Former NFL Player, Myron Rolle, A Disgrace to the Game

Jauronimo

I never said Myron Rolle was a cold-water fish and should be harvested for his eggs. Clearly, I don't respect the man and since he quit football I'm not so sure he has what it takes to succeed in any other endeavor, but I NEVER called him a cold-water fish. Lets not make this racial.

You did raise the question of what Jim Kelly would be considered if he quit football to become a neuro-sturgeon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon

I don't think Mr. Kelly would have succeeded.

Brad Butler, retired to pursue a career in politics. At least government tries to help people rather than just line their pockets like neuro-surgeons, so he gets a pass.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Brad_Butler

I wonder if he ever got into politics. I tried googling him, but didn't see much.

I really appreciate guys like Brad Butler, Robert Smith, and now Myron Rolle walking away from football to pursue greater non-football ambitions.

But I wonder if these things ever work out as planned. I am pretty sure Robert Smith didn't go to med school. No indication that Brad Butler has gotten into politics. Recall that Tiki Barber retired to pursue non-football aspirations, only to struggle as a TV host and flame out.

Makes you think-- why not stick with the sure thing of being a pro football player until you've completely run out of gas? You can always go back to school or start a second career at 35 when you retire.

You did raise the question of what Jim Kelly would be considered if he quit football to become a neuro-sturgeon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon

I don't think Mr. Kelly would have succeeded.

What am I supposed to do with that? Look up "neuro-sturgeon" wise guy. Had I used teacher in my original example would you send me a wikipedia link to trout?

And who are you to doubt Jim Kelly?!?!? He had a hall of fame career in the NFL. He probably would have been the best neuro-sturgeon in the country exclusive of the NYC, Dallas and DC metropolitan areas.

Nice, but it doesn't look like Myron was the hottest football player to come down the pike. I suspect he realized his playing days were either numbered or over and that it was time to move on. Happens all the time in the NFL.

Good luck to you in med school Myron.

I wonder if he ever got into politics. I tried googling him, but didn't see much..

Brad appears to have lost a lot of weight since he retired:

No mention of where he's working, but this line caught my eye:

"While football was a large part of his life, Butler has exhibited a metacognitive desire to engage with urban youth and impoverished community initiatives."

That's what a UVA edj-u-macation will make you talk like, I guess... :lol:

Edited by Lurker

Brad appears to have lost a lot of weight since he retired:

No mention of where he's working, but this line caught my eye:

"While football was a large part of his life, Butler has exhibited a metacognitive desire to engage with urban youth and impoverished community initiatives."

That's what a UVA edj-u-macation will make you talk like, I guess... :lol:

haha. that is the stupidest thing I ever heard.

He says "metacognitive," I would opt for "strong."

I wonder if he ever got into politics. I tried googling him, but didn't see much.

I really appreciate guys like Brad Butler, Robert Smith, and now Myron Rolle walking away from football to pursue greater non-football ambitions.

But I wonder if these things ever work out as planned. I am pretty sure Robert Smith didn't go to med school. No indication that Brad Butler has gotten into politics. Recall that Tiki Barber retired to pursue non-football aspirations, only to struggle as a TV host and flame out.

Makes you think-- why not stick with the sure thing of being a pro football player until you've completely run out of gas? You can always go back to school or start a second career at 35 when you retire.

Robert Smith actually did go to med school and runs a successful practice in Manhatten.

Also Tiki flamed out when he decided to start boinking a 20 year old while his wife was pregnant. That PR nightmare killed his television career and he was dropped from his morning show gig.

Edited by Heels20X6

Robert Smith actually did go to med school and runs a successful practice in Manhatten.

Also Tiki flamed out when he decided to start boinking a 20 year old while his wife was pregnant. That PR nightmare killed his television career and he was dropped from his morning show gig.

I don't think calling his co-host a "metal c%nt" during the Olympics helped Tiki's career much either. Different sport and much different caliber of player, but Ken Dryden walked away from the game at age 31 with several good years left in him to practice law.

Thought I'd share a positive story regarding life after football, as we all too often hear about former players falling on hard times after their playing days are over, and perhaps have a little fun in the process.

I don't think calling his co-host a "metal c%nt" during the Olympics helped Tiki's career much either. Different sport and much different caliber of player, but Ken Dryden walked away from the game at age 31 with several good years left in him to practice law.

Thought I'd share a positive story regarding life after football, as we all too often hear about former players falling on hard times after their playing days are over, and perhaps have a little fun in the process.

Dryden also went to have a successful career in politics as well.

That's great re Robert smith. I figured he didn't go back to med school when I saw him on Espn as a talking head. I guess he is a doc and a football commentator.

Tiki was supposedly horrible on tv, and prob would have been canned regardless of the intern.

Speaking of never even going pro, Jay Berwanger, the first Heisman Trophy winner never even played pro. He asked too much from Halas. Went right to another career. Coming from the then nation's biggest powerhouse football program: University of Chicago. The University did the same thing and walked away from football all together by the late 1930's. That would be like schools today such as Notre Dame, Ohio State, Florida State, Alabama, etc... College football powerhouses dropping football as a program. Think of the money innvolved, that is exactly what The University of Chicago did in 1939.