RUMORS! Get yer rumors here!

Simon

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all ground breaking. Any player not on the Jets that played D will be linked to the Bills because of Pettine.

Do they have any coaches we might want still?

Do we have all our coaches in place??

Elvis Dumervil is being asked to restructure and may be cut.

Peter King@SI_PeterKing

RT @KimJonesSports: NYG signs DT Cullen Jenkins to a three-year deal for $8 million, $3 million guaranteed. Nice pickup ... Good job, KIm.

That's a great deal for the Giants. Their deal with Chris Canty is a prime example of how to mess up free agency, in contrast.

And the Post-Dispatch reports that Amendola’s agents expect some team to offer him a contract similar to the five-year, $30.775 million deal that Brian Hartline just got from the Dolphins

That seems very doable.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-wr-danario-alexander-could-receive-low-rfa-170219758--nfl.html

Bills brought him in for a try out last season, he ended up going to SD and dominating, low tender, worth the risk?

And the Post-Dispatch reports that Amendola’s agents expect some team to offer him a contract similar to the five-year, $30.775 million deal that Brian Hartline just got from the Dolphins

That seems very doable.

http://sports.yahoo....19758--nfl.html

Bills brought him in for a try out last season, he ended up going to SD and dominating, low tender, worth the risk?

That was Robert Meachum.

Giants | Cullen Jenkins agrees to terms

Sun, 10 Mar 2013 17:11:13 -0700

The New York Giants and free-agent DL Cullen Jenkins (Eagles) agreed to a three-year contract worth $8 million Sunday, March 10, according to a league source. The deal includes a $2 million signing bonus and $3 million in guaranteed money, according to the source.

Comment | Source: ESPNNewYork.com | Share: facebook.png

Panthers | Want Jordan Gross to restructure deal

Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:57:14 -0700

The Carolina Panthers have asked OT Jordan Gross to restructure his contract in order for the team to create some salary cap space.

Comment | Source: Charlotte Observer - Joseph Person | Share: facebook.png

Browns | Two could be options for extensions

Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:47:05 -0700

The Cleveland Browns could consider approaching CB Joe Haden and FS T.J. Ward about contract extensions this offseason.

Comment | Source: The Cleveland Plain Dealer - Mary Kay Cabot | Share: facebook.png

Broncos | Robert Ayers could get more playing time

Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:33:57 -0700

The Denver Broncos likely would give DE Robert Ayers more playing time next season if they release DE Elvis Dumervil this offseason.

Comment | Source: The Denver Post - Mike Klis | Share: facebook.png

Broncos | Not much talk with Elvis Dumervil

Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:25:32 -0700

The Denver Broncos have not been in contact with Marty Magid, agent for DE Elvis Dumervil, since Magid sent the team a contract restructuring proposal Friday, March 8.

Comment | Source: The Denver Post - Mike Klis | Share: facebook.png

Ravens | James Harrison open to joining team

Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:22:26 -0700

Bill Parise, agent for free-agent LB James Harrison (Steelers), said Harrison would be interested in signing with the Baltimore Ravens. It is not known if Ravens is interested in Harrison.

Comment | Source: The Baltimore Sun - Aaron Wilson | Share: facebook.png

Colts | Expected to be in bidding war for Paul Kruger

Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:21:13 -0700

The Indianapolis Colts are expected to be in a bidding war with the Cleveland Browns for free-agent LB Paul Kruger (Ravens) once free agency begins.

Browns | Expected to be in bidding war for Paul Kruger

Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:20:30 -0700

The Cleveland Browns are expected to be in a bidding war with the Indianapolis Colts for free-agent LB Paul Kruger (Ravens) once free agency begins.

Falcons | Tony Gonzalez expected to return

Sun, 10 Mar 2013 13:51:07 -0700

Free-agent TE Tony Gonzalez (Falcons) is expected to inform the Atlanta Falcons this week that he will re-signing with the team and will return for the 2013 season.

Comment | Source: USAToday.com - Jim Corbett | Share: facebook.png

<a href="http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=843177-nfl-cullen-jenkins-hoping-to-draw-more-interest" style="text-decoration:none" target="_blank">NFL | Cullen Jenkins hoping to draw more interest

Sun, 10 Mar 2013 13:50:36 -0700

Free-agent DL Cullen Jenkins (Eagles) is hoping to draw interest from more teams after the initial flurry of free agent activity settles down later this week.

My point is this, the guy has a low tender so it will not cost much to get him, big WR put up 37rec, 658yards, and 7td in ten games, has injury history, but is big athletic type WR, why not take the risk if all it will cost is a late pick?

Ruvell Martin- 4rec, 41yards

My point is this, the guy has a low tender so it will not cost much to get him, big WR put up 37rec, 658yards, and 7td in ten games, has injury history, but is big athletic type WR, why not take the risk if all it will cost is a late pick?

Ruvell Martin- 4rec, 41yards

Agreed. I was using sarcasm. Something in play occasionally on a fan board. Honestly I didn't realize Martin's numbers were that good. I thought he was 1 catch 13 yards. I even saw it.

The Bills need receivers, there is NFL tape on the guy, sign him if there's potential. If it's a late pick, there is little to lose.

I did hear on Sirius NFL radio (sorry, no link) that Buffalo (along with Miami and St. Louis) may be in the mix for Danario Alexander again this off-season. Apparently he's a RFA, but was tendered at the lowest level, which would require no compensation to be sent to San Diego if another team signs him and they choose not to match (he was an undrafted free agent).

It wouldn't surprise me since they brought him in mid-season for a tryout...perhaps a decent offer (i.e. $3M-$4M/year) gets it done.

I saw a Twitter this morning that Takeo Spikes told an ESPN radio interviewer that Buffalo has the best fans in the NFL.

Pretty cool of him to say, but I just started to wonder. We need LBs. He knows this. He's a UFA. Maybe he was just trying to butter up the Bills FO to get them to make an offer?

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Vikings trying to trade WR Percy Harvin and are in discussions with Seahawks, amongst other teams, per team sources. Seahawks favored.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

And so the first blockbuster trade of the week is shaping up to involve...Percy Harvin. Imagine Harvin, Russell Wilson and Beastmode.