McKelvin re-signed

Yes. My thoughts exactly. McKelvin may be at a more desirable position but he is no where near the player Levitre is.

I'm glad he's back too but if the choice was between him and Levitre then I think they screwed up.

I don't think one has to do with the other. Levitre will command much more guaranteed money.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Field position is IMO the most under-appreciated factor in football analytics. While I am miffed about Levitre, I don't view these things as binary. Paying a guy who gives the offense 20-50 fewer yards to have to gain makes sense to me, especially when he sometimes puts points on the board and fills a void on defense

Great point. Imagine if you gave Brady, Brees, Brady 30+ yards on kickoffs and 20+ after a punt. Because that's why McKelvin does. Fitz just wasn't good enough to take advantage of it.

7.5 M is all that's promised to Mckelvin. hardly a kings ransom. without him CB becomes a huge need and we'd probably have to spend one of our top 3 picks on that spot. this allows us to get help in several of our other need areas. hardly spending the wrong way.

A CB who was benched last year, on one of the worst D units in the NFL? A huge need? Really?

Everytime McLuvin is in the 2ndary, I get very nervous.

Look at the contracts of people like Devin Hester and Joshua Cribbs for example. Are they by any means great players other than their contributions on ST? No. They are both pretty crappy WR's. Hester parlayed his return prowice into 40+ million and Cribbs into 30+ million.

Hey, hey, hey enough with that logic stuff. Also forget the fact that he can play nickel and dime packages. We need to generate more panic about breaking the bank for a guard.

A CB who was benched last year, on one of the worst D units in the NFL? A huge need? Really?

I don't care if he was benched last year, this is a new coaching staff and an entirely new system. Wanny was probably one of the worst DC's in all of the NFL and our new coaches seem to think he's better than he's shown. Have it your way, let him go and we'll burn ANOTHER top 2 round pick on a CB and we can start Ron Brooks. but hey, at least our interior linemen are real good lol. ooookay.

He played very well after that benching. And the whole point is that 7.5 guaranteed money isn't a ton for arguably the Bills' 2nd most explosive player. On a team with a good QB, McKelvin would change games.

pettine has watched him for 4 years, plus I am sure he has watched a ton of tape. If he is on board then i am. I always thought mckelvin was a guy who is in position most of the time but for some reason he does not make the play . perhaps coaching will help

what people don't get is that i'll give you two andy levitre's and a pair of darrelle revis', and if your QB is Fitz you STILL arent making the playoffs. all of this freaking out over giving what will be our #2 CB 5M a season and letting a GUARD go in FA makes me laugh. it really does. Get a QB and none of this really matters.

Don't forget how much of a dreadful disappointment Cromartie was in SD before Pettine got his hands on him with the Jets.

Shhhh all of these message board GM's dont like logic.

Field position is IMO the most under-appreciated factor in football analytics. While I am miffed about Levitre, I don't view these things as binary. Paying a guy who gives the offense 20-50 fewer yards to have to gain makes sense to me, especially when he sometimes puts points on the board and fills a void on defense

+1. Plus, he had the 10th best punt return average in League history last year destroying Hesters best average by over a yard. No one had a better average since 1974. He is a HUGE weapon we need on teams and we need weapons on all sides of the ball, including special teams.

lot of folks unhappy about a lights out kick/punt returner?..........sounds like some are longing for the good old Kevin Williams days.....when every kick/punt return went for zilch and special teams was a bore.

if pettine can fix the defense, then field position will be huge. 20 mil over 4 years isn't a problem at all. It's a drop in bucket. Let's get that Levitre or Ellerbe signing done next.

Excellent. We just solidified our starting CBs; Gilmore, McKelvin, and Brooks. We have Byrd locked in (for this year at least) at FS. Searcy and possible FA at SS. Williams floating. I like it.

That's bordering on terrifying without 1-2 good players added or guys really stepping up

That's bordering on terrifying without 1-2 good players added or guys really stepping up

how much more terrifying is it without mckelvin in there? and our top three cb's being gilmore, brooks, and rogers? lol. oh but wait, then we can draft ANOTHER CB early the draft and officially be spinning our tires. cmon now