Eugene Cyril "Geno" Smith III - QB - West Virginia

I would love to get Geno in buffalo, i just don't see jax nor oakland passing on him...and i wouldn't trade up with so many holes.

On the country, I would be shocked if he's picked by Jax or OAK. Floored.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I really worry about with Geno is how his team started 5-0 and lost 6 of their last 8. Why wasnt he able to turn it around? Yes the defense sucked but its a concern to me that Geno, as the leader, couldnt right the ship.

He will face much tougher tests in the NFL. Can he handle the adversity?

One thing I really worry about with Geno is how his team started 5-0 and lost 6 of their last 8. Why wasnt he able to turn it around? Yes the defense sucked but its a concern to me that Geno, as the leader, couldnt right the ship.

The defense was giving up over 50 points per game.

It wasnt like they were losing 17-10

Edited by NoSaint

If we don't trade up and jax or oak is bright enough to sign him then there's just one more team out there better than buffalo.

Pay the bad qb tax now....get it done......geno has all the tools....hands down best qb in the draft by a large margin.

If the OL gives geno time then IT'S ON LIKE A MOFO! TJ graham will sneak in some big plays even. It'll be sweet

Well our defense has a penchant for doing that. Isn't that the QBs fault? That's what I read here

Clearly over simplified. If the qb is turning the ball over, can't sustain drives etc.... It can certainly hurt you and end up in a few games like that..... But His defense gave up the worst of the bills season as their average for 2 months. Even while he was performing well. I'm sure you can see the difference.

Edited by NoSaint

Well our defense has a penchant for doing that. Isn't that the QBs fault? That's what I read here

Difference is...During WVU's 5 consecutive losses Geno never had a game with a QB Rating under 100...He through 11 TD's to only 5 INT's in those games, and WVU scored 38, 34, and 49 point in the last 3 of those 5 games...

I think it can safely be said that Geno was towards the bottom of blame for WVU's struggles... B-)

Clearly over simplified. If the qb is turning the ball over, can't sustain drives etc.... It can certainly hurt you and end up in a few games like that..... But His defense gave up the worst of the bills season as their average for 2 months. Even while he was performing well. I'm sure you can see the difference.

Difference is...During WVU's 5 consecutive losses Geno never had a game with a QB Rating under 100...He through 11 TD's to only 5 INT's in those games, and WVU scored 38, 34, and 49 point in the last 3 of those 5 games...

I think it can safely be said that Geno was towards the bottom of blame for WVU's struggles... B-)

Sarcasm guys :P

Tyler Bray has way more upside than Geno Smith. And look at the conferences they played in. Smith in the Big East and Big 12 (WVA switched last season) where the defenses are down rite awful. And Bray in the SEC, where defense is paramount. Smith is lacking in the intangible dept, based on what Mayock is saying and the other scouting report that came out earlier this week. If I am a GM, no way I am taking Geno Smith with a top 10 pick. Way too many questions about his game. If Bray is there in the second round we need to take him. He has a gunslingers mentality. And I like that he has some attitude. We have been missing that for a long time, especially at QB.

Attitude will make you millions.

Sincerely,

Ryan Leaf

Come on. That defense didn't just suck, it was the worst. If other teams are putting 50-spots up on you, do you expect to win very often? Please be honest.

Thx as usual for the sanity. People don't get this and make all sorts of sh--ty reasons up like body language and attitude. Again, did Steve McNair rip his shirt up and throw temper tantrums and yell at people when he lost? Let's get some perspective.

How can you be so matter of fact about this?

its very very easy.........take a look around at all the promising young qb's.............IMO Geno's is another one of them. Gotta swing to hit a HR is my take, if he or other qb we draft is a bust so be it........i just want to see us take a few hacks at it as opposed to the Aaron Williams/Torrell Troup/hell even Marcell D/Maybin type players.

if we are gonna rotate retread scrubs while more young qb's enter and develop then we will continue to be a joke.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I'm not disagreeing, but a qb rating of 100 in college football is actually pretty bad ...

I'm not disagreeing, but a qb rating of 100 in college football is actually pretty bad ...

then take his 160 against oklahoma, 135 against okst, or even the 173 or 248 in two wins where his defense gave up 45 and 63 points.... as a low point in his season i dont think you can call 100 thaaat bad. thats not a great game but as the worst of the worst, its still respectable. definitely not the bumbling disaster of misfortune that some like to paint.

then take his 160 against oklahoma, 135 against okst, or even the 173 or 248 in two wins where his defense gave up 45 and 63 points.... as a low point in his season i dont think you can call 100 thaaat bad. thats not a great game but as the worst of the worst, its still respectable. definitely not the bumbling disaster of misfortune that some like to paint.

Another thing about Geno that Russ Lande pointed out in his Scouting Report is the fact that he already has a great understanding of not forcing passes...Part of what got Geno the early attention was the fact that he was slinging the ball around like crazy, granted against poorer Defenses...But when he came up against the better teams, for the most part, he kept WVU in those games by not turning the ball over a ton and forcing things...I think this is a real factor in evaluating Smith and his overall game...And part of why his game projects well to the next level...He certainly has the athletic ability and arm to run just about any Offense in the NFL...But the ability to understand when to take a chance and when to throw it away is something some QB's never learn...I like that about Geno a lot... B-)