Draft day plans

Haven't see this touched on yet.

So I'm curious, how do you usually spend the draft?

Me? I'm headed back to Buffalo for the first round to hit up a Wild Wings with a bunch of my fellow Bills fans. Draft night is always fun (cept for the year we took Maybin :censored: .) It's a night where we all drink the kool-aid till we can't see straight . Well, the beer helps with that one a bit :flirt: .

I usually watch the 2nd- 3rd round on TV and keep a more casual eye on things for the rest. All while watching the draft threads on TBD of course!

I used to love sitting down and watching the draft for the whole damn Saturday. I used to invite people over and drink beer and eat pizza all day long. Everyone knew that was the one day of the year to not make plans for me and to not bother me for a whole day. It was a glorious ritual. Then the NFL went and changed things on me. I still watch, but just don't get as excited for it considering I have to get up for work the next day. I understand that the new format is probably the best thing for all parties involved, but I miss the old school draft days.

I used to spend all day Saturday with friends playing horse shoes, grilling, drinking and watching / listening to the draft then recovering on Sunday while watching the late rounds.

Unfortunately the NFL decided they could milk it and ruin a good tradition moving the draft to prime time and spreading it out over 3 days so now I just sit at home watching the early rounds and dont even bother tuning for the late rounds

With just the first round on Thursday I usually end up flipping or tuning out completely once the Bills pick

Edited by Max997

Gag wife, tie wife up, stuff wife in closet, watch draft, yes all 3 days.

That's just foreplay in my house... though, I am not married.

Oh, and I make DrD text me who we chose.

Edited by jboyst62

I used to love sitting down and watching the draft for the whole damn Saturday. I used to invite people over and drink beer and eat pizza all day long. Everyone knew that was the one day of the year to not make plans for me and to not bother me for a whole day. It was a glorious ritual. Then the NFL went and changed things on me. I still watch, but just don't get as excited for it considering I have to get up for work the next day. I understand that the new format is probably the best thing for all parties involved, but I miss the old school draft days.

I liked it way better when it was Saturday and Sunday only. I watched from start to finish

On thursday I go to the Stoneyard in Bport with my friend. Hes a fins fan. I heard Thurman is gonna be there this year. On saturday my friends come over, and theyre all fans of other teams. I have a google tv and we all look up videos of the players each of our teams pick... we get really into the later rounds.

Unfortunately I am in Costa Rica for the next two weeks. So no Stoneyard, no Thurman, and no late round party for me. Its gonna be hard enough to keep up with the picks themselves.

I too miss the Saturday and Sunday draft weekend. The Thurs-Sat is growing on me. Especially the reset on Friday @ 6 and Saturday morning.

I usually consume adult beverages and lots of bad food, while the wife watches Greys Anatomy...

For those of you turning off after we pick @ 8, you may miss a trade back into late 1st for a QB.

I used to spend all day Saturday with friends playing horse shoes, grilling, drinking and watching / listening to the draft then recovering on Sunday while watching the late rounds.

Unfortunately the NFL decided they could milk it and ruin a good tradition moving the draft to prime time and spreading it out over 3 days so now I just sit at home watching the early rounds and dont even bother tuning for the late rounds

With just the first round on Thursday I usually end up flipping or tuning out completely once the Bills pick

Same here. We used to do the same thing on Saturday. We would golf early in the morning, come back to my house, get a keg, grill out, play poker, have the draft on one tv & the ball games on the other tvs. It was really a great day. I hardly even watch it anymore. Just try to click it on when the Bills are about to pick.

My draft day this year looks like:

-Heading to Busbys for the LA Bills Backers Draft Party.

-Eating mediocre chicken wings

-hearing about our board members recent lunch with Stevie J.

-Complaining about our "primetime" game with the Browns, and how it will likely end 6-3 final score

- Listening to 50% of the room think our first pick is genius.

-Listening to the other 50% think our first pick is awful