• Dion Jordan
    • Star Lotulelei
    • Lane Johnson
    • Xavier Rhodes
    • Chance Warmack
    • Ezekiel Ansah
    • Other

For those of you saying you'd take Geno, consider this:

Would you rather have Jordan/Mingo/Jones (one should be there at #8) and Manuel/Nassib/Wilson/Glennon/Bray/any QB not named Geno or Barkely?

Or

Geno Smith and... Sam Montgomery? Alex Okafor? Manti Te'o?

I submit the D needs an impact player. Not more than the O needs a QB, of course, but I'd say the drop off from the 1st rd LBs to the 2nd rd LBs is far more vast than it is for 1st to 2nd rd QBs.

That said, I've been mulling it over, and below is my stab at who I think the Bills should draft.

Now, obviously the following "mock" will never happen bc things never work out this well for Buffalo but here's what I *think* would be the best possible draft:

1. Dion Jordan - probably won't slip to us, but I think he's the type of dynamic player Pettine's defense needs. Seems like he can do it all but most importantly can bring the heat.

2. EJ Manuel - I know a bunch of you think he's a bum, but I think he's got the most upside out of the guys likely available in the second. They have to roll the dice. There's question marks about all the QBs, but he's got all the measureables I want.

3. WR- There are so many that one of these guys will slip and I'd take any of these three in this order (although I could be convinced to alter the order): Terrance Williams, Justin Hunter, or Da'Rick Rogers. All have the potential to be stars. Da'Rick Rogers had off-field issues but seems to have turned it around.

4. Nico Johnson ILB from Bama - dude seems to be the downhill thumper they need in the middle. Then again, I thought that about Kelvin Sheppard too. Most likely not an every down LB, or at least won't be asked to man cover, which is reflected by his draft position.

5. I have no idea. If there's a pass catching TE out there, I'd go for it. Otherwise, I'd take a DB. Jordan Reed is a TE I'd take a flyer on but most likely won't be there.

6. See 5.

OK BOYS HAVE AT IT

Jordon/ Manuel combo is the one I could live with if we pass on Geno.

but to me the one that makes sense also is Geno and Sam Montgomery.

Jordon/ Manuel combo is the one I could live with if we pass on Geno.

but to me the one that makes sense also is Geno and Sam Montgomery.

i was just about to add that I'd like Geno/Barkley and Quinton Patton.

If none of the QB starved teams drafting ahead of the Bills grabs Smith, doesn't that say something about the consensus about his prospects?

I'd rather have a great OLB at this point and look for QB in the 2d round.

I might even go OL early. Look at the Jets. The only problem they do not have is line. Of course they screwed up everywhere else on offense but OL is looking good. Also look at NE. They have had average at best OL play for quite a while with stellar QB play. If there was a Marsha Brady in this draft then I do not know if we get lucky enough to land him...

Astro-

You get the sense that this year is going to be crazy? Like for the first time in awhile ,nobody really knows what anyone is really going to do??

This year could set a record for trades one way or the other. I mean some teams will have one value on a guy that is vastly different than what another team has. I know that happens every year to some degree but for some reason it seems more prevalent this year?

Ok. After watching that video (again) I want Jordan. The guy remind me so much of Javon Kearse its unreal. He's an absolute monster. Would be an absolute sickening pairing with Mario, and add in Dareus for years to come.

Several draftniks have compared Jordan to Jevon Kearse, most recently McShay, who has also called Barkevious Mingo "Ware, Kearse-like".

Astro-

You get the sense that this year is going to be crazy? Like for the first time in awhile ,nobody really knows what anyone is really going to do??

This year could set a record for trades one way or the other. I mean some teams will have one value on a guy that is vastly different than what another team has. I know that happens every year to some degree but for some reason it seems more prevalent this year?

Yep, this one's going to be a difficult one to call. But that's why we're here, why we watch the draft, and why we slow down at accidents.

What OLB's have succeeded in the NFL with their speed rush being their biggest weapon?

Who are you referring to? Because if it's Jordan, he was a full-serve OLB who even covered slot receivers...In fact his sack numbers suffered because Oregon used him so many ways...Jordan's extremely versatile in comparison to most projected 3-4 OLB's...

And to answer your original question...Von Miller? B-)

Who are you referring to? Because if it's Jordan, he was a full-serve OLB who even covered slot receivers...In fact his sack numbers suffered because Oregon used him so many ways...Jordan's extremely versatile in comparison to most projected 3-4 OLB's...

And to answer your original question...Von Miller? B-)

Was not Jordan, but any 34OLB that relies on speed to rush the passer. Von Miller was an overall LB, I think Burficit might have been the only speedy 34OLB to come to mind of recent...?

I agree with Triple, he probably will not be there.

If none of the QB starved teams drafting ahead of the Bills grabs Smith, doesn't that say something about the consensus about his prospects?

You know KD, I hope the Bills are secure and confident enough in their evaluations that they don't second guess themselves based on a few teams passing on a quarterback that the Bills like.

Von Miller was an overall LB, I think Burficit might have been the only speedy 34OLB to come to mind of recent...?

Not according to a very vocal and significant number of people here who considered Miller to be purely a speed player.

I would say that for every time Von Miller's name was mentioned that Aaron Maybin's name was mentioned at least .60 times.

Same with Bruce Irvin.

For many talent evaluators on our board, a speed rusher is immediately an Aaron Maybin clone.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

In Pat Kirwan's mock draft, Gone are:

Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M

Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida

Matt Barkley, QB, USC

Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU

Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

The draft comes to #8 of the Bills, and here are the next 5 picks, all of whom are on your board. Who do you pick?

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon:

Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma

Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

You may also vote "Other", including Bjoern Werner, Cordarelle Patterson, Trufant, Ansah, Kenny Vaccaro, Damontre Moore, Tavon Austin, etc.

It really doesn't matter what we think or vote for because Buddy Nix will probably try to out trick himself and stick with the best player available option and select a running back! I was so upset when we passed on C. kaepernick !! I was so p.o.'d when we passed on Bryan Orakapo and picked Aaron Maybin instead!! I wanted to throw something.....

My prediction is the Bills will pick a CB with the first pick which will infuriate me (despite needing a CB..) The problem is we really need to address the QB and WR problem in the draft and could even use two QB's, one in the 1st or 2nd round and maybe one in the 5th or 6th round while still drafting a LB, TE, CB, and maybe sliding down a few spots so you can gain a pick and draft another OT or OG. The sad thing is we have more holes than swiss cheese and the Bills remain nearly silent through Free Agency while some teams have picked up as many as 9 free agents!!! Look at what Miami did......Fire Nix if he blows it again!