Thinking About Running Backs

yungmack

What I was actually thinking about was the Bills RBs. With CJ's tendency to get "winded" and Freddy's inability to make it through the last couple of seasons, this position is looking a little thin, at least on the elite level. So I wouldn't be shocked if the Bills grabbed a running back in the 3rd. And, btw, if they do, and if he's available, I'd like to see them grab Johnathan Franklin out of UCLA.

Anyone else feeling a little nervous about the RB position?

Is it possible that I agree with both sides of this argument? No, we should not draft a RB, as we have more pressing needs. However, I also believe people are way over confident in Our RB situation. Spiller is electrifying, but is he an every down back? Freddie, although he's my favorite Bill, is approaching the end of his road. I fear, and expect, that our 3rd Choice will end up starting a few games for us this year. (Usually I'm an optimist, I swear)

Fred just installed a hyperbaric chamber in his crib. #CHAMPIONSHIP :D

http://instagram.com/p/YgXYzPG12w/

8f9d4792ad3511e293ab22000a9f1919_7.jpg

dafudge is up with that hotel furniture?! I need to hook this dude up with some good stuff...

edit: also, one little mistake, a power outage or something and dude you're done. suffocation city. Those things creep me out.

Edited by jboyst62

dafudge is up with that hotel furniture?! I need to hook this dude up with some good stuff...

edit: also, one little mistake, a power outage or something and dude you're done. suffocation city. Those things creep me out.

So, you're saying they should draft another RB :devil:

I'm not a big fan of Tashard Choice and I'd like to see a power back on the roster.

LaGarrette Blount is reportedly available.

Dude is a hammer.

But I don't know if he plays special teams and that's kind of a prerequisite for a 3rd string RB.

I agree that undrafted free agent is the best way to go.

Try to find the next Freddy Jackson/Arian Foster.

IMO, if you address a couple big time needs in the first three rounds, and Lattimore is still around after that, you grab him. I know we have other needs, but we're building for the long term. FJ is getting old and CJ has another year or two on his deal. You can always deal Lattinore for a higher pick once he heals, or you can keep him with CJ (or in place of him should CJ bolt after his contract ends). Worst case they waste a 4th rounder.... They do that all the time!!!!

Edited by BuffaloATL

Spiller is a great back if used right. And while Freddy is getting old, I don't think he's getting fragile. Football is a violent game and there's always a chance a player will get hurt. But I don't think Freddy's chances of getting hurt this year are any greater because he's been hurt the last couple. Choice isn't awesome be he's a good #3.

With only 6 picks, there are bigger fist to fry.

IMO, if you address a couple big time needs in the first three rounds, and Lattimore is still around after that, you grab him. I know we have other needs, but we're building for the long term. FJ is getting old and CJ has another year or two on his deal. You can always deal Lattinore for a higher pick once he heals, or you can keep him with CJ (or in place of him should CJ bolt after his contract ends). Worst case they waste a 4th rounder.... They do that all the time!!!!

I would definitely take Lattimore in the fourth round, with the possible exception of if we did not address positions of need in the first three, which is somewhat hard to believe we wouldn't, considering we could go QB, WR, OL, TE, LB, or DB.