IF IF IF Minnesota Trades Up To 8 for Cordarelle

Astrobot

Minnesota has the #22 and #25 pick in the draft (1480 pts. on the trade chart). They want a WR in this draft--remember they traded Percy Harvin to the Seattle Seahawks. Cordarelle Patterson is sitting there when it's the Bills' pick at #8, and the call comes in. Nix agrees to swap the #8 (1400 pts.) for the trade-down. Minnesota takes Cordarelle. I fed this into the DraftTek Simulator and the resulting draft looks like this, with some other considerations at various picks:1 8 Minnesota Cordarrelle Patterson WRF Tennessee1 23 Buffalo Geno Smith QB West Virginia P2 +6 Value1 25 Buffalo Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame P3O +3 Value (Trufant CB)2 41 Buffalo DeAndre Hopkins WRF Clemson 3 71 Buffalo Jonathan Bostic ILB Florida4 102 Buffalo Devin Taylor OLB34 South Carolina (Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati , Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State)5 136 Buffalo Lavar Edwards OLB34 LSU (Marcus Davis WRF Virginia Tech, Landry Jones QB Oklahoma)6 167 Buffalo Malliciah Goodman DE34 Clemson (Le'Veon Bell RBF Michigan State, J.C. Tretter OG Cornell )We win in any trade down. In this case, if Geno Smith makes it to 8, he slides quite a bit further. I'd take Trufant at #25 and take Travis Kelce later at TE, and OLB Lavar Edwards. I'd also seriously consider Le'Veon Bell even if I have to wait a year to use him--you'd have thunder and lightning in Spiller-Bell for years, with Smith at QB, Eifert-Chandler at TE and Hopkins-Johnson at WR. Bostic is a solid run defender with some versatility between ILB and OLB.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this goes back to one of your earlier threads where I and several others commented on Draftek's undervaluing of quarterbacks.

As I recall you didn't return to that thread after that point was made.

Now you have Geno Smith lasting till pick #23.

So again (seeing as you're promoting your product), don't you think Draftek undervalues quarterbacks?

I think it's a pretty fair question.

If geno is at 8 we'd be foolish to trade back.

This^^^

And I'm not even saying Geno is the next great thing, or anything close to that...But for this Franchise, at this time, they pretty much have to take the #1 QB in this Draft if he's available to them... B-)

This^^^

And I'm not even saying Geno is the next great thing, or anything close to that...But for this Franchise, at this time, they pretty much have to take the #1 QB in this Draft if he's available to them... B-)

Without having to trade up Geno would be a excellent pickup at 8. I doubt he will be there at 8

Without having to trade up Geno would be a excellent pickup at 8. I doubt he will be there at 8

I'm pretty much doubting he will be there at #8 as well...Let's face facts...Things never go that smoothly for this Franchise...Ever... B-)

misleading title. minus five demerits.

Absolutely. Posi-lutely. Hopefully the moderators can fix this nonsense. Guess I'm not the only one that doesn't care what a draft guesser has to say. He, like the rest of us doesn't know what the plan at OBD is.

Thought there was news.

jb

Revise the title please. Very misleading.

Poor title, but if anyone really thought Minnesota traded to 8 a month before the draft to somehow promise they got a guy that could be gone at 7, or last til 25.... Well... That's also poor judgement by them

misleading title. minus five demerits. wait if its minus five DEmerits then ifs plus five merits. so its plus five demerits, or i supposes minus five merits. or perhaps minus five bite mes. ralph is cheap

I've been trying for some time to figure out what the black stuff that looks like a hatching alien in the upper left corner of your avatar actually is, and if I only recently noticed it or it was only recently added.