FREE AGENCY THREAD

Thanks Tac; nice chart. The sky isn't falling, we're being prudent. Let the teams with huge cap space blow their wads on shiny new toys that rarely live up to their hype and pay; we'll come in shortly and pick up the slightly burnt Sears active wear at a discount.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Tac; nice chart. The sky isn't falling, we're being prudent. Let the teams with huge cap space blow their wads on shiny new toys that rarely live up to their hype and pay; we'll come in shortly and pick up the slightly burnt Sears active wear at a discount.

Except the slightly burnt Sears active wear never gets the chicks, unless they're also in slightly burnt Sears active wear, in which case we don't want them.

It's a no brainer IMO. We need quality Lbs. he's a quality LB. Pettine would find a way to use him.

I agree. If the price is right get him and James Harrison. Bring some nasty to the LB corp. Draft some younger guys as well. Win now and in the future.

Edited by RyanC883

PFT reporting the dolphins were able to spend so much because they structured essentially all first year pay as signing bonus. the grand total for this year against the cap 12m, the second year cap figure on those 5 or so guys - 43m.

thats not great long term cap management and im not sure they are in a position to go "all in" this year.

Not for one :censored: second!

If they drop flynn they'll be spending peanuts on qb play compared to the rest of the contenders. Gives them room to upgrade several positions from good to great. It's an extra 20m to play with. Spending an extra 2m on 10 positions adds up - or turn 4 average starters into 4 elite guys

If they drop flynn they'll be spending peanuts on qb play compared to the rest of the contenders. Gives them room to upgrade several positions from good to great. It's an extra 20m to play with. Spending an extra 2m on 10 positions adds up - or turn 4 average starters into 4 elite guys

That's a damn good point you're raising. I'll bet they're motivated to do just that.

Seahawks aren't playing around are they?

They seem to be making a lot of moves. But as good as their defense is I think that Russell Wilson will have a sophomore slump. The league will adjust to him and he will regress a bit. Outside of Luck I think all the rookie QB's (Kapernick included) will have sophomore slumps.

They seem to be making a lot of moves. But as good as their defense is I think that Russell Wilson will have a sophomore slump. The league will adjust to him and he will regress a bit. Outside of Luck I think all the rookie QB's (Kapernick included) will have sophomore slumps.

Based on what logic?

Based on what logic?

I would guess that the teams will defend them much better. Trending and reacting is cyclical.

More than one guru has suggested the read option will be accounted for soon enough.

I am no guru though. :thumbdown:

Edited by 3rdand12

I would guess that the teams will defend them much better. Trending and reacting is cyclical.

More than one guru has suggested the read option will be accounted for soon enough.

I am no guru though. :thumbdown:

If Kaepernick and Wilson never did read option, they both be superior QBs. Especially Wilson with his smarts, arm, ball skills, mobility, footwork, and accuracy. The guy has everything you'd want in a QB except height. I foresee no slump for him.

Kaepernick is not as good at reading defenses, his footwork needs improvement, and ball handling is below Wilson's, but absent the read option, he'd be very good because of his exceptional arm strength and very good accuracy. He'll improve on these other aspects with greater experience.

Gonna have to disagree with your premise.

If Kaepernick and Wilson never did read option, they both be superior QBs. Especially Wilson with his smarts, arm, ball skills, mobility, footwork, and accuracy. The guy has everything you'd want in a QB except height. I foresee no slump for him.

Kaepernick is not as good at reading defenses, his footwork needs improvement, and ball handling is below Wilson's, but absent the read option, he'd be very good because of his exceptional arm strength and very good accuracy. He'll improve on these other aspects with greater experience.

Gonna have to disagree with your premise.

fair enough.

it was a soft toss at best

Edited by 3rdand12