.

If so, every once in a great while they would hand the ball to the motion receiver on a flat reverse.

They might use that wide receiver motion to keep defenses honest and reveal coverages.

If so, every once in a great while they would hand the ball to the motion receiver on a flat reverse.

Marrone and Hackett also seem like guys who use the talents of who they have to exploit defenses. I expect them to use Goodwin like Percy Harvin is used (not comparing the twos talent or production, just the kinds of plays they would run).

Yeah I agree that there will be reverses in the playbook and they will be used in the manner you described. I just don't think it will be a central component.

Marrone and Hackett also seem like guys who use the talents of who they have to exploit defenses. I expect them to use Goodwin like Percy Harvin is used (not comparing the twos talent or production, just the kinds of plays they would run).

Well I think it's ok to compare him to Percy Harvin. That's the type of player this kid can be at this level, and he DOES have the talent level there to do it IMO. I loved this pick...Rams traded us Manuel, Kiko, and Gragg...hmmm, call me crazy I will call that a major hall considering we got the essentially the same player as Tavon in Goodwin too in the 3rd. Yes Tavon had a more productive career, but how much of that was because of talent differences rather than how they were used is the question. And IMO I don't think talent was the reason...in fact Goodwin was outshining most of these guys leading up to the draft.

Damn, it's gonna feel like forever waiting for training camp to start. There will be a lot of great position battles to keep an eye on all over this roster!

Mel Kiper said the Bills had the WORST draft in the entire NFL.

LOL Mel you are so out of touch with reality at this point bro it's time to just hang it up.

Have you even watched the Bills draft over the last decade? I don't remember him giving any of those terrible abominations the ranking of being the literal worst draft in the league.

He clinging to his little draft niche by a thread at this point, hanging on to his relevance from 20 years ago.

GO AWAY MEL KIPER

Mel Kiper said the Bills had the WORST draft in the entire NFL.

LOL Mel you are so out of touch with reality at this point bro it's time to just hang it up.

Have you even watched the Bills draft over the last decade? I don't remember him giving any of those terrible abominations the ranking of being the literal worst draft in the league.

He clinging to his little draft niche by a thread at this point, hanging on to his relevance from 20 years ago.

GO AWAY MEL KIPER

he was clearly upset with the bills for not picking nassib at 8.

I find it amusing that Mel Kiper gave the Bills the worst grade and Todd McShay was spitting venom...nyah when EJ Manuel was drafted. The guys they were touting as late first rounders or early second rounders (Barkley and Nassib) went in the fourth. So either those 2 are correct and the rest of the NFL is wrong or they believed their own hype? if the Bills took Nassib at 8, would Kiper have given them a better grad? Would McShay been signing the praises of how Buffalo got a great value/QB at 8? Both come off as bitter little brats. I think the Bills had a very good draft. Here is my mature response to those 2...nyah!!!

I find it amusing that Mel Kiper gave the Bills the worst grade and Todd McShay was spitting venom...nyah when EJ Manuel was drafted. The guys they were touting as late first rounders or early second rounders (Barkley and Nassib) went in the fourth. So either those 2 are correct and the rest of the NFL is wrong or they believed their own hype? if the Bills took Nassib at 8, would Kiper have given them a better grad? Would McShay been signing the praises of how Buffalo got a great value/QB at 8? Both come off as bitter little brats. I think the Bills had a very good draft. Here is my mature response to those 2...nyah!!!

And Adam Shefter knew the Bills were drafting EJ.

Do the math.

Not to rain on this parade, but I think E.J. Manual will be a bust and we will be drafting another QB in three years after Kolb plays one year and Manual gets two years to prove he is a bust. I watched him play at Florida State and he is not a starter in the NFL. I went to the Florida State Vs. Gators game last year and he was terrible with three interceptions and completed 50% of his passes. He sucked against good teams. He is not Cam Newton and will never be anything but a back up QB talent. He is Jamarcus Russell with more of a work ethic. He is a nice guy, well spoken, smart but is not a guy that will lead your team to victories in the fourth quarter.

First off, nice way to cherry pick EJ's worst game of the season and possibly his career as the "standard" to measure him by. That was only his second game out of 30+ starts that he threw 3 INTs, the other being in his second start ever as a freshman.

As for the bolded:

2009 vs Maryland (2nd career start): Down 4 with 2:30 to go, FSU wins with a game winning TD to win 29-26

2010 vs Clemson: Clem ties it with a FG with 0:53 to go, FSU wins on game winning FG to win 16-13

2011 Champs Sports bowl vs ND: FSU losing 14-3 entering the 4th quarter, scores 15 unanswered to win 18-14

2012 vs Clemson: FSU down 28-14 in the 3rd quarter, goes on a 35-3 run in 20 minutes of game time to win 49-37

2012 vs VT: FSU losing 22-21 with 2:19 to go, FSU scores a TD to win 28-22

But you're obviously right, nothing about the kid says he can bring a team back and win a game in the 4th quarter.

Edited by Ramius

Here is what I found so freaking ironic and hilarious and definitive proof why Kiper is a sham (as if anymore was even needed). Kiper expected and felt we should take Nassib at 8, or at the very least in 2nd. He had Nassib as a later first or early 2nd round grade and certainly thought we should have taken Nassib at 16 after the trade.

Now lets fast forward to day 2...Round 3 is closing in to being over and they keep showing Kipers "best available" and Nassib is the 10th best player on his board. Now fast forward to day 3 at the start of the 4th round after Barkley was taken, and Nassib is still like the 8th best player available.

So here we are in round 4, and this QB he felt we should have taken and was a mistake not to take isnt even close to the best player available still on his so called board...we are in the picks over a hundred now...yet he wants to grade us negatively for not taking him in the first. He can go F himself with his BS.

And, on day 1 when Raiders were first on the clock at pick 3 before the trade, he was mocking the Raiders draft history, and literally mentioned how bad the Raiders were for taking guys like Michael Huff and Robert Gallery. I MEAN WTF!!! Kiper was hyping Huff as the best SS prospect since Ronnie Lott literally saying he needs to go top 5 that year. He was saying Gallery was best tackle prospect in a decade and best player in the draft and should be taken #1 overall. Now, he sits back and talks about how bad the Raiders were at drafting because they drafted the same guys he promoted as some of the best in a decade.

How does he even have a job? He is wrong literally like 95% of the time, McSh*t too.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I really dont understand the EJ haters concerning his Value in this years draft. Quickest release, strongest arm, Best winning % of all QBs, 68 % completion %, 2nd highest wonderlic score in the draft, working on master degree as a senior, FSU charismatic leader and wins all bowl games............................................. BTW he is 6'5 and 240 lb. The Bills brain isnt picking the 2012 NFL qb class;consequently, first qb off the board at 16 isnt all that bad in any other year.

I think that previous draft disasters have made this decent draft seem like great draft.

That is a very good point, made me chuckle.

Everything really hinges on EJ playing like he was worth a first round pick, and that hinges on his development and protection at the line. Speaking of the Line, I'm still concerned about it with a few guys so injury prone.

The Bills hit 4 out of 5 needs so they did very well if all picks work out. I was kinda hoping they would go O line in such a top heavy draft for O linemen. Then again they managed to screw the Jets out of Tavon Austin so its all good.

Now the Bills could also screw the Dolphins out of LT Brandon Albert by trading for him. To me it would be well worth it to beef up that O line big time for EJ, Kolb or whatever QB wins the starting Job. Lastly, I was hoping they could have gotten QB Tyler Bray to develop.

Edited by FeartheLosing