In Pat Kirwan's mock draft, Gone are:

Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M

Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida

Matt Barkley, QB, USC

Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU

Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

The draft comes to #8 of the Bills, and here are the next 5 picks, all of whom are on your board. Who do you pick?

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon:

Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma

Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

You may also vote "Other", including Bjoern Werner, Cordarelle Patterson, Trufant, Ansah, Kenny Vaccaro, Damontre Moore, Tavon Austin, etc.

Edited by Astrobot

Smith. Hands down. Shouldn't even be another in consideration if he's on the board. He won't be, unless we trade up. Of the others in the poll, I'd pick Jordan. Warmack would be 3rd, although I wouldn't be happy about it.

Edited by NewEra

I'm not voting. I will say this: If this is the choice we make at 8, we have several options.

----> Kirwan's draft lets the Bills take the QB with a 7:1 TD:INT ratio. It doesn't mean we can't take one later, should Bray, Scott, or Jones fall into RD4.

----> Warmack at OG easily replaces Levitre and you have no more OL movement, where the Lane Johnson option forces you to change 2 positions.

----> Dion Johnson was McShay's #1 pass rusher, holds up in space and versatile".."25 sk 10 INT 15 FF and 7 QBs on stretchers", not a 4-3 LB

----> Some draftniks are touting Lotulelei as an even better DE than a DT, but there is the heart thing. He's been #2 on most boards since May.

----> I think Xavier Rhodes is the best CB in this draft, not Milliner or Trufant. There; I've said it.

----> I am not a fan of Ansah for this team right now, you could talk me into Cordarrelle and Tavon.

If Smith drops that far, I would probaly take him. I have been against taking him but we need the best QB available at that spot. I don't believe though he will be there at number 8. He just went to work out for Cleveland this week, I believe that the Raiders take him at three and Arizona takes Barkley at 7. If so I jump at Jarvis Jones then jump back late in first round and take best available QB(Manuel,Nassib,Wilson).

QB's are easier to find then good pass rushers, and in the draft it is just safer to go further in on a pass rusher like Dion Jordan then it is a Geno Smith. I hate saying it, but I would value Dion Jordan more then Geno Smith.

Take your QB Smith. I am sorry but i would rather roll the dice with him then any other guy at 8.

Every guy on that list has some question about him or else he would be gone before the Bills pick at 8.

So to me take the most valuable position on the field and coach him up.

From everything i have read he has the talent, work ethic, and intelligence to be a starter in the NFL.

He played on a team with a horrible D and was often trying his best to keep his team in games.

His record down the stretch was not great but his personal performance was solid. The guy put up 42 tds to 5 ints in 13 games. That tells me the guy knows how to make the right decisions.

Take your QB Smith. I am sorry but i would rather roll the dice with him then any other guy at 8.

Every guy on that list has some question about him or else he would be gone before the Bills pick at 8.

So to me take the most valuable position on the field and coach him up.

From everything i have read he has the talent, work ethic, and intelligence to be a starter in the NFL.

He played on a team with a horrible D and was often trying his best to keep his team in games.

His record down the stretch was not great but his personal performance was solid. The guy put up 42 tds to 5 ints in 13 games. That tells me the guy knows how to make the right decisions.

Great point. Geno went 20 TD to 0 INT along one stretch.

I am not averse to taking Another QB in RD 6 or UDFA, by the way. If Matt Scott, Seth Doege, Collin Klein, Sean Renfree,

or Matt Dysert were there, I'd make sure my other priorities were already met (including OLB, TE, CB, WR, K/P), then give them a hard look.

Edited by Astrobot

Normally I'd agree that you go QB as it's the most important position obviously. But I don't like Smith personally. Dion Jordon will never be there, but if he is I turn in my card as fast as I can. Geno is going to disappoint some team.

Geno Smith

Cordell's Patterson

Dion Jordan

All of them would be acceptable IMO. I'd be pleased no matter what.

If Womack was taken, just like NewEra, I'd be pissed, but man is he going to be a monster for a very long time at the LG position.

Ok. After watching that video (again) I want Jordan. The guy remind me so much of Javon Kearse its unreal. He's an absolute monster. Would be an absolute sickening pairing with Mario, and add in Dareus for years to come.

Ok. After watching that video (again) I want Jordan. The guy remind me so much of Javon Kearse its unreal. He's an absolute monster. Would be an absolute sickening pairing with Mario, and add in Dareus for years to come.

good point

but give me Geno. they need a QB more than Lb . Think Geno is gonna surprise many people buy how well he adjusts to the pro game.

