Sign Pollard Now!

I kinda wanted him too...and then I read this tweet which makes me think twice.

@profootballtalk League source on Bernard Pollard: "Three teams in how many years. Soon four. What does that tell you?"

Normally I'd agree. The Ravens seem to be in full house cleaning mode. Either trading or not re-signing key players. Handcuffed by Flacco perhaps?

Normally I'd agree. The Ravens seem to be in full house cleaning mode. Either trading or not re-signing key players. Handcuffed by Flacco perhaps?

Youth movement on the Ravens D. Also doesn't it seem like they have had almost constant turnover at safety next to Ed Reed? Jim Leonhard. Dawan Landry. Bernard Pollard.

I say go get the man! We have a hole there - he fits the mold we're looking for. I believe I read he was only due like 2 million this year - that's a contract the Bills should have no problem with paying (I figured he'd command 4 million a year range). I really like that safety from Syracuse, but Pollard would be an ideal fit, IMO.

Who is our backup FS? I only ask because in past years GW would shift over to FS and our backup SS would play if Byrd was out.

With GW gone, we dont have a backup FS. Could Pollard fill that role as well as start at SS? Could Searcy be backup at both positions? Is A Williams going to be the backup FS? Something to consider when building a roster

Who is our backup FS? I only ask because in past years GW would shift over to FS and our backup SS would play if Byrd was out.

With GW gone, we dont have a backup FS. Could Pollard fill that role as well as start at SS? Could Searcy be backup at both positions? Is A Williams going to be the backup FS? Something to consider when building a roster

Manva Silva, if I remember correctly. But even then, from what I've heard of Pettine's defense he tends to like playing with three safeties and mixes up their roles to make coverage harder to read.