Zebrie Sanders at Guard?

Fredo G.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most likely explanation is..........unlike many posters....the Bills are aware that the first game is in September.

I like debating who's good, who's not ?.....what moves should be made ?

But these complaints about the roster, IN MARCH, are laughable.

Don't be shocked if they take a blue chip T at 8 and move Glenn inside. That would be one HELLUVA left side. Shades of Upshaw and Shell.

GO BILLS!!!

Yesterday Eric Wood said "Glenn is great right where he is." I very much doubt we move him, and we have so many holes to fill, I doubt we pick an OL that high. Furthermore, in the Deadspin interview Buddy said "we're set at tackle." I doubt he was playing possum although it's possible.

Marrone was an OL in the NFL. We will sign one and plug him in.

I don't know, he seemed pretty darn good as a starting left tackle in his rookie season. Let 2013's rookie T work the inside at G.

I hear ya and I don't necessarily disagree but Fisher and Joeckel are already better tackles than Glenn. They are blue chip talents. And Glenn played very well at G against great SEC competition and would be better suited to step in and play with the least amount of adjustment. But there's a lot to be said for keeping Glenn at T.

GO BILLS!!!

Yesterday Eric Wood said "Glenn is great right where he is." I very much doubt we move him, and we have so many holes to fill, I doubt we pick an OL that high. Furthermore, in the Deadspin interview Buddy said "we're set at tackle." I doubt he was playing possum although it's possible.

I agree that Marrone will plug someone in. Besides, I doubt Joeckel or Fisher will be there anyway. And while Glenn is doing well, he's not as good as either at T but he's a better G then either.

I'd be surprised but not shocked if they went with BPA and it was one of the Ts.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree. I also highly doubt they take a guard that high. I'm thinking 3rd round or lower for OL help in the draft.

Maybe Zebrie can kick in at G, but I have a feeling they'll pick up a journeyman G somewhere along the way.

Just my guess

• 5 weeks later...

Lots of talk and speculation about the Bills going guard at 8. While Warmack and Cooper are both steller

prospects, it's hard for me to rationalize us taking a guard this high. The man that's seemingly lost in the discussion is Zebrie Sanders. By the looks, he's rehabbing well and will be ready for otas and camp. People with insight, might he be a candidate to slide inside? Or is he better suited for the role of swing tackle? In my mind, and with the understanding he's raw and unproven, Sanders might give just us some draft flexibility.

Thoughts?

Lots of talk and speculation about the Bills going guard at 8. While Warmack and Cooper are both steller

prospects, it's hard for me to rationalize us taking a guard this high. The man that's seemingly lost in the discussion is Zebrie Sanders. By the looks, he's rehabbing well and will be ready for otas and camp. People with insight, might he be a candidate to slide inside? Or is he better suited for the role of swing tackle? In my mind, and with the understanding he's raw and unproven, Sanders might give just us some draft flexibility.

Thoughts?

Just to add to your question, I'd also like to hear people's thoughts on Hairston sliding into the LG position as well.

. Grades out extremely well in every aspect of run blocking. Pulling/Trapping - Outstanding blocking ability on the move. Would grade highly as an OG prospect as well. Agility is very good and power is excellent. Puts a lot of defenders on the ground. Stays low and uses excellent technique. Initial Quickness - Is usually very good in this area.

From CBS Sports analysis pre 2012 draft, so maybe.

I thought Sanders was quicker than he was strong. That made him an intriguing LT prospect. I would rather see Hairston win the RT spot and dominate there. I would have no problem taking Warmack or Cooper and having a dominant offensive line. Look at the 49ers - lot's of high draft picks in front of Koepernick.