IF IF IF Minnesota Trades Up To 8 for Cordarelle

Astrobot

Poor title, but if anyone really thought Minnesota traded to 8 a month before the draft to somehow promise they got a guy that could be gone at 7, or last til 25.... Well... That's also poor judgement by them

Pretty easy to say that now. After the fact.

I don't know if there's a way to "ignore" a poster here but I'll look and if there is....Astrobot will be my 1st. I'm sorry folks, this guy Astrobot is a stand-up comic act. I've seen enough. Not buying his "in-the know" nonsense.

For me, starting this thread as fact seals the deal on this so-called expert.

Edited by jaybee

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if there's a way to "ignore" a poster here but I'll look and if there is....Astrobot will be my 1st. I'm sorry folks, this guy Astrobot is a stand-up comic act. I've seen enough. Not buying his "in-the know" nonsense.

That will be your loss. I sometimes disagree w/ his player assessments, but he is a valued poster who adds a lot to the board.

Vikes signed Jennings so the need for a WR isn't as bad although this trade up for them would be nasty

I also don't think Geno makes it out of the top 5 so obviously won't last to 23

I'd be all for this trade down though which I'd like better then a trade up....can still get Glennon, Bray, etc

I agree the thread title is misleading, but you are overreacting. Astrobot does not claim to "know" what the Bills--or any other team--will do on draft day. He and others simulate possible scenarios. They make those scenarios as accurate as they can, taking into account teams' needs, players' grades, etc. (Though I agree with San Jose Bills Fan that they probably underestimate QBs' perceived value on draft day.)

Minnesota has the #22 and #25 pick in the draft (1480 pts. on the trade chart). They want a WR in this draft--remember they traded Percy Harvin to the Seattle Seahawks. Cordarelle Patterson is sitting there when it's the Bills' pick at #8, and the call comes in. Nix agrees to swap the #8 (1400 pts.) for the trade-down. Minnesota takes Cordarelle. I fed this into the DraftTek Simulator and the resulting draft looks like this, with some other considerations at various picks:1 8 Minnesota Cordarrelle Patterson WRF Tennessee1 23 Buffalo Geno Smith QB West Virginia P2 +6 Value1 25 Buffalo Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame P3O +3 Value (Trufant CB)2 41 Buffalo DeAndre Hopkins WRF Clemson 3 71 Buffalo Jonathan Bostic ILB Florida4 102 Buffalo Devin Taylor OLB34 South Carolina (Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati , Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State)5 136 Buffalo Lavar Edwards OLB34 LSU (Marcus Davis WRF Virginia Tech, Landry Jones QB Oklahoma)6 167 Buffalo Malliciah Goodman DE34 Clemson (Le'Veon Bell RBF Michigan State, J.C. Tretter OG Cornell )We win in any trade down. In this case, if Geno Smith makes it to 8, he slides quite a bit further. I'd take Trufant at #25 and take Travis Kelce later at TE, and OLB Lavar Edwards. I'd also seriously consider Le'Veon Bell even if I have to wait a year to use him--you'd have thunder and lightning in Spiller-Bell for years, with Smith at QB, Eifert-Chandler at TE and Hopkins-Johnson at WR. Bostic is a solid run defender with some versatility between ILB and OLB.

I like the idea of trading down & getting another pick. Hopefully Geno will be gone by then so the Bills will avoid the disastrous mistake of drafting him.

You'll be missing out. Astro is great around draft time.

In your short time here, you have been a pretty decent addition for a new poster (from what I have seen). It would be a shame if you over-reacted like this instead of just relaxing, understand that we are just chatting on the internet, got on board, and contributed some constructive criticism/opinions and your own ideas.

Astrobot doesnt claim to be an expert on scouting or what the teams will do. He provides a service and a good start of discussions.

If Astrobot is the first and only poster you have on ignore, after what Ive seen posted around here lately, that would say a lot more about you than Astro.

Lighten up kiddo :thumbsup::beer: :beer:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that being said...

Agreed with SJBF, Draftek is losing a lot of cred with the way they have the QBs ranked. No way we get Geno Smith at 23.

Also agreed with NoSaint that if Smith is there at 8 the Vikes can suck it, and we take Geno there.

Outside of that one pick, I like the rest of the draft. Im a huge fan of DeAndre Hopkins. Who else could we get at #23 given that Smith will be gone? Maybe Nassib make sense there (if he's still available)?

Edited by DrDareustein

With that being said...

Agreed with SJBF, Draftek is losing a lot of cred with the way they have the QBs ranked. No way we get Geno Smith at 23.

Outside of that one pick, I like the rest of the draft. Im a huge fan of DeAndre Hopkins. Who else could we get at #23 given that Smith will be gone? Maybe Nassib make sense there (if he's still available)?

I dont doubt Geno is the 23rd best player (which may be how they are ranking this draft, purely on rank) But youre right, with the premium on QBs, Geno doesn't make it past the Jets at 9

Drafttek is looking like nothing more than bleacher report with this crap. What a waste of bandwidth. Tough to lend credibility to a system that is not even close to being based in reality. I guess you guys are giving up on any and all semblance of accuracy Astrobot?

If Geno Smith falls to #8, you ignore Minnesota's call and calmly turn in the card with Geno's name on it.

Edited by Ramius

If Geno is there the Bills will have to take him. I didn't initially want him, but I am warming up to the idea. However, if Nix and co. are set with another QB higher then trading back is the best solution. We only have 6 picks, and a roster with a lot holes at the moment so trading back would be great regardless.

IMO, this would be a very good move.......but with two strong provisos. There would need to be 4 QBs that are going to go in the 1st round(seems likely to me).......and more importantly that the Bills rate all four of those QBs to be of similar potential.

Furthering to that, if there is one(or two) QB who is rated higher than the others, and the Bills miss out on him(them) by the #8 pick(unable to trade up etc)......then again I would say trading down is a preferable option.