Remember the 3rd Round Last Year. This is why...

...You never know WTF the Bills brass is thinking. I remember watching and hearing the BILLS have TRADED UP and I thought YES!! YES!! We are going to take Russel Wilson. He won't last to the 4th where the Bills want him so we are getting him now!! Great move..... then......

silence.... and with their pick in the 3rd round the Buffalo Bills select... WR T.J. Graham.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I had to look up stats and ranking for this no name unheard of speedster and saw him as the 34th ranked receiver. Maybe the Bills know something, I tried to convince myself. Maybe they'll still get Wilson BUT NO! GOD NO! They did it again. And we all know how that played out.

Which is why something tells me they will do it THIS YEAR TOO! Some head scratching boneheaded pick that Whitner's my ass into a Maybin frenzy. I just don't trust them to get it right.

So the question is? What dumbs, head scratching, rip your eyeballs out move do you think they will pull this year or does Marrone have enough sense and insight and power to guide the ship off the damn iceberg for once?

My guess. Buddy goes down with the ship guiding us to pick #8--- Matt Barkley, sunshine boy USC, RJ#2 can't slice it through the cold winds.

I really like EJ Manuel but don't know if he plays good in the cold. Nassib seems like the only logical choice to fit what we do in the environment we do it in. But who follows logic at OBD.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TJ, as a rookie, caught 30 some passes. It's very very early into 2013 but from what's come out of the first mini camp, TJ was the best WR in camp. I don't think this was a wasted 3rd rounder, not as great as the Wilsom pick for sure, but certainly not wasted. Buddy's 2012 draft may turn out to really great.

The funny part was that TJ was a 5th round projection. We didn't need to trade up to get him in the 3rd. It was confusing and upsetting. That being said, I think a new QB will help unlock TJ's potential. Drops aside, he was great at getting downfield.

...You never know WTF the Bills brass is thinking. I remember watching and hearing the BILLS have TRADED UP and I thought YES!! YES!! We are going to take Russel Wilson. He won't last to the 4th where the Bills want him so we are getting him now!! Great move..... then......

silence.... and with their pick in the 3rd round the Buffalo Bills select... WR T.J. Graham.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I had to look up stats and ranking for this no name unheard of speedster and saw him as the 34th ranked receiver. Maybe the Bills know something, I tried to convince myself. Maybe they'll still get Wilson BUT NO! GOD NO! They did it again. And we all know how that played out.

I remember thinking the same exact thing! Damn did I want me some Russell Wilson...

TJ Graham is gonna shut the mouths of a lot of armchair gms around here very soon.......book it

The funny part was that TJ was a 5th round projection. We didn't need to trade up to get him in the 3rd. It was confusing and upsetting. That being said, I think a new QB will help unlock TJ's potential. Drops aside, he was great at getting downfield.

Yes because "projections" are exactly how drafts play out.......geesh

Which is why something tells me they will do it THIS YEAR TOO! Some head scratching boneheaded pick that Whitner's my ass into a Maybin frenzy. I just don't trust them to get it right.

So the question is? What dumbs, head scratching, rip your eyeballs out move do you think they will pull this year or does Marrone have enough sense and insight and power to guide the ship off the damn iceberg for once?

My guess. Buddy goes down with the ship guiding us to pick #8--- Matt Barkley, sunshine boy USC, RJ#2 can't slice it through the cold winds.

I really like EJ Manuel but don't know if he plays good in the cold. Nassib seems like the only logical choice to fit what we do in the environment we do it in. But who follows logic at OBD.

Current Ryan Nassib rankings…

GBN Report - 44

Mike Mayock - 50

Gil Brandt - 50

CBS Sports - 48

Yet it's logical for the Bills to spend the #8 overall pick on Ryan Nassib? That is the logical thing to do unlike the Bills reaching for TJ Graham last year?

What if Marrone doesn't even want Nassib and would rather develop a QB with a higher ceiling and with modern NFL era QB skills like Matt Scott instead? I don't think that Nassib fans are even remotely considering this possibility. Marrone may not even want Nassib. He's almost 50 years old and he won't hitch his head coaching career wagon to Nassib if thinks there's a good chance he's not a franchise QB.

He was great at getting downfield? And you think that is a positive? This really sets the bar low.

Current Ryan Nassib rankings…

GBN Report - 44

Mike Mayock - 50

Gil Brandt - 50

CBS Sports - 48

Yet it's logical for the Bills to spend the #8 overall pick on Ryan Nassib? That is the logical thing to do unlike the Bills reaching for TJ Graham last year?

What if Marrone doesn't even want Nassib and would rather develop a QB with a higher ceiling and with modern NFL era QB skills like Matt Scott instead? I don't think that Nassib fans are even remotely considering this possibility. Marrone may not even want Nassib. He's almost 50 years old and he won't hitch his head coaching career wagon to Nassib if thinks there's a good chance he's not a franchise QB.

But as far as strictly QBs, he's ranked anywhere from #1 to #6

My problem with the pick is far more Russel Wilson than TJ Graham. Graham had an iffy rookie year with some promise. Whatever.

There is not a single player on any Bills roster between 2000 and the present that I would rather have than Russel Wilson.

And if he ran the BILLS offense last year, it would have been another wasted pick!!!!

You are damn spot on. It's about "fit" for the team that is drafting him. No one seems to get that. There are QBs that have outrageously strong arms or incredible athletic ability. And every time I see that brought up, I think of Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young, JP Losman, and Heath Schuler.

My problem with the pick is far more Russel Wilson than TJ Graham. Graham had an iffy rookie year with some promise. Whatever.

There is not a single player on any Bills roster between 2000 and the present that I would rather have than Russel Wilson.

Get over it for Pete's sake.