Former NFL Player, Myron Rolle, A Disgrace to the Game

Jauronimo

Good for him. And I hope the OP is being sarcastic...

The guy was blessed with natural ability to play NFL football and because he doesn't have the heart and the toughness to play ball he chooses the easy way out. That goes against everything being a football player represents. Rolle is a fraud. What if Jim Kelly quit football to be neuro-sturgeon or some crap?

The guy was blessed with natural ability to play NFL football and because he doesn't have the heart and the toughness to play ball he chooses the easy way out. That goes against everything being a football player represents. Rolle is a fraud. What if Jim Kelly quit football to be neuro-sturgeon or some crap?

Would a "neuro-sturgeon" make good caviar?

Well, I'm guessing at least 80% of the strippers in the region wouldn't have been able to pay their tuition checks.

"Rolle is retiring from football so that he can go to medical school. When was the last time you remember a pro athlete making that choice?"

Robert Smith from the Vikings... :)

Thanks. Couldn't remember his name.

What precludes any quack from being a more specialized kind of quack? More impotently, what does fish sperm have to do with fraud and coward Myron Rolle?

It's fish eggs, not sperm. Ewwww And when you're impotent, you should dress impotent.

So, in all seriousness does make drafting a guy like this harder. I want my team to draft guys who only option is playing football!

Kind of how Coach K only recruits guys from certain economic/academic backgrounds cause he wants only guys that no incentive to turn pro before their senior year.

So, in all seriousness does make drafting a guy like this harder. I want my team to draft guys who only option is playing football!

Kind of how Coach K only recruits guys from certain economic/academic backgrounds cause he wants only guys that no incentive to turn pro before their senior year.

Absolutely. If I'm a GM and a prospect even mentions that they want to be a Rhode Island Scholar, I'm crossing them off my board. How committed to stopping the run can you be when you're dreaming of playing Dr? How well do you know the playbook when you've got chlorophyl and boron on the brain? Theres no room for quitters in the NFL.

Theres also no room for idiots in football. Seriously, what kind of idiot leaves a lucrative career as a 2nd stringer and special teams starter in the NFL to be just another neuro-surgeon anyway? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember Dr. Phil ever being on the cover of Madden. Remember when Dr. Sanjay Gupta dropped $50k in 20 minutes at the Liquor Room? Nope, neither do I. How many super bowl rings does Dr. Seuss have? None.

Didn't we have a 26 year old RT retire a few years ago? I forget what he wanted to become, maybe he just didn't want to be a Bill.

Brad Butler, retired to pursue a career in politics. At least government tries to help people rather than just line their pockets like neuro-surgeons, so he gets a pass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Butler

Absolutely. If I'm a GM and a prospect even mentions that they want to be a Rhode Island Scholar, I'm crossing them off my board. How committed to stopping the run can you be when you're dreaming of playing Dr? How well do you know the playbook when you've got chlorophyl and boron on the brain? Theres no room for quitters in the NFL.

Theres also no room for idiots in football. Seriously, what kind of idiot leaves a lucrative career as a 2nd stringer and special teams starter in the NFL to be just another neuro-surgeon anyway? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember Dr. Phil ever being on the cover of Madden. Remember when Dr. Sanjay Gupta dropped $50k in 20 minutes at the Liquor Room? Nope, neither do I. How many super bowl rings does Dr. Seuss have? None.

You're the one convinced that a cold-water fish, traditionally smoked or harvested for its eggs, can become a neurosurgeon.

You're the one convinced that a cold-water fish, traditionally smoked or harvested for its eggs, can become a neurosurgeon.

I never said Myron Rolle was a cold-water fish and should be harvested for his eggs. Clearly, I don't respect the man and since he quit football I'm not so sure he has what it takes to succeed in any other endeavor, but I NEVER called him a cold-water fish. Lets not make this racial.