(OT) Best remake of a classic song

Rayzer32

I don't know how many songs have been covered or by who, but have you seen Concert for George?  If you haven't, definitely pick it up (that's what I was using as a reference. All of the covers they did of his songs were phenomenal!)

198274[/snapback]

Somewhat related: George's cover of "Absolutely Sweet Marie" on the Dylan 30th Anniversary CD.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I'll give you some competition.  Trian kept a rolling by TINY BRADSHAW & HIS ORCHESTRA and re-done by Aerosmith in the 70's.  Any one here ever see the cover of this by Talas?  Buffalo's best rock cover band

198505[/snapback]

Speaking of which, how about Diamond Dave's cover of "Shy Boy?" :devil:B-)

Say, anyone remember the Circle Jerks "Golden Shower Of Hits"?

198508[/snapback]

Awesome stuff.

Love the Dickies doing insane covers of "The Bannana Splits" theme, "Paranoid", and "Nights in White Satin". Their use of "See me, Hear me" by the Who in "If Stuart Could Talk" (a song about a penis) is brilliant.

Honorable mention goes to Redd Kross (as the Tater Tots) merging Lennon's "Give Peace a Chance" with Queen's "We will Rock you"...astounding.

Also "California Sun" and "Surfin' Bird" by the Ramones goes without saying.

Iron Maiden's remake of Jethro Tull's " Cross Eyed Mary"....As far as I know,this was only available on a picture disk..I have a copy that was given to me by a DJ friend of mine...It reallly rocks and you may be able to download it somewhere...

I also like the Foo Fighters remake of Jerry Raffertey's(sp) "Baker Street"...

The cover that Nonpoint does of Phil Collins "In The Air Tonight" has to be listed IMO.  They do a great heavy version without butchering the song.  Of course I am more into the heavier style remakes of any song anyways.  If you haven't heard it give it a listen, you might like it.  :devil:   

Another good one is Type O' Negative's remake of Seals and Crofts "Summer Breeze". 

Hoping I will find some I haven't heard before from all the vast musical knowledge on TBD.  B-)

198059[/snapback]

The remake of "leaving on a jet plane" inthe Armaggedon soundtrack is AWESOME!!!! A must have!!!

Little Wing- SRV

While my guitar gently weeps- Jeff Healey

Carol- Rolling Stones

Saturday Night- The Who

Mannish Boy- Jimi

Won't back down- Pearl Jam

Elanor Rigby- Ray Charles

Working Man- Audioslave

Simple man- Shinedown

Heart of Gold- Zakk Wylde

Walk- Sevendust

Voodoo Chile- Kenny Wayne Sheppard

Oh, and before I forget... best cover band in the world: Me First And The Gimme Gimmes. All your favorite old pop classics covered as pop/punk/emo songs. Stuff like "Rocket Man", "Mandy", "Seasons In The Sun", "Sweet Caroline", "Blowin In The Wind", "Sloop John B", "I Only Want to Be With You", etc etc.

Say, anyone remember the Circle Jerks "Golden Shower Of Hits"?

198508[/snapback]

However, Goo Goo Dolls remake of "Give a Little Bit" sucks compared to the original. Supertramp is one of my FAVORITE groups!!!

Hey, If you want good music picks, hit me up, I make "hit" CD's for my friends and they just cant seem to get enough.

I'm into the heavier stuff and love when heavy bands cover a song outside their genre, especially from another band I like. Or when they cover something from one of their "idols".

War-Sepultura, originally by Bob Marley

Sweetest Perfection-Deftones, originally by Depeche Mode

Cars-Fear Factory, originally by Hary Numan

Crown of Thorns-Pearl Jam, originally by Mother Love Bone (phenom band with Stone and Jeff before PJ, truly amazing song)

Ghost of Tom Joad-Rage Against the Machine, originally by Bruce Springsteen

Damn, so many covers it's hard to pick the "best"