Nick Barnett "back with Bills" tweet

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick Barnett just tweeted that he is back on the Bills. Is he back or was his tweet an April Fools joke?

I don't think he'd joke. My guess is they wanted him, just not at the money they were paying ($3 million/2 years). He tested the FA waters, drew no interest.

Does anyone else think Chris Brown and the Bills site are very lame this year? Entries like "Choice says he's back with the Bills". WTF, man, you work for the Bills! Get the info from the organization and post "Bills resign Choice".

Edited by Hopeful

I don't think he'd joke. My guess is they wanted him, just not at the money they were paying. He tested the FA waters, drew no interest.

Does anyone else think Chris Brown and the Bills site are very lame this year? Entries like "Choice says he's back with the Bills". WTF, man, you work for the Bills! Get the info from the organization and post "Bills resign Choice".

does sound legit

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

hard to trust anything today. But if it were true Id like it. Thought he was the only legit LB we had last year. Not sure why so much venom was directed at him when it was the others who werent pulling their weight

He wasn't good last year, Joe. But he was also playing out of position. He spent his entire career in the NFL as a middle linebacker and last year was asked for the 1st time as a pro to play outside and cover in space, which he hadn't done since college. If the Bills put him back in the middle, or even if he's there as quality depth, I would like to see what he's still got.

If the tweet is actually from his account then it has to be legit. There's no way Nick would joke about something like that with his NFL career hanging in the balance. I don't think the Bills or any other NFL team would see the humor.

Not buying it unless I see an announcement from OBD.

hard to trust anything today. But if it were true Id like it. Thought he was the only legit LB we had last year. Not sure why so much venom was directed at him when it was the others who werent pulling their weight

I was a Barnett fan UNTIL last year. I thought he played well in 2011, but I truly believe he was by FAR our worst LB on the team in 2012. His strength was always speed and quickness throughout his career, and last year he had very little of either. Let's face it, he's getting older. Without speed and quickness he is just an old undersized LB.

I'm assuming they signed him for the vet minimum, or close to it (if this is true). So I'm ok with the move for depth. Maybe Pettine can make better use of him.

So our big off season signings/pickups are Barnett, Tjax and Choice? Sweet!

Don't forget about the glorious Kevin Kolb....

I did like the Lawson pick up though.

pffffttttt...The sound of the last of credibility being released from Nick Barnett's NFL career.

haha so funny. what a moron. now i know why nobody wants to sign him.

i have a joke for you, barnett: your NFL career is over. actually, it's not a joke...

Where's all this anger coming from? Were you guys molested by an April Fool's prankster?