Ted Johnson call Wilfork's wife "ugly"

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"....really is a shame that Wilfork was put in this position. Bianca Wilfork has always been very public with her support of her husband and the couple runs The Vince Wilfork Foundation, which raises money for diabetes research. She may not fit society's traditional definition of beautiful but she's clearly beautiful to the only person whose opinion matters — Vince Wilfork."

She may not fit society's traditional definition of beautiful??? This journalist just slapped her around as well. He could have written that better.

She may not fit society's traditional definition of beautiful??? This journalist just slapped her around as well. He could have written that better.

Yup. The sad part is he thought he was being kind. You really have to wonder goes on in people's heads sometimes.

Vince Wilfork has his say in response.

Pretty articulate and classy under the circs: "I love my wife and my family. She is my everything. ...take shots at me all day but not them. I have a great family life and blessed to have them"

I have a dream, that some day before I die, the media will climb out of its collective Man Caves and sweat-putrid High School Lockerooms and "get" that women actually do exist independent of men's eyes rating their appearance. I "get" it that gangly hormonal male adolescent punks are prone by nature to make that error. All of us were hormone driven adolescents, once in the day.

And then most of us grew up. The movie "Marty" was released in 1955 and it's still news to some people.

Dude, I knew she looked familiar! nice call

I don't think she deserves any bad talk. She's a big girl, he is a big guy.

If she were skinny he would kill her rolling over to turn off the alarm clock.

"....really is a shame that Wilfork was put in this position. Bianca Wilfork has always been very public with her support of her husband and the couple runs The Vince Wilfork Foundation, which raises money for diabetes research. She may not fit society's traditional definition of beautiful but she's clearly beautiful to the only person whose opinion matters — Vince Wilfork."

Yup. The sad part is he thought he was being kind. You really have to wonder goes on in people's heads sometimes.

Good points, still not getting it.

The only person whose opinion about her matters is ultimately Bianca's. She's a person, Peeps - honest. She gets to decide whose opinion of her she takes seriously. Since it seems they're happily married, it's a fairly safe bet that Vince Wilfork's opinion matters to her, but it better not be the "only opinion that matters". That's a one way ticket to psychoheadcaseland.

Sheesh, I'm having flashbacks to the '60s - the 1660s. "He for God only, she for God in him".

Everybody is "ugly" to someone. And everybody looks "good" to someone. It's all subjective. So get in where you fit in. No need for Johnson or anyone else to give an opinion like that about the next person. What's the purpose? If Bianca Wilfork isn't Ted's type of chick, that's cool. He doesn't have to do anything with her. No need to make a show of it. Vince finds her attractive for whatever his reasons are. And for Johnson to speak that way about former teammates wife? He's a jack ass, simple and plain. I guarantee you he wouldn't have said it to Vince or Bianca's face. Which makes it worse.

This journalist just slapped her around as well. He could have written that better.

I disagree. Bianca clearly does not fit society's traditional definition of beautiful. I thought it was an adroit and honest statement.

Who is Ted Johnson?

He's a very good former Patriots linebacker who retired due to multiple concussions. I seem to remember him being one of the early players to sue the league for his injuries.

I like Wilfork's response.

Me too:

WilforkTweet322.jpg

That's a low blow. Good for Wilfork to respond and defend his spouse (not that he should have to). I have newfound respect for this Patriot.

Honestly....if he was married to a beach bimbo with huge fake boobs that would be ok right? and, of course, she'd be a money hungry gold digger (Yes...I realize his current wife "could" be a gold digger as well so save it). The double standards here are too numerous to count. Again...good for him. I hope he and his wife have a long healthy marriage.

I'm not a big fan of Big Vince (that Losman hit and about 4 others that same year should have earned him a suspension, but guess who he plays for?), but good for him for sticking up for his wife. Loved his response and would love to be a fly on the wall the next time Vince and his ex-teammate run into each other....

I didn't know you could get in trouble for telling the truth. Vince Wilfork's wife is ugly (By what men usually consider ugly) but that's up to Vince Wilfork if he has a problem with it. Also black men seem to love fat white women for some reason.

Edited by billsfan89