Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said ,most Bills fans not in the Western N.Y., Syracuse area do not like him. Most is the key word. Mayock has him ranked as the 5th best QB in a weak class. These posters also think NO other QB can learn this west coast system. I remember alot of posters early last year wanting us to draft Barkley and Landry Jones ,Wilson last year. Now The cuse has a above average year, and Nassib is the Savior.The pinstripe Bowl,which his stats were pedestrian. Whatever.

So what your saying is the people that probably know Nassib the best because they've been watching him the most don't have a clue.

Lucky for Bills fans Buddy Nix knows Ryan Nassib well, he knows his coaching staff well, and I'm willing to bet he knows a good thing when he see's it.

So sorry Charlie, all the crying and whinning on TBD isn't going to change the outcome... :P

If Nassib is so GREAT and Marrone is so GREAT, why is it that Nassib is not considered a GREAT top 10 prospect by anyone on this planet not named Russ Lande? This is a question that no one wants to answer here in this thread. That's because the logical answer is that one of the two are not that great.

Greg Cosell is highly regarded and he has Nassib as the top QB. Ron Jaworski, who does a ton of film study, came out with Nassib as #2 behind Geno after doing the work on him. Mayock thinks he will be drafted in the first round.

The issue, however, is the fact that the Bills are "THOUGHT" to have to take a QB in the first round by a bunch of pundits and a bunch of fans. That is where the Nassib at #8 comes from. It doesn't mean he is good enough to be rated the 8th best player in the draft, only that if the Bills like him the most, because of the offense they want to run, they may have to take him at 8 because he is not going to be there at 41, and there is too much uncertainty about other teams plans to count on being able to trade up or trade down to get him anywhere near where you have him rated, which is likely in the 20-30 range.

So what your saying is the people that probably know Nassib the best because they've been watching him the most don't have a clue.

Lucky for Bills fans Buddy Nix knows Ryan Nassib well, he knows his coaching staff well, and I'm willing to bet he knows a good thing when he see's it.

Oh, you know it, brother. I mean, see: Wilson, Russell; Kaepernick, Colin; even Dalton, Andy (Nassib's ceiling IMO -- good luck with that sans AJ Green). If Nix was waiting all this time for Ryan Nassib, God help us.

Like I said ,most Bills fans not in the Western N.Y., Syracuse area do not like him. Most is the key word. Mayock has him ranked as the 5th best QB in a weak class. These posters also think NO other QB can learn this west coast system. I remember alot of posters early last year wanting us to draft Barkley and Landry Jones ,Wilson last year. Now The cuse has a above average year, and Nassib is the Savior.The pinstripe Bowl,which his stats were pedestrian. Whatever.

i am a bills fan in the wny area and admittedly, i don't know a lot about any of the qbs coming out this year. what i do know is that the bills need a qb right now. nassib has his flaws, as i'm sure all of the qbs coming out this year have, but from everything i've heard and the little bit i've seen of him, i think he is a risk worth taking. he seems to have enough talent on the field combined with a lot of the things you want in a qb off the field. in the end, the choice is not mine to make and i will stand and cheer for whoever lines up behind center wearing the bills' colors. but i like nassib, and kinda hope that he is the guy.

I agree with this take...But I also think there is so much incredibly lazy national media out there just simply connecting the Syracuse dots that it helps the Nassib-to-Buffalo fever...

This is most definitely a strange QB Draft overall...And I think that because no QB outside of Geno Smith has really separated themselves from the pack, it's easy for folks to assume the Bills will go with the devil they know so-to-speak...I've felt all along that you have at least 6 other QB's (EJ Manuel, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Matt Scott, Mike Glennon, Tyler Bray) with very similar grades to Nassib, depending on who is grading them...And it's hard to believe that an NFL Scouting Dept is not going to like one or two of those QB's more than Nassib...

I'm not 100% against Nassib either...There are a few Scouts out there who think he's the #1 rated QB prospect in this entire Draft, and that's impossible to ignore...I just worry about his upside (and I think other QB's in this Draft like EJ Manuel have far more upside), and I definitely don't think he's worthy of the #8 overall pick...Though I have to admit, if they do pick him at #8 I'll be optimistic...at least for a bit...Because regardless of how I see this QB class I do think it's still the Bills #1 need by far...So if they think he's the guy, then so be it...They just need to be right about it... B-)

Football people know, and Buddy has stated several times. When you're picking top ten, you'd better get a pro bowler. So, it won't be Nassib.

Look at the available draftees and say to yourself, who will be a pro bowler? We'll get one of those guys regardless of immediate "need".

Well...As the Bills GM Buddy has picked 3 top 10 players (Spiller, Dareus, and Gilmore) so far who have played a collective 6 NFL seasons...And those 3 have a combined one Pro Bowl appearance...And that was as an alternate...

So...Buddy says a lot of things...Most of which never come true, or are completely wrong...

Just saying... B-)

Oh, you know it, brother. I mean, see: Wilson, Russell; Kaepernick, Colin; even Dalton, Andy (Nassib's ceiling IMO -- good luck with that sans AJ Green). If Nix was waiting all this time for Ryan Nassib, God help us.

The Bills also had a HC that refused to bring in anyone that would undermind Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Chan Gaileys gone now...

Well...As the Bills GM Buddy has picked 3 top 10 players (Spiller, Dareus, and Gilmore) so far who have played a collective 6 NFL seasons...And those 3 have a combined one Pro Bowl appearance...And that was as an alternate...

So...Buddy says a lot of things...Most of which never come true, or are completely wrong...

Just saying... B-)

All three of those guys are going to the Pro Bowl in their careers. I would bet anything on it.

The Bills also had a HC that refused to bring in anyone that would undermind Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Chan Gaileys gone now...

Chan loved Fitz, and that led Buddy astray a bit no question...But to say Chan refused to bring in another QB is overstating the situation completely...First of all, it was not Chan's say...It was Buddy's...Chan's take on Fitz had influence no question...But in the end it was Buddy's call period...End of story...Chan Gailey was on record saying Colin Kaepernick was the future of QB's in the NFL...You really think, knowing he said that, Gailey would have tried to block bringing a kid like Kaepernick in? Gailey was loyal to a fault to Fitz, his play calling and game planning were poor at times, but he was not an idiot...He did not refuse anything...Buddy refused to Draft one...That's it... B-)

Chan Gaileys gone now...

So the front office kowtowed to a milquetoast head coach, and this same front office is supposed to inspire confidence in their next QB choice? And they are in a conspiracy with their next QB to keep him looking MOR so that he is available at their draft position. Keep firing. :wacko:

All three of those guys are going to the Pro Bowl in their careers. I would bet anything on it.

We'll see...I'm not so convinced, especially concerning Dareus and Gilmore...But I don't dislike any of the 3 necessarily...I just don't think they are slam-dunk Pro Bowlers either...

But my point was more about the garbage Buddy spews...Buddy says a lot of things...Then they mostly don't come true... B-)

We'll see...I'm not so convinced, especially concerning Dareus and Gilmore...But I don't dislike any of the 3 necessarily...I just don't think they are slam-dunk Pro Bowlers either...

But my point was more about the garbage Buddy spews...Buddy says a lot of things...Then they mostly don't come true... B-)

The bold part is true of everyone, especially NFL GMs.

Gilmore is an absolute stud and lock to be a Pro Bowler, IMO. I wouldn't doubt if it were this year. Dareus is the only one I have doubts on, but I am hoping that last year with all his problems was an aberration and not a derailing of a promising career.