Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been away for a week and don't know if this has been addressed. Watching NFL 32 last week, the boring QB discussion came up with McShay, Kiper and Bill Polian. I was only interested in Polian's comments, not the babbling heads. He was very thorough in his comments and said, his opinion only, that Landry Jones was the only QB he felt would eventually be a long term "franchise" QB. Said he was a victim of a very talent poor team, poor offensive coaching and third rate receivers.

That said, he believes his physical attributes, height, arm strength, durability, and # of starts in a major program made him his choice. I know the Bills are talking up Smith, Nassib and Barley but could this be a smoke screen with Jones their secret choice at #2. I respect Polian's expertise as a talent evaluator and know he has been high on Jones for some time. Impact player @1 and Jones @ #2 ?

Couldn't agree more with you! I was very high on Landry Jones, but there are some questions with him that have popped up. Still, I think there are issues with all of the QB prospects, and, given his success in college, his size, 4 year starter, strong arm, good person. I think the Bills should grab him in the second round after getting the BPA in Round #1. Hope that you are right!!!!

Been away for a week and don't know if this has been addressed. Watching NFL 32 last week, the boring QB discussion came up with McShay, Kiper and Bill Polian. I was only interested in Polian's comments, not the babbling heads. He was very thorough in his comments and said, his opinion only, that Landry Jones was the only QB he felt would eventually be a long term "franchise" QB. Said he was a victim of a very talent poor team, poor offensive coaching and third rate receivers.

That said, he believes his physical attributes, height, arm strength, durability, and # of starts in a major program made him his choice. I know the Bills are talking up Smith, Nassib and Barley but could this be a smoke screen with Jones their secret choice at #2. I respect Polian's expertise as a talent evaluator and know he has been high on Jones for some time. Impact player @1 and Jones @ #2 ?

Totally agree with you! I have been a big supporter of him, but his play this year left some questions. That said, all of the QB prospects have questions and when you consider his size, strong arm, 4 year starter, strong character not to mention being at the top of the list in all key College Career QB stats as well as winning 3 bowl games and 2 come from behind victories this year, he definitely warrants a shot. At least as much as the other QB's and don't forget, he beat Geno Smith by throwing aTD pass on the last play of the game to beat him. Not sure why he is so under-rated.... Hope that you are right!

Gabbert he is not.

Jones threw 10,000 more yards than Gabbert, three-times as many touchdowns and won more than twice as many games as Gabbert started.

Gabbert was truly a draft anomaly. I remember scratching my head two years ago wonder wtf anyone was thinking saying he was worthy of a top-10 pick having done virtually nothing of note in college.

Jones as won three bowl games. You might not like him, but the comparison to Gabbert is exceedingly unfair.

To clarify, I just meant that there are some guys who scream NFL bust. Looking at Jones' #s, he had a good career. But Oklahoma is set up for QBs to have good numbers. When you watch the guy, he always makes dumb plays and is so much worse than his numbers.