I just ate durian fruit...

The Poojer

It is best eaten scooped out in ones hand...its sweet...its pudding-like and its oniony... but its not as awful as its reputation would suggest...plus it has a fairly pleasant melony aroma

Can it be sliced over corn flakes?? Or is it too mushy??

i know he's not the best barometer, but its the one food i have seen Andrew Zimmern get disgusted by...and i am here to say...its really not that awful...sweet onion with a custardy texture...get past the texture and its actually kid of good

That's the one, I was going to ask about it, just never got around to it.

andrew zimmern calls it a fruit with the texture of warm vaseline with the taste of feet...he's not too far off, but strangely enough....its not bad,,,in fact..i'm gonna have more....

I heard durian is quite tasty but the smell will knock a buzzard off a shitwagon. I see it in the Asian markets I go to.

PTR

I've tried a bite or two of Dorian. Not something I'm running to buy anytime soon, but could've certainly been worse.

Had a cherimoya this week - on the odd fruit front- that was real good.

Had a cherimoya once. The flesh reminds me of string cheese. If you want to try a really tasty exotic fruit try a rambutan. Very similar to lychee.

And Jboyst will tell you I LOVE scuppernong and muscadine grapes. Maybe one day he'll tell you about trying to ship me a create via UPS. Did not end well.

But I have planned my NC beach vacation for August and plan to consume pounds of those beauties.

PTR

Had a cherimoya once. The flesh reminds me of string cheese. If you want to try a really tasty exotic fruit try a rambutan. Very similar to lychee.

And Jboyst will tell you I LOVE scuppernong and muscadine grapes. Maybe one day he'll tell you about trying to ship me a create via UPS. Did not end well.

But I have planned my NC beach vacation for August and plan to consume pounds of those beauties.

PTR

To me muscadine s just taste like so so grapes with tough skin. I don't get the attraction.

To me muscadine s just taste like so so grapes with tough skin. I don't get the attraction.

i think they are one of those that i especially enjoy because they are out of the ordinary and gets a little variety in the food routine. I dont go out of my way to get them but when in season i always pick up a pack.