Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

One thing I thought of today, after seeing that Marrone had gone on all the private workouts with the QBs, and has probably spent a good deal of time watching film on them as he prepares for the draft, was that he probably doesn't know exactly what he thinks about Ryan Nassib as a potential draft pick of the Bills until he sees all the other guys up close and can compare a lot of stuff.

Sure, he watched some tape of Geno and Barkley while preparing for them to play Syracuse, and sure he knows all kinds of things about Nassib that won't change watching other guys... but... he could easily come away from watching tape and meeting QBs and seeing them in person that this guy may be better. And like he said about coaches that he worked with over the years that he could have brought on his staff "I didn't hire a lot of them", or something to that affect.

Marrone was with the Saints, he knows what an elite, Superbowl winning QB looks like up close. If he doesn't know about Nassib after four years spent with him, then he needs a new profession.

My guess is that due to his unathletic qualities and average arm strength, Marrone knows Nassib is at best a career backup.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he sucks and only marrone will want him.

maybe he will suck on purpose knowing that the Bills will take him in the 2nd. that would work out for everyone involved. Nassib gets an easy transition with his college coach and coordinator there and the Bills get their guy without having to move up in the 2nd round Edited by kdiggz

maybe he will suck on purpose knowing that the Bills will take him in the 2nd. that would work out for everyone involved. Nassib gets an easy transition with his college coach and coordinator there and the Bills get their guy without having to move up in the 2nd round

Nassib gets an A+ for sucking on purpose in the Senior Bowl.

Seriously though, how weak and feeble minded would a guy have to be to go to that extent to be back with his college head coach. Also, why would any self respecting Bills fan want a guy who did that?

Nassib gets an A+ for sucking on purpose in the Senior Bowl.

Seriously though, how weak and feeble minded would a guy have to be to go to that extent to be back with his college head coach. Also, why would any self respecting Bills fan want a guy who did that?

It's just a job interview not the Super Bowl

Oh, give me a break! If Marrone thinks he can pass off this college sytsem QB as a legit NFL starter, he's got another thing comin'. He's a statue. He's inaccurate. He is NOT a leader. Pump up the guns all you want, son. I've seen the body of work, and I'm not impressedThis kid is going to get pummeled like the red-headed backup that he is.

Yah, I said it... 5th round... IN LAST YEARS DRAFT. -You didn't read my entire post, you skimmed through it like you skimmed through Ryan Nassib's career. The trouble is that now you've formed a very incomplete opinion on his readiness for the pro's.

Hey, I almost don't care who Buddy Chooses at 8... I'd like it to be Ansah, or BPA, but since Buddy excels at locating fool's gold while letting tremendous opportunities slip away, I'm not holding out much hope.

Believe it or not, a part of me hopes you get your guy. At least then you'll be able to see how big of a scrub he is. GO BILLS!

Whatever. I think you are way too emmotional to form an objective opinion on Nassib. I mean... you're just throwing stuff out there with nothing to back it up. Just the 5th round comment should have been my clue. Guess you've got some axe to grind with Marrone and Syracuse. Have at it.

Oh, give me a break! If Marrone thinks he can pass off this college sytsem QB as a legit NFL starter, he's got another thing comin'. He's a statue. He's inaccurate. He is NOT a leader. Pump up the guns all you want, son. I've seen the body of work, and I'm not impressedThis kid is going to get pummeled like the red-headed backup that he is.

Yah, I said it... 5th round... IN LAST YEARS DRAFT. -You didn't read my entire post, you skimmed through it like you skimmed through Ryan Nassib's career. The trouble is that now you've formed a very incomplete opinion on his readiness for the pro's.

Hey, I almost don't care who Buddy Chooses at 8... I'd like it to be Ansah, or BPA, but since Buddy excels at locating fool's gold while letting tremendous opportunities slip away, I'm not holding out much hope.

Believe it or not, a part of me hopes you get your guy. At least then you'll be able to see how big of a scrub he is. GO BILLS!

You're like a comedian. But an unfunny one.

maybe he will suck on purpose knowing that the Bills will take him in the 2nd. that would work out for everyone involved. Nassib gets an easy transition with his college coach and coordinator there and the Bills get their guy without having to move up in the 2nd round

He'll suck on purpose?

Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love it if we caught a franchise QB.

Unfortunately, the odds of pulling one from this years rookie class seem long.

One of the lessons I take away from teams like SF and SEA, is that sometimes the stud signal-caller is the very last piece to fall into place.

I'd rather be ready to go at every other position, than to dive at shadows.

Calling him a scrub is a little harsh, but I really don't see how Nassib is more than a Day 3 pick.

There's so many glaring flaws with him. He shies from every hit, he is not going to sit in the pocket and make throws. He has no mobility in the pocket. He does that weird like half-pump before any throw with effort that tips off his passes, and will lead to increased fumble chances. And it's not like he's an extraordinarily strong and accurate passer with time, either.

With Nassib and Glennon, I think "experts" are throwing darts at the wall and hoping their correct.

E.J. Manuel and Tyler Wilson are better pro prospects. Both have booming arms, great field vision, and wheels to extend/make plays. I don't care if Ryan Nassib is a "gym rat", -He's a lousy athlete. Granted, I'm not crazy about any of these kids, but with a gun to my head, I take E.J. -and If he's gone, then Tyler (small hands and all)

Ryan Nassib lacks the BASIC tools needed to prevail at the next level. One day, if he really works at it, I think he'll make a serviceable backup in the NFL.

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Breese, Eli Manning - no wheels and solid but not booming arms. Jay Cutler has a booming arm, but he hasnt won much of anything. Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb - wheels and strong arms but no superbowls. Granted, Nassib has not had the college career any of the afore mentioned had.

That said, I like EJ over Geno or Barkley.

I don't think that Nassib will be available at #41 when the Bills pick in the second round, and if we want him we would have to move up (unless we take him at #8, which I doubt but is possible). So here is more grist for the mill...

The Jets scouted Nassib "aggressively" at Syracuse last season and spent extra time with him at his Pro Day workout. Greg Cosell's No. 1 draft-eligible quarterback isn't a real candidate to come off the board at No. 11 overall, but the Jets do own the eighth pick in the second round-- two spots ahead of the Bills and Nassib's former coach, Doug Marrone.

RN is better than people who don't like him give him credit for. Cuse had a lot of garbage at the skill positions. At the same time, he's the safe choice IMO. I think his upside is andy Dalton, at best & I'm not sure he is even that good. I'm suck of being safe. Go big (Smith, Barkley, Manuel or go home).

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Breese, Eli Manning - no wheels and solid but not booming arms. Jay Cutler has a booming arm, but he hasnt won much of anything. Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb - wheels and strong arms but no superbowls. Granted, Nassib has not had the college career any of the afore mentioned had.

That said, I like EJ over Geno or Barkley.

Actually.. Nassib set many single season records during his time with the Orange.. The same school McNabb played for...