Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does that make him a "typical poster"? I've found that the vast majority of posters actually think about the things that they post...

Agreed.

Well I guess that expalins your position perfectly, thanks for defending your snide remarks.

Nor does he understand the irony of his post.

Anyways back to Landry Jones, I don't like the Bills wasting time with him.

I appreciate "leaving no stone unturned" etc but I don't see "it" in Landry Jones. I hope that the appearance of the Bills interest in him is only a smokescreen or a contingency if for some reason, they miss out on a QB in the first round and are forced into a plan B.

Bills to Workout Landry Jones

Didn't see this posted yet, but if so, MODS please delete/merge...

Per ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/b...qb-landry-jones

Has the tools but needs more consistency.

Can't stand the guy. Scrub written all over him. Pretty good arm. Pretty good accuracy. Think Rob Johnson with no mobility and a weaker arm. Deer in headlights. Fail in the Red Zone. If we pick him, I'll actually root for him to suck just so his tenure will be short.

Yeah, you being right is more important than the Bills winning :thumbsup:

No. Us having a good QB is the most important. I'm already right.

No, you aren't. To be right would imply that the scenario has already occurred...since, to my knowledge, time travel hasn't been invented, you can't possibly know that, and therefore aren't already right.

Way too much of this type of thinking on the board.

No, you aren't. To be right would imply that the scenario has already occurred...since, to my knowledge, time travel hasn't been invented, you can't possibly know that, and therefore aren't already right.

Way too much of this type of thinking on the board.

My statement was meant to be sarcastic. I guess I didn't make that evident. My bad. "I don't know, I think" is above my avatar. I agree with you, too many people think they already "know" before its possible to "know". When I watched Landry jones play throughout his career, he routinely failed in the red zone vs better competition. When he was pressured, he routinely had the "deer in headlights" look about him. Can that improve? Sure. I just don't think he has a clutch gene in his body.

So.....from what I've seen from Landry Jones, he looks to be a backup. If he's there's in the 5th, I'd roll the dice on him with hopes he could be our backup for the next few years. I said I will root for him to suck, if he's our starter because I don't think he has a chance to be a good-very good QB. That's what we need. I don't believe he will ever be that, so I'd prefer him to suck, so we don't overlook drafting a QB in next years draft because he had a few good games this year. If fitz would've sucked the first 5 games in 2011, we may have already acquired a good QB. I didn't think fitz was worthy of becoming our franchise QB when we resigned him to the big contract. I saw his flaws (noodle arm, terrible accuracy on throws over 10 yards) and thought they were too much to overcome. They were. In Landry, I see his flaws (poise, footwork, mobility, long throwing motion) and I think they are too much to overcome to become a good-very good starting QB in the nfl. If we draft him, I hope that I'm wrong, but I don't like him and I don't want to see him QB the Bills this season or any season. It's my opinion that he'll never be good enough to lead any team to the playoffs.

My statement was meant to be sarcastic. I guess I didn't make that evident. My bad. "I don't know, I think" is above my avatar. I agree with you, too many people think they already "know" before its possible to "know". When I watched Landry jones play throughout his career, he routinely failed in the red zone vs better competition. When he was pressured, he routinely had the "deer in headlights" look about him. Can that improve? Sure. I just don't think he has a clutch gene in his body.

So.....from what I've seen from Landry Jones, he looks to be a backup. If he's there's in the 5th, I'd roll the dice on him with hopes he could be our backup for the next few years. I said I will root for him to suck, if he's our starter because I don't think he has a chance to be a good-very good QB. That's what we need. I don't believe he will ever be that, so I'd prefer him to suck, so we don't overlook drafting a QB in next years draft because he had a few good games this year. If fitz would've sucked the first 5 games in 2011, we may have already acquired a good QB. I didn't think fitz was worthy of becoming our franchise QB when we resigned him to the big contract. I saw his flaws (noodle arm, terrible accuracy on throws over 10 yards) and thought they were too much to overcome. They were. In Landry, I see his flaws (poise, footwork, mobility, long throwing motion) and I think they are too much to overcome to become a good-very good starting QB in the nfl. If we draft him, I hope that I'm wrong, but I don't like him and I don't want to see him QB the Bills this season or any season. It's my opinion that he'll never be good enough to lead any team to the playoffs.

That opinion is more than fair, and to be frank, I agree with it...apologies for jumping on you; I've just seen way too much of that stuff around here lately.

That opinion is more than fair, and to be frank, I agree with it...apologies for jumping on you; I've just seen way too much of that stuff around here lately.

I hear ya. I don't like it when people speak as if they know what the future of a player is. In this case, I have strong feelings against Landry Jones. Do I know jones will suck? No. But I believe there is about a 5% chance he becomes a franchise QB.

No apology needed. I should've made my sarcasm more evident.

I think I like Landry the best in the draft as far as QB's go. No one really stands out and I think Geno will be a bust. I like Jones as he is 4 year starter I believe at Oklahoma (SEC) and has put up big numbers. If I were the Bills, I'd either trade down in the first to get a QB or wait till round 2. But I wouldn't blow the 8th overall pick on any QB in this draft.

Totally agree with everything you said...............Good post!!!

I say get a QB that's under the radar ,and draft an o-line guy at No.8 ! We've seen some above average QB's with a great O-line do really well ! Or we can lose games on purpose like the Colts 2 years ago,and the NFL never did anything about it !

I wonder if the Bills wouldn't be better served to forget trying to draft a "franchise QB" this season and try to do it next year. I have a feeling that their draft position would be better and that there will be a better QB class to choose from.

I assume the criticism that he lacks "it" (which I assume ~ clutch) is accurate just b/c I've heard it consistently from people who have watched him more than I, but watching him on video (not highlights) his talent is undeniable. I've seen more from him in terms of touch & accuracy than Wilson, Nassib, Bray, or Manuel.

Edited by Rob's House

Totally agree with everything you said...............Good post!!!

Thank you! FINALLY somebody sees it the way it is.

From what I saw in the Cotton Bowl I do not want him to be drafted by Buffalo.

Watch all the other games he's played. Oklahoma has had no defense. I'm serious. Might change your mind. All I'm saying is that Buffalo needs a QB. And if they want one out of this draft class, then they have to look deep because there is no "give me's" in this one. Just look at his opponents that he shredded vs. everyone else.

Just my opinion.

Go Bills!