Matt Hasslebeck released by Titans

PJBrown7

I'd take him as a servicable backup, and a teacher to a rookie. Better than TJ who is better than Fitz. I gurantee you he can make a pass beyond 20 yards which is what Fitz was absolutely incapable of doing, and knows when to check down, vs. Fitz who would force it and throw a pick. Guys, I watched their games last year due to the ticket and three tv's in my game room, and he was not bad at all. He played on a bad team. I thought he did better than Locker which will get better in time.

This would be an excellent move for the right price, and let TJ go if we could save space. I don't hate TJ, but MH is better. He knwos he won't be the answer so even if he wins out in the beginning, he's not creating a controversy later. It's all in his aasking price and he passes the physical. What a nice teacher for the rokie in a superbowl contending QB who in 2011 showed a rookie how to win when he took over for Locker.

Your english teacher did a poor job.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over at profootballtalk, this sounded like a money cut by the Titans. At 38, he probably doesn't have a lot left as a player, but as an experienced coach for a rookie, he would work.

QB coaches coach. QB's usually quarterback, especially in new regimes they also learn(like he'd sign in B-lo anyways.)

Doubtful it's even a topic when the OBD braintrust considers older vets.

A good example of how QB's mentor would be Aaron Rodgers riding the pine while Favre started those years. That was one chilly relationship. Right now it's hard to find any QB thanking ______________ for mentoring him. The concept is way overrated.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Well that didn't take long. Colts plan to sign former Titans QB Matthew Hasselbeck, who was released today, on Tuesday.

We may well have the youngest team next year (which I'm OK with)...Hasselbeck would have screwed that distinction up for us.

Edited by BringBackFergy

good fit here? Draft a rookie and let him earn his way into the job? Not the worst idea.

I like it.

This way the Bills would at least have a solid backup. And we can wait until the second round to draft a QB. Then say if we pick Nassib in the second round.

He does not have to start right away. He can learn for a year.

This would open things up if we decide to go the BPA route which Buddy has a history of doing already.

Interesting....

another rag armed smart qb? no thank you.

A much better version than Fitzpatrick

QB coaches coach. QB's usually quarterback, especially in new regimes they also learn(like he'd sign in B-lo anyways.)

Doubtful it's even a topic when the OBD braintrust considers older vets.

A good example of how QB's mentor would be Aaron Rodgers riding the pine while Favre started those years. That was one chilly relationship. Right now it's hard to find any QB thanking ______________ for mentoring him. The concept is way overrated.

+1. Just ask Ryan Mallet!

Right now it's hard to find any QB thanking ______________ for mentoring him. The concept is way overrated.

Amen. It's just something fake and unprovable for the intangibles crowd to cling to. Guys like Luck, RG3 and Wilson were certainly mentored to greatness by "wily" vets last season. Who knows what kind of horrific seasons those three would've turned in without established passers like Chandler Harnish, Rex Grossman and Matt Flynn instructing them on the ins and outs of succeeding in the NFL.

Anyway, I'm glad Hasselbeck isn't a Bill. This is the same Hasselbeck, by the way, whose mentorship clearly made a big impact on Jake Locker last season (note the sarcasm).

Edited by Barry Zuckerkorn

Funny that a franchise that really knows QBs has signed him while we're all sitting around saying he sucks. :)

What do they know that we don't?

I wouldn't exactly say that no brainer signings means that a FO "knows" QB's... Who were the retards they had throwing in 2011? Do you even remeber who they were? LOL

Hasselbeck is an overrated, and now washed up QB. We don't need any more stupid~!!

Tim-

Funny that a franchise that really knows QBs has signed him while we're all sitting around saying he sucks. :)

What do they know that we don't?

The Colts know QBs because they took Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck with separate No. 1 picks? A monkey could've made those selections. Indy, for a long time, employed such venerable QBs as Jim Sorgi and Curtis Painter as its backups. That's a big reason why they went 2-14 without Manning two years ago.

Edited by Barry Zuckerkorn

The Colts know QBs because they took Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck with separate No. 1 picks? A monkey could've made those selections. Indy, for a long time, employed such venerable QBs as Jim Sorgi and Curtis Painter as its backups. That's a big reason why they went 2-14 without Manning two years ago.

+1. Too often people give credit for GMs...Even Belichek got lucky...It is not like he picked Brady and anointed him as the starter.

I would rather give credits to Wolf for bringing Favre from Atlanta, or the guy in Baltimore for picking Flacco at #17. Those GMs have done their home work and hit the home run.

Hasselbeck is a better player than Fitz.

This was all about money.

Tennessee's another team that's thrown a lot of money around in free agency but that doesn't appear to have improved that much.

They improved the O-line with Levitre and Delanie Walker is a good player but they've lost some guys too (Jared Cook) and just got weaker at quarterback. Then they signed guys like Shonn Greene and Sammy Lee Hill.

Color me underwhelmed.