Jermichael Finley

hooper

Finley is not willing to take a pay cut. May be available for trade or might get released before his roster bonus is set to be paid. He would not be cheap, but his is productive and is only 25. Scott Chandler is still recovering from his surgery and may not be back by week 1. If the Bills cut Chandler it would save them 3 mil in cap space to go after a guy like this. Your thoughts??

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well #1 no way does he just get released, they definitely find a trade partner for him and get something in return, or call his bluff and he sits... but secondly, how much are we willing to pay to our new #2 WR who is a big body and can make catches while covered? About 7 mil? Wouldn't that almost get it done, plus we could grab a WR in the deep class by round 3 and bam, quality passing game.

Oh except for that pesky QB thing...

In GB they spread the ball around to many targets, in any other place this guy would be putting up monster numbers...I'm sick of the cost too much talk, got to spend money to bring in the talent, Bennett and Davis are good.. Finley is well beyond and has yet to hit his peak.

A thousand times yes. Young and one of the most productive tight ends in the game. Speed to split the seems. The only downside is "he won't be cheap"

and he has terrible hands, but I'd be willing to take a flyer- he's 10.9 average per catch is a little bit of a worry for such a monster (chandler 13.3) and he's a bit of a bad apple, with Chandler out injured we have no tight end

For a 6th I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him. But its a lot to give up a higher pick for guy who can be a bit of a malcontent and is coming off a very off year.

He had a career high in receptions his yards and td's where down last year though

and he has terrible hands, but I'd be willing to take a flyer- he's 10.9 average per catch is a little bit of a worry for such a monster (chandler 13.3) and he's a bit of a bad apple, with Chandler out injured we have no tight end

How does a guy who's caught over 50 passes as a te 3 of the last 4 years have "Terrible hands"

The guy is talented, but always seems to be nicked and misses time. I'd rather target Bennett.

He's been healthy the last 2 years

Patently undependable player who has a propensity for saying things in the media that he shouldn't.

He suffers untimely drops, was never able to develop a strong chemistry with Rodgers and in fact Rodgers never trusted him to see the play on the same wavelength. The two were passive aggressive towards each other in the media. Rodgers started going more to Finley only when Green Bay suffered a rash of injuries to their wideouts.

He's a semi-diva who has underachieved his immense talents.

Pass.

Patently undependable player who has a propensity for saying things in the media that he shouldn't.

He suffers untimely drops, was never able to develop a strong chemistry with Rodgers and in fact Rodgers never trusted him to see the play on the same wavelength. The two were passive aggressive towards each other in the media. Rodgers started going more to Finley only when Green Bay suffered a rash of injuries to their wideouts.

He's a semi-diva who has underachieved his immense talents.

Pass.

Bingo.

On the plus side, we could run a pool on injuries vs. complaints to the press. It would be a close race.

I'm surprised this is getting shot down, who cares if they hate him in GB, he produces..Chandler is gone, and will be for awhile, so at this point all the Bills have is Stevie, I would be willing to part with a 3rd round pick for him, just think about it, its like TJ Graham for Finley, thats a steal

I'm surprised this is getting shot down, who cares if they hate him in GB, he produces..Chandler is gone, and will be for awhile, so at this point all the Bills have is Stevie, I would be willing to part with a 3rd round pick for him, just think about it, its like TJ Graham for Finley, thats a steal

Yup. It's not about if GB thinks he's necessary or not...we literally have 1 passing threat. We need to get more production from receivers

He had a career high in receptions his yards and td's where down last year though

How does a guy who's caught over 50 passes as a te 3 of the last 4 years have "Terrible hands"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-packers-release-jermichael-finley-2012-season-161614350--nfl.html

19 drops out of 166 passes is terrible.

I've proposed this for months - and Fred Davis was brought up, as well, who I think would be terrific for this offense, too. Finley has exactly what I want in a TE: he's really fast, and he's big, and he can catch. He is a TE who can make big differences in a game, and for Buffalo, coupled with a second, big, fast WR, could be an enormous positive.

Fred Davis wouldn't be a bad alternative.

A third rounder and a contract which will pay him one more season at $7 million.

Then he'll be a free agent and then what?

The franchise tag for a tight end is $6.7 million but no, Jermichael wants to be paid like a wide receiver, the very reason he signed for more than the tight end franchise tag with the Packers.

At best we'll have him for one year and then he'll insist yet again on being overpaid.

Good organizations don't throw money at players like Jermichael Finley.

Edit: His 2013 compensation is $8.25 million.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4717/jermichael-finley

You've obviously never had him on your fantasy team. It's literally what he's most known for at this point. And he had a nagging shoulder injury all last year.

Isn't it amusing how we scrutinize our own players to death and just blindly assume that guys on other team are great players?

Scott Chandler is a better tight end than Jermichael Finley. Period. End of story.