Bill Polian's top 4 qualities in a franchise QB

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nassib

He also doesn't wear sleeves regardless of how cold it is. Kid was government engineered to play for the Bills.

except that he played in a dome in college...

Gruden was concerned with his "ball security"

Yeah, did you see that? I actually had ESPN on for that segment. I was laughing my arse off, because he does have a point but he hammered away at something so small it was boring. Instead of working on the other issues he has in his game he stuck on something any peewee football player could have told him was an error. Gruden is a douchenozzle.

Are those in his order of importance because he always stressed accuracy as his number one quality in a QB, followed by smarts to process information quickly. I can't see him making arm strength most important when he was always so adamant about accuracy and smarts.

GO BILLS!!!

Barkley is very highly regarded in that part of his game. You're letting your bias get away with you saying it ain't close.

Go back to the tapes for yourself... Barkley holds onto it longer... he's still processing... and when the ball comes out, Nassibs release is more compact and quicker.

Go back to the tapes for yourself... Barkley holds onto it longer... he's still processing... and when the ball comes out, Nassibs release is more compact and quicker.

I live in LA and have seen him a ton. I don't want the Bills to draft him at all. But that is one of the strengths of his game. The compact release has little to processing information. It's important, and a great strength of Nassib's. But it's a different category of skill.

I saw the episode - and it wasn't arm strength overall - like a cannon of an arm - but that first and foremost the QB had to be capable of making all the throws an NFL QB would need to make. Then it was accuracy, then processing info quickly, and finally clutch play.

Yeah, I was really disappointed that Jaworski and Pollian both had Barkley pretty far down on their lists. Pollian had Jones as his number 1 QB, then Nassib. That was a real shocker - although, considering Jones's records and history, I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone by the middle of the 3rd round. They both had Nassib as their 2nd QB, I believe. Nassib appears to be getting the most consistent props of any of these QB's. I'm amazed - I've been all in on Barkley. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm wrong. I can't help seeing what I see, and I just believe Barkley is the guy, but at this point, I'll be happy if the Bills end up with Nassib, Barkley, Wilson, or Smith - even Manuel.

I saw the episode - and it wasn't arm strength overall - like a cannon of an arm - but that first and foremost the QB had to be capable of making all the throws an NFL QB would need to make. Then it was accuracy, then processing info quickly, and finally clutch play.

Yeah, I was really disappointed that Jaworski and Pollian both had Barkley pretty far down on their lists. Pollian had Jones as his number 1 QB, then Nassib. That was a real shocker - although, considering Jones's records and history, I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone by the middle of the 3rd round. They both had Nassib as their 2nd QB, I believe. Nassib appears to be getting the most consistent props of any of these QB's. I'm amazed - I've been all in on Barkley. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm wrong. I can't help seeing what I see, and I just believe Barkley is the guy, but at this point, I'll be happy if the Bills end up with Nassib, Barkley, Wilson, or Smith - even Manuel.

I know arm strength can be overrated in importance but I don't think I've ever seen a QB with a weaker arm than Matt Barkley with the possible exception of Chad Pennington.

His arm is weaker than Matt Cassel's, Fitz', Orton's, McCoy's, anyone's. It's screamingly obvious AFAIC.

All you have to do is watch the video and it jumps off the screen… and I intentionally only watched his games from 2011 when he was completely healthy and had a great season.