Fred Davis FA TE has dinner with Bills brass

Scott_36

@AdamSchefter: Redskins TE Fred Davis dined last night in Washington with Bills HC Doug Marrone, GM Buddy Nix, Doug Whaley and other Bills officials.

This would be a good move if we can sign him. If healthy he has some upside

Edited by Scott_36

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw from Adam Schefter's last tweet that Doug Marrone, buddy nix and Doug Whaley where all in Washington last night having dinner with the guy. He was good last year before an Achilles injury but wouldn't mind bringing him in if he were cheap.

$5.4 million last year , Davis tore his Achilles tendon in game 7. I would vote no

A) why does it matter how much he made in DC? More power to the guy.

B - he's a better receiver than blocker. His 13.5 yards a catch was top 10 at the position in the NFL last season. He's also one of the more elusive tight ends, ranking in top 15 in tackles missed.

Yes, those are stats, and unless you watch him, these probably wont change your opinion, but these stats I think carry more weight than a 24 reception, 325 receiving yard stat line in 7 games, tho he did have a 59, catch 796 yards with John Beck and Rex Grossman throwing the football.

I know its a good move and I would be happy about it, but I'm not too ecstatic about it... Maybe its cuz I just woke up or maybe It's cuz I'm wondering who the Hell will throw him the damn football... I would much rather fix holes in the defense through FA at this point but I definitely won't be upset with acquiring Fred Davis...

Just saw from Adam Schefter's last tweet that Doug Marrone, buddy nix and Doug Whaley where all in Washington last night having dinner with the guy. He was good last year before an Achilles injury but wouldn't mind bringing him in if he were cheap.

He would be a very solid mid level pick up as long as we dont over pay and keep deal 2 , MAX 3 yr (hopefully the 3rd being a team option). Would fit in nicely assuming he and Chandler are healthy. 2 very different style TE's. Chandler has decent hands along with great size but YAC is not a forte of his. Davis has more speed and considering how so many TE;s are split out nowadays, he suits that role nicely.

Signing up as well as a WR would be excellent news prior to draft and keep our options alot more opened coming draft day.