Could we play Balitmore Thursday night season opener?

mead107

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baltimore can not open on Thursday night at home because of parking with Baltmore orioles night game.

They can not play NE because they play them at home.

Could it be us?

It'll be a long time before the Bills are on national prime time TV again.... talk about no fan interest, yikes.

Baltimore can not open on Thursday night at home because of parking with Baltmore orioles night game.

They can not play NE because they play them at home.

Could it be us?

Don't count on it. :cry:

No. 99.9% of the country does not want to watch the Bills, ever.

:lol:

It'll be a long time before the Bills are on national prime time TV again.... talk about no fan interest, yikes.

I'll bet you money that they have a Thursday Night game on NFL Network in 2013.

Why not? Why have had a season opener for the last like 60 some years...?

2000, against the Titans, was the Home Opener Sunday night 8pm game. It was also the first Two Bills Drive Annual Home Opener Tailgate (TBDAHOT). That might have also been the last year the NFL had opening weekend on Labor Day weekend.

2000, against the Titans, was the Home Opener Sunday night 8pm game. It was also the first Two Bills Drive Annual Home Opener Tailgate (TBDAHOT). That might have also been the last year the NFL had opening weekend on Labor Day weekend.

Think I would go out on Wednesday if it happened.

No.... only way it even has a CHANCE at happening is if we got Geno Smith and NFL wants to show the top rookie QB vs Champs who are dismantled..

Except (as noted earlier) the schedule comes out before the draft. So unless the draft is fixed, the NFL won't know for sure who the Bills will end up drafting.

I don’t understand why the NFL is forcing the Super Bowl Champs to open on the road. The Baltimore Orioles have a four game home stand against the White Sox September 5 thru September 8.

Wouldn’t the simplest solution be for the Orioles to move the Thursday September 5th game to Saturday or Sunday. Making it part of a weekend double-header.

Doesn’t major league baseball do that sort of thing all the time to make up for games that were canceled because of inclement weather? I’m sure if asked, the Orioles would cooperate.

I don’t understand why the NFL is forcing the Super Bowl Champs to open on the road. The Baltimore Orioles have a four game home stand against the White Sox September 5 thru September 8.

Wouldn’t the simplest solution be for the Orioles to move the Thursday September 5th game to Saturday or Sunday. Making it part of a weekend double-header.

Doesn’t major league baseball do that sort of thing all the time to make up for games that were canceled because of inclement weather? I’m sure if asked, the Orioles would cooperate.

GOOD IDEA!

ill notify all relevant parties, you wait here!

:thumbdown:

The opener was moved this past year because of a President Obama speech. I think they moved the game to Wednesday. I dont see why they couldn't move it to Saturday.

NFL's publicizing of the road game is designed to pressurize the Orioles into freeing up the date. There is no way the Os stand in the way of the Baltimore fans having this celebration of their world championship. Remember to tell my I was right after the Os cave.

Agree I still think its shy of 100%

Hence it's leaking 3 weeks early. A last power play before the final draft.

If that's successful, we will see. Just such a great national stage for the city too.

I would love to see the BIll's play in the season opener, but alas the NFL likes $$$ ratings our money and putting the BIlls in the season opener would kill rating's except in western NY and the few spots like in our family peeps would be watching.