Kolb vs. Fitz???

I was a supporter of Fitz and believe he could have succeeded if Gailey featured more Spiller and less Fitz. He was good enough to make the playoffs last year if not for a historically bad defense. And yes it was Graham's fault they lost against New England.

My take - is Kolb an upgrade over Fitz?

9-12 in 21 starts, 59% comp%, 28 TD, 25 INT, just over 5000 career yards

23-41, 59%, 92 TD 81 INT, 14K yards

Neither one has a cannon arm.

Did they just replace the same guy with a cheaper option??? I think all they have done is replace a guy who had a limited ceiling with a guy we hope was limited more by Arizona's offensive line than his own abilitities... Flame away at my loyalty to Fitz. I will hope Kolb does well and I would honeslty rather have him than Flynn, Alex Smith, or even Caron Palmer.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a supporter of Fitz and believe he could have succeeded if Gailey featured more Spiller and less Fitz. He was good enough to make the playoffs last year if not for a historically bad defense. And yes it was Graham's fault they lost against New England.

Did they just replace the same guy with a cheaper option??? I think all they have done is replace a guy who had a limited ceiling with a guy we hope was limited more by Arizona's offensive line than his own abilitities... Flame away at my loyalty to Fitz. I will hope Kolb does well and I would honeslty rather have him than Flynn, Alex Smith, or even Caron Palmer.

No flame, just bottom line you are comparring apples to Oranges. Kolb = worst OL in the NFL, non debatable, and no running game. Fitz = had a damn good OL (top 5 most likely) and a great running game and sucked.

kolb likely isnt going to be worlds different. or he wouldnt be a cheap, free agent, stopgap/plan b (hopefully) option.

he might be a little better... hes certainly a lot cheaper... and sometimes, you just have to turn the page even if you dont gain a ton by doing so.

Its a good question. If you asked me 2 years ago, I might say Fitz, who by the way I also supported. It is hard to say what happened to Fitz toward the end of his tenure with Buffalo. His accuracy suffered. Maybe Lee (QB coach) messed him up ? Hard to say. He tried to carry the team on his shoulders, but just couldn't get er done. I like Fitz and wish him all the best. He's a good man.

Bottom line is we'll find out. What I read is Kolb is well suited to the offense Buffalo (allegedly) plans to run. He has a decent line. A decent running game. He needs more targets though. He's hungry and wants to prove himself. I am of the opinion he has a good coaching staff. I anticipate a "dink and dunk" type offense. Hopefully an efficient one.

So...If I had to guess, and I was a gambling man I'd say that this upcoming season Kolb is probably a better QB...for us. He might even be our starter 1st half of the season. Likely will be in fact.

For now we can only speculate. Me...I hope he's a hundred times better than Fitz !!!! That would make me real happy.

jb

Shall I jab a shard of glass in my left eye or the right??

Kolb is a legitimate starter...Fitz was a legit starter (he was ranked in the middle in QB rating)...but these guys are both bandaids until the Messiah (Manziel) arrives next year.

I personally think that Kolb has a better arm then Fitz

Kolb has a much better arm then Fitz and doesn't have to jerk his entire body just to throw it 10 yards

Kolb just hasn't been able to stay healthy

There is a lot more to comparing players then just their stats as well

Edited by Max997

I didn't just compare stats. I took Arizona's line into consideration. In those stats are also a bunch of starts with Andy Reid calling the plays.

I agree with what appears to be the consensus...stop gap guy, will be interesting to see how he does with a better O-line and new coaching staff, but much worse WR's...

The similarities between the two are eerie.

For example:

Both Kolb and Fitz are 4-letters long.

Kolb played for Arizona, Fitz lived in Arizona.

Fitz's nickname is "The Amish Rifle," Kolb once bought a rifle from the Amish.

Kolb killed a boar by stabbing it in the heart (true story) while Fitz bored the heart out of Bills' fans for the past 2 years.

Fitz was a 7th rd pick, Kolb once threw 7 picks in one game (may or may not be true).

Both men have spouses named after singing stars - Liza for Fitz, Whitney for Kolb.

Fitz went to Harvard, an ivy league school, as a child, Kolb had ivy growing on his school.

It is clear that Fitz=Kolb and Kolb=Fitz.

Spooky...

The similarities between the two are eerie.

For example:

Both Kolb and Fitz are 4-letters long.

Kolb played for Arizona, Fitz lived in Arizona.

Fitz's nickname is "The Amish Rifle," Kolb once bought a rifle from the Amish.

Kolb killed a boar by stabbing it in the heart (true story) while Fitz bored the heart out of Bills' fans for the past 2 years.

Fitz was a 7th rd pick, Kolb once threw 7 picks in one game (may or may not be true).

Both men have spouses named after singing stars - Liza for Fitz, Whitney for Kolb.

Fitz went to Harvard, an ivy league school, as a child, Kolb had ivy growing on his school.

It is clear that Fitz=Kolb and Kolb=Fitz.

Spooky...

Welcome back Crayons! :thumbsup:

kolb likely isnt going to be worlds different. or he wouldnt be a cheap, free agent, stopgap/plan b (hopefully) option.

he might be a little better... hes certainly a lot cheaper... and sometimes, you just have to turn the page even if you dont gain a ton by doing so.

Is he really cheaper when you factor in the $10 million we have to pay Fitz this year for not playing for us? He'd better be a significant upgrade to justify the overall cost of this move.