Jairus Byrd--think he'll be traded?

JTO

THE BILLS are getting bargain price with BYRDS franchise tag ..with are the cuts at his position ,woodson, gamble, wilson,the tag cost is lowering .those were the top salaries at his postion so his tag number is dropping so far nearly 500k is being estimated.,sign byrd dont B word!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four picks for one player (who will get 7m/year, and probably 15m guaranteed) is different from the Whitner/Ginn deals. Whitner's getting 11.5m over three years. The 49ers traded a fifth for Ginn, who's only getting about 2m/year. You don't give up a first, second, and fourth for a safety making that kind of money, even an All-Pro.

It's happened before, it'll happen again - not betting on Byrd to the 9ers but trades of the sort can happen

THE BILLS are getting bargain price with BYRDS franchise tag ..with are the cuts at his position ,woodson, gamble, wilson,the tag cost is lowering .those were the top salaries at his postion so his tag number is dropping so far nearly 500k is being estimated.,sign byrd dont B word!

2 corners and a safety not likely in the top 5 salaries this year won't effect him...

Goldson and Landry signing might bring it up even

Edited by NoSaint

It's happened before, it'll happen again - not betting on Byrd to the 9ers but trades of the sort can happen

2 corners and a safety not likely in the top 5 salaries this year won't effect him...

Goldson and Landry signing might bring it up even

The franchise tag number shouldn't effect him at all.

Because the Bills should be working out a long term deal.

No because the likelihood of anybody trading multiple picks for a guy on a 1 year deal isn't very high.

The tender does not mean much outside of guaranteed compensation if Byrd were to sign an offer sheet...Which no team would do knowing they would have to give up 2 1st Round picks...I'm uncertain if this changed with the new CBA, but in the past teams could negotiate trades concerning tendered players...This allowed the new team to sign the player for market value without having to give up a King's ransom...It also allowed the team losing the player to negotiate fair compensation...This scenario never took place unless the player was getting a new long-term deal...So it was kind of a win, win, win when it was clear the old team was not going to pony up the cash for a long-term deal... B-)

With delmas, bigby, both landrys, goldson, possibly Ed reed, etc.... I just don't think someone will trade the high pick for a safety. He's really a great player but there's a big market out there to shop at. Some quality ones in the draft too.

With delmas, bigby, both landrys, goldson, possibly Ed reed, etc.... I just don't think someone will trade the high pick for a safety. He's really a great player but there's a big market out there to shop at. Some quality ones in the draft too.

Yea this draft is loaded at Safety Vaccaro,Elam,Williams,Rambo etc etc.

Keep in mind that Byrd's agent is Eugene Parker who doesn't play nice with Brandon and Overdorf. Remember the Jason Peters fiasco?

It's certainly within the realm of possibility that Parker advises Byrd to hold out if they can't reach a long term deal.

If the situation gets messy, the Bills may decide to swing a trade to make it some other team's problem.

I'm not saying that's likely to happen but it wouldn't be the first time something like that has gone down.

If I were the bills gm if I could land a first round pick for byrd I will so do it..i would draft his replacement in a player like matt elam from florida and save much more cap space at the sametime for other fa picks up

As others have said though, there are a lot of good safeties available in both free agency and the draft this year so a trade for Byrd is probably unlikely.

Keep in mind that Byrd's agent is Eugene Parker who doesn't play nice with Brandon and Overdorf. Remember the Jason Peters fiasco?

It's certainly within the realm of possibility that Parker advises Byrd to hold out if they can't reach a long term deal.

If the situation gets messy, the Bills may decide to swing a trade to make it some other team's problem.

I'm not saying that's likely to happen but it wouldn't be the first time something like that has gone down.

You can't hold out in 2013.

That's the new CBA.

If you don't report by week1 you lose I think multiple years now.

Listen. Byrd IS a 1st round pick. He plays like a 1st rounder. He's a proven NFL player. Not a prospect. You don't trade a proven player for a low 1st rounder or a 2nd. You trade him for 2 or even 3 picks. If they do trade him and it's for any less than 3 picks, it's a giant step backwards.