He might need some time but his upside is tremendous.

good point

but give me Geno. they need a QB more than Lb . Think Geno is gonna surprise many people buy how well he adjusts to the pro game.

He might need some time but his upside is tremendous.

i have not been a fan of Geno honestly. But if he falls to the 8th you can't NOT pick him. It's worth a shot no matter what. I completely feel this way, and even though I don't believe in him, I believe I'm the fact that we need a QB and we need to at least take a shot one of these years.

I won't be mad if they take any of the QBs at the 8th pick. Apparently, whoever they pick, they think will be their guy for the future and I'm perfectly fine with it. Jordan just looks like he might be the best player in this draft. Period. And is take a shot at him in the first and one of the remaining QBs in the 2nd. But that's me. I've always been a "Defense wins championships" kind of guy.

For those of you saying you'd take Geno, consider this:

Would you rather have Jordan/Mingo/Jones (one should be there at #8) and Manuel/Nassib/Wilson/Glennon/Bray/any QB not named Geno or Barkely?

Or

Geno Smith and... Sam Montgomery? Alex Okafor? Manti Te'o?

I submit the D needs an impact player. Not more than the O needs a QB, of course, but I'd say the drop off from the 1st rd LBs to the 2nd rd LBs is far more vast than it is for 1st to 2nd rd QBs.

That said, I've been mulling it over, and below is my stab at who I think the Bills should draft.

Now, obviously the following "mock" will never happen bc things never work out this well for Buffalo but here's what I *think* would be the best possible draft:

1. Dion Jordan - probably won't slip to us, but I think he's the type of dynamic player Pettine's defense needs. Seems like he can do it all but most importantly can bring the heat.

2. EJ Manuel - I know a bunch of you think he's a bum, but I think he's got the most upside out of the guys likely available in the second. They have to roll the dice. There's question marks about all the QBs, but he's got all the measureables I want.

3. WR- There are so many that one of these guys will slip and I'd take any of these three in this order (although I could be convinced to alter the order): Terrance Williams, Justin Hunter, or Da'Rick Rogers. All have the potential to be stars. Da'Rick Rogers had off-field issues but seems to have turned it around.

4. Nico Johnson ILB from Bama - dude seems to be the downhill thumper they need in the middle. Then again, I thought that about Kelvin Sheppard too. Most likely not an every down LB, or at least won't be asked to man cover, which is reflected by his draft position.

5. I have no idea. If there's a pass catching TE out there, I'd go for it. Otherwise, I'd take a DB. Jordan Reed is a TE I'd take a flyer on but most likely won't be there.

6. See 5.

OK BOYS HAVE AT IT

For those of you saying you'd take Geno, consider this:

Would you rather have Jordan/Mingo/Jones (one should be there at #8) and Manuel/Nassib/Wilson/Glennon/Bray/any QB not named Geno or Barkely?

Or

Geno Smith and... Sam Montgomery? Alex Okafor? Manti Te'o?

I submit the D needs an impact player. Not more than the O needs a QB, of course, but I'd say the drop off from the 1st rd LBs to the 2nd rd LBs is far more vast than it is for 1st to 2nd rd QBs.

That said, I've been mulling it over, and below is my stab at who I think the Bills should draft.

Now, obviously the following "mock" will never happen bc things never work out this well for Buffalo but here's what I *think* would be the best possible draft:

1. Dion Jordan - probably won't slip to us, but I think he's the type of dynamic player Pettine's defense needs. Seems like he can do it all but most importantly can bring the heat.

2. EJ Manuel - I know a bunch of you think he's a bum, but I think he's got the most upside out of the guys likely available in the second. They have to roll the dice. There's question marks about all the QBs, but he's got all the measureables I want.

3. WR- There are so many that one of these guys will slip and I'd take any of these three in this order (although I could be convinced to alter the order): Terrance Williams, Justin Hunter, or Da'Rick Rogers. All have the potential to be stars. Da'Rick Rogers had off-field issues but seems to have turned it around.

4. Nico Johnson ILB from Bama - dude seems to be the downhill thumper they need in the middle. Then again, I thought that about Kelvin Sheppard too. Most likely not an every down LB, or at least won't be asked to man cover, which is reflected by his draft position.

5. I have no idea. If there's a pass catching TE out there, I'd go for it. Otherwise, I'd take a DB. Jordan Reed is a TE I'd take a flyer on but most likely won't be there.

6. See 5.

OK BOYS HAVE AT IT

agree with all of this.