Per Ed Kilgore: George Saimes has passed away

Punch

RIP Mr. Saimes All Pro member of the best defensive backfield the Bills and the AFL ever had / Butch Byrd, Booker Edgerson, Charlie Warner, and George Saimes.

Its sad to see these legends pass. Hell as a boy I had all their football cards. Its guys like George that shaped my fan-hood at a very young age. OK I was an LA Rams fan as a boy. Roman Gabriel. Billy Truax. Les Josephson, Jack Snow. The fearsome foursome. Etc. But I was very aware of the AFL Buffalo Bills. They were my 2nd favorite team back in the 60's. Not anymore. I live and breath Buffalo Bills regardless of how bad they are.

RIP George. Luv ya man. RIP.

jb

Yea, back in 2009 if I recall correctly. He was a GREAT Bill too. Loftin that ball up for Cookie Gilchrist! Damn those were the days.

jb

Glory Days!!!!

Cookie Gilcrest (fb) number sure got called alot while he was here (lookie.lookie here comes cookie) wish he was in our backfield today.

Goldenwheels Elbert Dubenion (flanker), Glenn Bass (split end) Ernie Warlick ( tightend.)andWray Carlton (hb) who scored very first Bills TD. Out scored opposition 400 to 242 going 13-2 winning 1964 championship repeted in 1965 .We all agreed they could have handled the Packers if SB had come those years.