crazy trade thought - trade Stevie

Thanks for the idea. But we would have to land a HUGE return from another team. Most likely a WR2, and a high quality LB, and some draft picks. Perhaps for Patrick Willis, Crabtree/Jenkins, and the 49ers 2nd round pick (to be used on a TE).

Edited by RyanC883

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is about the worst idea anyone has come up with. Why would they trade their second best offensive player? Makes no sense and if this were posted to the front office, they would laugh you right out of the building.

This is about the worst idea anyone has come up with. Why would they trade their second best offensive player? Makes no sense and if this were posted to the front office, they would laugh you right out of the building.

I think the problem is that the idea was posted as trading SJ, with no clue what you would get in return. I think it would have to be a ton, so much that the other team would likely not do it. The only team I could fathom doing it is the 49ers who have a WR to send in return, LB's, and a ton of draft picks to (a) give us one with; and (b) fill the hole at LB left by sending us one.

I think the problem is that the idea was posted as trading SJ, with no clue what you would get in return. I think it would have to be a ton, so much that the other team would likely not do it. The only team I could fathom doing it is the 49ers who have a WR to send in return, LB's, and a ton of draft picks to (a) give us one with; and (b) fill the hole at LB left by sending us one.

To me, that's not the problem. The problem is that teams just don't trade their best players away, period. Sure, guys getting up there in their years, or guys coming off of bad injuries get traded. Trading Stevie Johnson is about as likely as Baltimore trading Torre Smith or the Falcons trading Julio Jones. It's just patently stupid by this original poster.

Taking OL at 8 is a terrible idea to me and highly unlikely (based on Buddy saying that he was set on tackles). You can find guards later in the draft but it is harder to find QB and WR (please don't say Brady was a 6th round pick). Yes I know that Stevie Johnson and Marques Colston were 7th rounders but Megatron, Julio Jones, Roddy White, Larry Fitzgerald, AJ Green and Andre Johnson were not. The point that I am trying to make is it is harder to find skill players later in the draft than it is to find interior lineman. I know there are holes at LB and I would be cool with a proven pass rusher (ie Jarvis Jones) but I don't want a combine freak (ie Ansah, Jordan). After adding a starting LB my preference would be to take the QB and WR with our first two picks.

Taking OL at 8 is a terrible idea to me and highly unlikely (based on Buddy saying that he was set on tackles). You can find guards later in the draft but it is harder to find QB and WR (please don't say Brady was a 6th round pick). Yes I know that Stevie Johnson and Marques Colston were 7th rounders but Megatron, Julio Jones, Roddy White, Larry Fitzgerald, AJ Green and Andre Johnson were not. The point that I am trying to make is it is harder to find skill players later in the draft than it is to find interior lineman. I know there are holes at LB and I would be cool with a proven pass rusher (ie Jarvis Jones) but I don't want a combine freak (ie Ansah, Jordan). After adding a starting LB my preference would be to take the QB and WR with our first two picks.

What about a freaky athletic inside LB like Olgetree?

To me, that's not the problem. The problem is that teams just don't trade their best players away, period. Sure, guys getting up there in their years, or guys coming off of bad injuries get traded. Trading Stevie Johnson is about as likely as Baltimore trading Torre Smith or the Falcons trading Julio Jones. It's just patently stupid by this original poster.

Obviously this is correct, but it was just an idea. It would never happen, at least in the NFL.

Correct me if im wrong, but as of right now the Bills dont have enough quality DBs. They have NO LBs NO WRs and dont have a starting QB. Oline took a huge hit, but my guess is they draft the best L tackle available and move Glenn inside. They dont have a healthy TE, is it crazy to try and trade Stevie Johnson only if the price is right . With most likely having a rookie QB start this yr his value on this team is insignificant especially with NO other WR on this team. I mean this "team" literally has nothing,so is it that crazy of a thought?

01-how-about-no-bear.jpg?w=800

So whats the difference between the Bills trading Stevie johnson, and the Sabres possibly trading Vanek or Miller? Where it looks highly likely that either vanek or miller will be gone.

"Stupid is as stupid does". Lol

Playing devils advocate I disagree a rookie QBs greatest asset is a good running game. IE RGIII and Wislon... As to left tackle, isnt the writing on the wall letting levitre and rhinehardt walk RIGHT now it screams taking an OLine man 1st. Most likely a LT..

"The Buffalo Bills: filling holes since '61"

So whats the difference between the Bills trading Stevie johnson, and the Sabres possibly trading Vanek or Miller? Where it looks highly likely that either vanek or miller will be gone.

Both Vanek and Miller have contracts that expire next season...and their franchise appears to be bottoming out. Steve Johnson just re-signed a year ago... and his franchise is trying to climb out of the bottom...there is a difference.

we only have a handful of good players worth keeping as it is (spiller, freddy, wood, stevie, cordy glen, Byrd, Mario, kyle, dareus, Gilmore).

I guess everyone is technically available.....I just doubt anyone would offer enough for me to say yes.

Alfred Morris and Marshawn Lynch both had near 1,600 yards rushing last year.

I'm sure that had nothing to do with their success

Devil's advocate here, how did Ponder play with a AP rushing for 2000 yards last year? I don't think you're giving those rookie QBs enough credit for their success. Yes, they had some good performances around them, but they still played well in their own right.