Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma

Watch all the other games he's played. Oklahoma has had no defense. I'm serious. Might change your mind. All I'm saying is that Buffalo needs a QB. And if they want one out of this draft class, then they have to look deep because there is no "give me's" in this one. Just look at his opponents that he shredded vs. everyone else.

Just my opinion.

Go Bills!

Just my opinion, but daughter goes to OU and I've seen many games (most) and attended several. I wouldn't want to see the Bills spend higher than a #4 on him. I assume that we'll see either a round 1 or 2 QB then late rounds or UFA and Landry doesn't fit into either of those categories. IMO he isn't round 1 or 2 material and he won't be there in the late rounds. I could be wrong, and if he ends up in Buffalo I hope I am, but I don't see Sunday success for him.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't say he won't amount to anything in the pros, but I highly doubt it. For some reason (probably because I'm a Bills fan), I can just spot college QBs who will be terrible in the pros. I get the scent with Jimmy Clausen and Blaine Gabbert. Jones reeks of that. Oklahoma may be the most QB friendly system in college. The best one, Bradford, might not be better than Fitz. Plus, Jones looks like Holcomb. I would avoid him unless it's the 6th or later.

I won't say he won't amount to anything in the pros, but I highly doubt it. For some reason (probably because I'm a Bills fan), I can just spot college QBs who will be terrible in the pros. I get the scent with Jimmy Clausen and Blaine Gabbert. Jones reeks of that. Oklahoma may be the most QB friendly system in college. The best one, Bradford, might not be better than Fitz. Plus, Jones looks like Holcomb. I would avoid him unless it's the 6th or later.

So that means when Philly takes Geno, Nix panics and takes Jones #8.

"Be thankful for it is impossible to worship God without thankfulness." - Landry Jones (twitter)

i feel like that guy sitting with the little kids at the table for the at&t commercial, where he goes.. "mm, what?" at the end of the girl's werewolf spiel. i'll pass on this guy... he and Glennon are ones I want no part of. i mean come one.. his first pro day pass was a duck. said maybe it was nerves. can't wait to see how nervous he'll be in an NFL game.

Edited by Brainiac21

So that means when Philly takes Geno, Nix panics and takes Jones #8.

And I'll somehow defend because I have to be some damn positive. :nana: But I'm on the record as wanting no part of Jones.

"Be thankful for it is impossible to worship God without thankfulness." - Landry Jones (twitter)

i feel like that guy sitting with the little kids at the table for the at&t commercial, where he goes.. "mm, what?" at the end of the girl's werewolf spiel. i'll pass on this guy... he and Glennon are ones I want no part of. i mean come one.. his first pro day pass was a duck. said maybe it was nerves. can't wait to see how nervous he'll be in an NFL game.

I love the one where the kid wiggles his arm and head at the same time.

And I'll somehow defend because I have to be some damn positive. :nana: But I'm on the record as wanting no part of Jones.

The way I see it the Bills will draft some QB unless they manage to get one in FA before then.

So that means I will have to make at least a couple training camps this season because I will not have seen any of the QB's in camp before!

Not a big Landry Jones fan...Always seemed to be something missing when I saw him play...I think he's somewhere in the 3rd tier of QB's in this Draft...For some teams it's going to come down to Jones or Bray I imagine...I'm hoping that Buffalo is not one of those teams... B-)

• 4 weeks later...

Been away for a week and don't know if this has been addressed. Watching NFL 32 last week, the boring QB discussion came up with McShay, Kiper and Bill Polian. I was only interested in Polian's comments, not the babbling heads. He was very thorough in his comments and said, his opinion only, that Landry Jones was the only QB he felt would eventually be a long term "franchise" QB. Said he was a victim of a very talent poor team, poor offensive coaching and third rate receivers.

That said, he believes his physical attributes, height, arm strength, durability, and # of starts in a major program made him his choice. I know the Bills are talking up Smith, Nassib and Barley but could this be a smoke screen with Jones their secret choice at #2. I respect Polian's expertise as a talent evaluator and know he has been high on Jones for some time. Impact player @1 and Jones @ #2 ?

can't agree on 3rd rate receivers... he's had guys that were and will be drafted in first few rounds of draft. more than you can say for Manuel, Wilson (this year), Nassib.

i also am doubtful his ultra religious, man makes all the decisions, conservatism will play well outside the bible belt. tebow has nothing on this guy in that department.

can't agree on 3rd rate receivers... he's had guys that were and will be drafted in first few rounds of draft. more than you can say for Manuel, Wilson (this year), Nassib.

i also am doubtful his ultra religious, man makes all the decisions, conservatism will play well outside the bible belt. tebow has nothing on this guy in that department.

WTF is the last line about?

Don't draft Landry Jones because he sucks.

The End.

Dear God No. The only thing that would make me madder than a G at #8 is drafting this guy at all. Seriously, you need to watch his games. He wil lbe lucky to be a backup in the NFL. I can't say I'm great at picking who wil lbe a star QB but I'm awesome at picking bust. This guy has a Gabbert, Clausen feel. He wasn't close to Bradford and Bradford has struggled a ton in the league. No Landry please.

Dear God No. The only thing that would make me madder than a G at #8 is drafting this guy at all. Seriously, you need to watch his games. He wil lbe lucky to be a backup in the NFL. I can't say I'm great at picking who wil lbe a star QB but I'm awesome at picking bust. This guy has a Gabbert, Clausen feel. He wasn't close to Bradford and Bradford has struggled a ton in the league. No Landry please.

Gabbert he is not.

Jones threw 10,000 more yards than Gabbert, three-times as many touchdowns and won more than twice as many games as Gabbert started.

Gabbert was truly a draft anomaly. I remember scratching my head two years ago wonder wtf anyone was thinking saying he was worthy of a top-10 pick having done virtually nothing of note in college.

Jones as won three bowl games. You might not like him, but the comparison to Gabbert is exceedingly unfair.