Steve Johnson's interesting tweet.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some folks may look at this as a joke and nothing more,

but how does another country and its people view what Stevie Johnson just tweeted to the whole world?

Are we going to explain in every language its just a joke?

Where was your outrage over Dennis Rodman??? What he said and did was far more egregious than some joke tweet by SJ. Good God, get over yourself and move on already.

I doubt he's paying any attention to it at all, or cares in the least.

It's a non-issue...the guy cracked a joke about a current event and a rival opponent.

Let's move on.

If a guy shows up ten minutes late to work...it's a non-issue. If he takes a 90 minute lunch one day, it's a non-issue.

If he does these things repeatedly, it's an issue.

Stevie pulls this crap repeatedly.

Where was your outrage over Dennis Rodman??? What he said and did was far more egregious than some joke tweet by SJ. Good God, get over yourself and move on already.

Dennis Rodman is not one of my favorite players for the Buffalo Bills,

SJ is...

I nominate this .500 Stevie-line for the worst statement made in 2013. Stevie's ones of possibly 6 positions on this team that is not an issue. Sounds like your Stevie vendetta was waiting for a headline. Get em.....

Can we start a 'dumbest posts' or 'dumbest threads' topic? Everyone can nominate their favorites and we vote each month for the best. Then we can do a yearly poll to rank them.

Dennis Rodman is not one of my favorite players for the Buffalo Bills,

SJ is...

And your concern seems to be far less about the Bills than your perceived 'insensitivity' to bombing on SJ's part and the impact of his tweet on the world for those who don't speak English. SJ bothers you but Rodman doesn't...based on your 'offended' sensibilities, you come off as a hypocrite.

Can we start a 'dumbest posts' or 'dumbest threads' topic? Everyone can nominate their favorites and we vote each month for the best. Then we can do a yearly poll to rank them.

Uh, won't that indirectly incentivize stupidity for some? It will be like Jersey Shore or The Real Housewives of (Pick a city), reinforcing bad behavior through recognition.

Some folks may look at this as a joke and nothing more,

but how does another country and its people view what Stevie Johnson just tweeted to the whole world?

Are we going to explain in every language its just a joke?

I'm sure the good citizens of the DPRK would be pissed with SJ if only they had twitter, internet access, freedom of speech and sufficient caloric intake to muster anger.

And your concern seems to be far less about the Bills than your perceived 'insensitivity' to bombing on SJ's part and the impact of his tweet on the world for those who don't speak English. SJ bothers you but Rodman doesn't...based on your 'offended' sensibilities, you come off as a hypocrite.

Honestly, I don't pay attention to anything Dennis Rodman says

The point I'm making is people are going to take things out of context. The bigger the language barrier the more distorted the message becomes.

Edited by dog14787

I'm sure the good citizens of the DPRK would be pissed with SJ if only they had twitter, internet access, freedom of speech and sufficient caloric intake to muster anger.

In addition to the ability to understand the English language (which I'm sure some do) and some reason to care where Foxboro, MA even is.

"Why so serious"

"Happy New Years"

why work out in the off season.

making fun of war and bombing an American city.

This is all fun and funny if you are winning. But Stevie you have proven to be a mediocre reciever an on a very poor team. How bout positng something that is not controversial and good for the team. How bout being a leader (you are certainly overcompensated for it).

It will be interesting to see if Marrone actually has the testicals to deal with this jackass. Again, as long as this guy is on the team they will be under .500.

And btw the tweet is a subtle admission that you (Stevie) feel that this team cannot beat the Pats- what a funny boy- "why so serious", because year after year we support this team and the team fails to deliver. So yes, you should be serious and you should understand that if you were on most other teams your behavior would not be tolerated. Seriously, what a loser this guy is.

Just figured out where I know you from. You're "that guy."

You know... that guy who writes up his neighbors to the hoa for skipping a week cutting their grass;

That guy who complains that coworkers are talking too loudly on their break.

