(OT) Best remake of a classic song

Rayzer32

The cover that Nonpoint does of Phil Collins "In The Air Tonight" has to be listed IMO. They do a great heavy version without butchering the song. Of course I am more into the heavier style remakes of any song anyways. If you haven't heard it give it a listen, you might like it. :D

Another good one is Type O' Negative's remake of Seals and Crofts "Summer Breeze".

Hoping I will find some I haven't heard before from all the vast musical knowledge on TBD. :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting for a remake of "Muskrat Love" by the Carpenters, that was music! I've heard rumors that Boy George may try to remake it. Please let me know if anyone hears of any early bootlegs of this fine recording project.

Another good one is Type O' Negative's remake of Seals and Crofts "Summer Breeze". 

198059[/snapback]

Type O Negative did a good remake of "Cinnamon Girl" as well.

I love George Lynch's remake of Black Sabbath's "Paranoid". He did it with Vince Neil on vocals. Some of the best solo work I've ever heard.

The cover that Nonpoint does of Phil Collins "In The Air Tonight" has to be listed IMO.  They do a great heavy version without butchering the song.  Of course I am more into the heavier style remakes of any song anyways.  If you haven't heard it give it a listen, you might like it.  :devil:   

Hoping I will find some I haven't heard before from all the vast musical knowledge on TBD.  B-)

198059[/snapback]

I love Non Point. I have to get that remake your talking about and give it a listen. The song the do "What a Day' is one of the better songs of the last decade. IMHO of course

Type O Negative did a good remake of "Cinnamon Girl" as well. 

I love George Lynch's remake of Black Sabbath's "Paranoid".  He did it with Vince Neil on vocals.  Some of the best solo work I've ever heard.

198129[/snapback]

Lynch's "Lynch Mob" did a pretty sweet version of "Tie Your Mother Down", too.

I'm still waiting for a remake of "Muskrat Love" by the Carpenters, that was music! I've heard rumors that Boy George may try to remake it. Please let me know if anyone hears of any early bootlegs of this fine recording project.

198114[/snapback]

Wasn't that originally by America, remade to pop success by the Captain And Tennille?

How about Slayer's remake of Iron Butterfly's "Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida"?

Or Therion covering Abba's "Summer Night City".