We did not address the TE position

freester

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are desperate for an impact TE. All the top TE are gone. Chandler will probably start year on pup list. TE is a critical position for a young QB

1st of all, Kolb will be the starter, if he can stay healthy, for most, if not all of this season. And second, the Bills canl pick up a TE with experience if they choose to do so, there will be lot's of cuts before training camp begins. No need to worry just yet.

TE is the last thing we need. CB, DE/edge passrusher and O-line are much bigger needs. Still need a legitimate QB too but I think we can address that next year hopefully

Yes those are bigger needs, but Chandler isnt guaranteed to be ready Week 1. Plus Marrone has used plenty of two TE sets at Syracuse.

TE is the last thing we need. CB, DE/edge passrusher and O-line are much bigger needs. Still need a legitimate QB too but I think we can address that next year hopefully

Also, they addressed QB! Who do you like better than Manuel in this draft?

Ryan Griffin from UCONN was brought in for a pre draft visit. I assumed UDFA, but now that they acquired that 7th from the Rams, he could be a 6th or 7th.

http://youtu.be/cR7A_I4bP3I

Perfect!! More like our next pic with the run on TE's...Escobar going in the 2nd is crazy! If we don't take this kid in the 4th, forget it. To me, it's a must pic.

TE would probably be biggest need on the team, except that you don't really need to use one. If you do want to though, we're in trouble. Even if Chandler is healthy enough, he's still only guy above waiver wire pickup level.... while other teams are getting a 2nd TE better that him. AND he's in last year of his contract besides. So if you want one, bug need,,. but get creative and maybe use fullback and H-back like Dickerson more. Can still grab at least a late rounder.

Your EJ negativity is a lil too soon IMO. 6'5 240 young qb w wheels and arm is a decent move...maybe EJ was top qb on everyone's board could have got drafted in 20's

And tight end is a huge need. Whatchutalkinboutwillis ?

Lee smith and dorin Dickerson while other teams rollout jimmy graham and gronks? No way.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Yes those are bigger needs, but Chandler isnt guaranteed to be ready Week 1. Plus Marrone has used plenty of two TE sets at Syracuse.

Also, they addressed QB! Who do you like better than Manuel in this draft?

No one. I would've stayed away from every QB in this draft and just gone with Kolb. Would've drafted a QB in next year's draft. Buddy feels the heat so I guess we HAD to pick one this year.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

No one. I would've stayed away from every QB in this draft and just gone with Kolb. Would've drafted a QB in next year's draft. Buddy feels the heat so I guess we HAD to pick one this year.

Fair enough, although that could be seen as a cop out. :devil:

How bout if you had to pick one, who would it be?

Not trying to lead you into some kind of trap, because I get where you coming from. I picked Manuel bc he looks the part and seemingly has the most natural talent. Altho the way the draft has gone so far, I could definitely have passed on him at 16 and drafted someone like Ogletree or Jarvis Jones.

For the record, I do really like Manuel and I am glad they didn't risk losing him. Also even more glad I'm not the guy making the decisions!

APologies bc I don't want to turn this into a QB/Manuel thread!

I also like Dion Sims :pirate: