Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan loved Fitz, and that led Buddy astray a bit no question...But to say Chan refused to bring in another QB is overstating the situation completely...First of all, it was not Chan's say...It was Buddy's...Chan's take on Fitz had influence no question...But in the end it was Buddy's call period...End of story...Chan Gailey was on record saying Colin Kaepernick was the future of QB's in the NFL...You really think, knowing he said that, Gailey would have tried to block bringing a kid like Kaepernick in? Gailey was loyal to a fault to Fitz, his play calling and game planning were poor at times, but he was not an idiot...He did not refuse anything...Buddy refused to Draft one...That's it... B-)

Refused is probably a poor choice of words, strongly suggested to avoid QB controversy is probably more like it.

I argued with good Bills fans about the very same thing and many loyal fans did not want a QB controversy.

So the front office kowtowed to a milquetoast head coach, and this same front office is supposed to inspire confidence in their next QB choice? And they are in a conspiracy with their next QB to keep him looking MOR so that he is available at their draft position. Keep firing. :wacko:

So you don't think HC's have any say so in who they draft, or bring in through FA?

So you don't think HC's have any say so in who they draft, or bring in through FA?

If Chan didn't want anyone to compete with Fitz and held a lot of sway over who they drafted or signed, Nix never would have signed Vince Young or traded a draft pick for TJax. Thigpen was Chan's guy.

If Chan didn't want anyone to compete with Fitz and held a lot of sway over who they drafted or signed, Nix never would have signed Vince Young or traded a draft pick for TJax. Thigpen was Chan's guy.

We really don't know If Gailey ever wanted anything to do with VY.

In my opinion Gailey didn't want VY here, and brought TJ in to silence the critics when VY won the backup job and got sent packing regardless.

We really don't know If Gailey ever wanted anything to do with VY.

In my opinion Gailey didn't want VY here, and brought TJ in to silence the critics when VY won the backup job and got sent packing regardless.

Which proves your own point wrong. ;) That Chan has clout over who they draft/sign in FA and didn't want competition for Fitz.

And VY was absolutely horrible, was awarded the back-up job and promptly lost it by glaring sucktitude.

The bold part is true of everyone, especially NFL GMs.

Gilmore is an absolute stud and lock to be a Pro Bowler, IMO. I wouldn't doubt if it were this year. Dareus is the only one I have doubts on, but I am hoping that last year with all his problems was an aberration and not a derailing of a promising career.

Well...I certainly hope you're right...I'd like nothing better... :thumbsup:

Which proves your own point wrong. ;) That Chan has clout over who they draft/sign in FA and didn't want competition for Fitz.

And VY was absolutely horrible, was awarded the back-up job and promptly lost it by glaring sucktitude.

Your opinion, not mine, and just because Nix brought him in, doesn't mean Gailey agreed with it,

If thats the case then Fitz's suckitude that same day should have sent him packing.

It was a set up, Vince was never even supposed to play that day, it was supposed to be Tyler Thigpens last shot

Edited by dog14787

Well...I certainly hope you're right...I'd like nothing better... :thumbsup:

It's all just opinion and I respect yours. Frankly, I don't see how people watched Gilmore closely and don't think he is going to be just a terrific player. He got called for a bunch of ticky-tack penalties last year that will never be called when he gets a reputation, but I thought it was clear as day he is hugely talented player.

Not sure if you saw this in another thread but this NFL.com writer listed Gilmore as the most likely future Pro Bowler of all rookies. Didn't give up a TD after week 5. Only two guys, Reggie Wayne and Sidney Rice gained over 50 yards against him once Wanny started putting him on the top WR. And this is on a terrible D with no pass rush and no help and a crappy offense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158901/article/five-future-pro-bowlers-from-the-2012-nfl-draft

Your opinion, not mine, and just because Nix brought him in, doesn't mean Gailey agreed with it,

If thats the case then Fitz's suckitude that same day should have sent him packing.

It was a set up, Vince was never even supposed to play that day, it was supposed to be Tyler Thigpens last shot

YOU said that Chan has clout over who they signed in FA and that they signed VY against Chan's will. That's the definition of your own thesis being wrong. :wallbash:

If Nassib is so GREAT and Marrone is so GREAT, why is it that Nassib is not considered a GREAT top 10 prospect by anyone on this planet not named Russ Lande? .

Thanks. It's always good to have a post like this to remind me why I shouldn't spend so much time on TSW...

Define "we."

:)

i'm ignoring the fact that this is indeed a rhetorical statement.

"we" has a cascading effect.

firstly, there are the "we" that actually want the bills to draft a qb at 8.

secondly, there are the "we" that want nassib at 8.

thirdly, there are the "we" that just want the draft to get here so we can talk about what our team is shaking up to be.

and lastly, the "we" that are just chomping at the bit to B word about drafting nassib, especially "reaching" for him at 8. :nana:

The bold part is true of everyone, especially NFL GMs.

Gilmore is an absolute stud and lock to be a Pro Bowler, IMO. I wouldn't doubt if it were this year. Dareus is the only one I have doubts on, but I am hoping that last year with all his problems was an aberration and not a derailing of a promising career.

Gilmore was definitely one of the top 3 players on the defensive team last year. Personally either he or Byrd were top two and traded off impact from one game to the next.

It's all just opinion and I respect yours. Frankly, I don't see how people watched Gilmore closely and don't think he is going to be just a terrific player. He got called for a bunch of ticky-tack penalties last year that will never be called when he gets a reputation, but I thought it was clear as day he is hugely talented player.

Not sure if you saw this in another thread but this NFL.com writer listed Gilmore as the most likely future Pro Bowler of all rookies. Didn't give up a TD after week 5. Only two guys, Reggie Wayne and Sidney Rice gained over 50 yards against him once Wanny started putting him on the top WR. And this is on a terrible D with no pass rush and no help and a crappy offense.

http://www.nfl.com/n...-2012-nfl-draft

YOU said that Chan has clout over who they signed in FA and that they signed VY against Chan's will. That's the definition of your own thesis being wrong. :wallbash:

My head is absolutely spinning.

I believe I asked the question don't you think a HC has any part of the decision which he does,

lol, sorry If that confuses you guys

Greg Cosell is highly regarded and he has Nassib as the top QB. Ron Jaworski, who does a ton of film study, came out with Nassib as #2 behind Geno after doing the work on him. Mayock thinks he will be drafted in the first round.

The issue, however, is the fact that the Bills are "THOUGHT" to have to take a QB in the first round by a bunch of pundits and a bunch of fans. That is where the Nassib at #8 comes from. It doesn't mean he is good enough to be rated the 8th best player in the draft, only that if the Bills like him the most, because of the offense they want to run, they may have to take him at 8 because he is not going to be there at 41, and there is too much uncertainty about other teams plans to count on being able to trade up or trade down to get him anywhere near where you have him rated, which is likely in the 20-30 range.

How soon Bills fans forget…

http://www.draftcoun...ctices/Game.php

"Manuel was clearly the top quarterback today, making an impact as a passer and runner. Manuel completed 7 of 10 attempts included a gorgeous touchdown to Alabama TE Michael Williams in the first quarter. There is no denying Manuel’s physical tools and talent but consistency has been the issue. However, this game offered a glimpse of just how dangerous Manuel can be and scouts will surely take notice."

"Nassib was even worse, throwing a bad interception, fumbling the ball and completing just four of ten attempts. You don’t want to read too much into one exhibition game but it would be hard to justify taking either Glennon or Nassib in round one based on how they played in the 2013 Senior Bowl. Don’t be surprised if some team does though, most likely out of sheer desperation. BUYER BEWARE!"

I sense that the closer this draft gets, the more Bills fans are ok with Nassib at #8. Must be willful blindness. The media is seeming to be promoting this storyline also, even though there seems to be no real interest in Nassib other than the Bills. There's something very strange with this Marrone/Nassib/Hackett connection. You'd think Syracuse was in multiple BCS bowl games. Yet Bills fans are ok with banking on the notion that these "big three" who had decent success in the Big East are ALL heading for NFL greatness?

If the Bills do draft the slow footed, unathletic, average arm Ryan Nassib at #8 over EJ Manuel, the Buffalo Bill franchise will deserve the curse that the football gods would likely lay down on upon them.

Edited by 1billsfan