In high school you were a hall monitor and in college campus police. The tweet may or may not have been funny but you just had to pontificate. Thanks for your opinion "that guy"

Edited by ndirish1978

Speaking of bombing anything...

If Obama says this, it's a real world issue...

If the Secretary of Defense says this, it's a real world issue...

If a Senior Military Official says this, it's a real world issue...

If Stevie Johnson says anything about bombing anything (esp in a joking manner)... its a COMPLETE and TOTAL NON-ISSUE!

Go read every Twiiter account out there and criticize EVERYTHING that is said by EVERYONE before you throw SJ under the bus. Do you know how many people call for Brady's or Belicheats head on a stake in the parking lot before a game against the Pats? Damn people, you're some sensitive (as Thurman would say it) Mofo's!

Honestly, I don't pay attention to anything Dennis Rodman says

Fair enough. Has Stevie done some stupid things since being drafted by the Bills? Yes. Would I like some of it to stop? Yes. Was his tweet earth-shattering or important in the grand scheme of things? No. He's an athlete, not a world leader. Time to move on...

Might as well give a rookie a chance or tjax a chance. Not Kolb. Honestly kolb supporters really need to look at his stats. Even in his year prior to going to arizona, his numbers were BARELY average. At his freaking best, he sucked!!!!!

Screw him. Counting the days he leaves buffalo.

I even prefer a bad qb turned wr Brad Smith as our qb. That's how bad I want kolb outta here.

I don't think there is anyone on earth (except for Kevin Kolb's mother) who is locking him in as the Bills starter for any lenth of time and/or expecting great thngs from him. My thinking is that he has potential to be decent when he is healthy. Why not bring him in and let him compete with TJax and a rookie. Whomever wins the job is camp is the starter for the short term with the long term goal of having the rookie take over when he is ready. Maybe we get lucky and Kolb grabs the job and kicks ass. More likely, he performs OK for 6 weeks and then gets injured. Either way, I think it is worth a shot.

As far as wanting Brad Smith to be in the QB competition, I think that is just silly. He is not an NFL QB (nor is he a viable NFL WR, but that's another discussion).

As far as wanting Brad Smith to be in the QB competition, I think that is just silly. He is not an NFL QB (nor is he a viable NFL WR, but that's another discussion).

Brad Smith is not a full time NFL QB or even a back-up QB, and never should be thought of one. A 3rd QB or emergency QB he is fine.

I would not doubt, however, that Marrone and Hackett devise a package for him to play QB for a series or two, and run some type of Read Option/Wildcat with Spiller and maybe Fred together that mostly ran, but threw it maybe 20% of the time. That is where, IMO, he could be very effective. Chan really blew it with Smith.

Hey, my only point is that this is a team sport, and Stevie "why so serious, happy new year, i dont work out" Johnson has consistently put himself before the team. This team rewarded him with a large contract, when frankly, his behavior would have made it difficult for him to find a job in this league. Talent or no talent, good teams would not have put up with his on field antics. Could you imagine what a guy like Coher, Parcells, Shanahan, Coughlin, either Harbaugh, would have done to this knucklehead if he had pulled that crap.

Now, he got his money, and with that comes being a team leader. A team leader does not make foolish statement (and before anyone gets all wound up- I agree it was a feeble attempt at humor) when the team is in a constant state of rebuilding. FOLKS lets be honest, this team sucks and has for the last decade plus. That should be his mindset,not offending oppents who have beaten us like bad kids and sent us to bed with no supper.

Do you know how stupid this behavior is outside of Buffalo fans.

And yes, I agree that he is only one player, but he is the team leader and reflects the team mentality. So yes, I stick by my statement, that this team will never be better than a .500 team with this guy on it.

This is why I dont follow Twitter. Not because of the stuff people write, or should I say "tweet", but because of the ridiculous reactions and importance that some people place on what was tweeted. Good grief!