Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley last 2yrs

Geno senior yr 42 tds 6 ints 71.2 comp sacked 19 times

Barcley senior year 36tds 15 ints 63.6 comp sacked14 times

Geno junior year 31 tds 7 ints 65.8 comp sacked 26

Barcley 39 tds 7 ints 69.1 comp sacked 8 times

I think the pick at 8 has to be either one. But as Buffalo always has done lately we will pick a second tier q.b. .

No the others aren`t as good and we will once again be kicking ourselves for not picking these boys.

Lets go Boofalo.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geno's got the gun. And he's fast. Better athlete. He's the only one who is worth taking in the first.

I looked at alot of Barkleys throws and he also throws a great deep ball. Go to youtube and check him out.His pump fakes are great.Sacked alot less also. Quicker reads. I `ll take either one at 8.

I looked at alot of Barkleys throws and he also throws a great deep ball. Go to youtube and check him out.His pump fakes are great.Sacked alot less also. Quicker reads. I `ll take either one at 8.

I'm beginning to feel the same way. I am partial to Smith but just want a QB to set the future in motion for the Bills. They've been treading water at this position since it became clear that Losman didn't have it.

Stats again... why not just look at "highlight" reels over and over.... The real test is, how does a player look when faced with adversity by being down in the game by 20 points ? Can the QB make a comeback and win the game?

He appeared to be a shoo-in for the Heisman Trophy during a red-hot start to 2012, but then ran into significant issues in blowout losses to Texas Tech and Kansas State.

Over the first five games (five wins), he completed 81.4% of his passes with an astonishing 24-to-0 TD-to-INT ratio. Then, against Texas Tech and K-State, Smith had just a 57.5% completions and two touchdowns, along with his first two interceptions of the season.

In those two games, the opposing offenses jumped out to big leads and Smith struggled to rally his team and answer with the big plays that wowed us earlier this season. Against the Wildcats, he appeared hesitant and a tad gun-shy with his longest completion going for just 13 yards.

Smith stayed tough in the pocket, but his mental toughness has been questioned as he appeared uncontrollably discouraged on the sideline and had little answers for Kansas State's good, but far from great defense.

Despite his gaudy statistics, there are some warts to Smith's game. He takes virtually every snap from shotgun, is inconsistent with his set-up and delivery, often throwing off his back foot and has only average accuracy, at this time, on deeper throws -- especially those that require touch.

I don't like either QB in the first round with that #8 pick, both have too many question marks. I'd rather see the bills take an OT, Guard Chance Warmack, WR, LBer at #8 and then trade back into the first for Ryan Nassib who beat Geno Smith in the pin strip bowl.

Watch this game and then tell me which is the better QB.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27_09VIL3d8

http://www.cbssports...players/1664302

Nassib didn't have a #1 draft pick at WR to throw to all season in Tavon Auston like Geno Smith did.

Edited by FeartheLosing

what would be awesome is if the bills could trade down and still get one of the two but i dont think theyd want to risk a team like the jests nab one before they have a chance to get to them. so yeah, if either one is still there at eight im thinking the bills really have to just bite the bullet and take them

what would be awesome is if the bills could trade down and still get one of the two but i dont think theyd want to risk a team like the jests nab one before they have a chance to get to them. so yeah, if either one is still there at eight im thinking the bills really have to just bite the bullet and take them

Thats right.

Stats again... why not just look at "highlight" reels over and over.... The real test is, how does a player look when faced with adversity by being down in the game by 20 points ? Can the QB make a comeback and win the game?

He appeared to be a shoo-in for the Heisman Trophy during a red-hot start to 2012, but then ran into significant issues in blowout losses to Texas Tech and Kansas State.

Over the first five games (five wins), he completed 81.4% of his passes with an astonishing 24-to-0 TD-to-INT ratio. Then, against Texas Tech and K-State, Smith had just a 57.5% completions and two touchdowns, along with his first two interceptions of the season.

In those two games, the opposing offenses jumped out to big leads and Smith struggled to rally his team and answer with the big plays that wowed us earlier this season. Against the Wildcats, he appeared hesitant and a tad gun-shy with his longest completion going for just 13 yards.

Smith stayed tough in the pocket, but his mental toughness has been questioned as he appeared uncontrollably discouraged on the sideline and had little answers for Kansas State's good, but far from great defense.

Despite his gaudy statistics, there are some warts to Smith's game. He takes virtually every snap from shotgun, is inconsistent with his set-up and delivery, often throwing off his back foot and has only average accuracy, at this time, on deeper throws -- especially those that require touch.

I don't like either QB in the first round with that #8 pick, both have too many question marks. I'd rather see the bills take an OT, Guard Chance Warmack, WR, LBer at #8 and then trade back into the first for Ryan Nassib who beat Geno Smith in the pin strip bowl.

Watch this game and then tell me which is the better QB....

Nassib didn't have a #1 draft pick at WR to throw to all season in Tavon Auston like Geno Smith did.

Austin is an iffy #1 due to size. If he were 6-3 with those results and speed he'd be a top 5 pick.

I quibble with the notion that Smith isn't worth the #8 pick. The question is: is he worth the only pick the Bills have in the first round? Draft pick value games should be very secondary, and potential value to your team has to be the driver of the conversation. Warmack looks awesome but the Bills could just keep the excellent guard they have without creating a hole and welcoming rookie mistakes on the OL.

Let's not base our reasoning of taking Nassib on the Pinstripe Bowl. He threw for 127. Mighta had a pick too. Syracuse just ran all over WV.

But something above struck me before when I read it. Geno Smith was discouraged in a loss. If the kid is not a leader, it's going to be a tough go in the NFL, no mater how athletic he is. Neither of the top QBs check all the boxes. I'd hate to pass of a HOF anything for a middliing QB just because we need one. Even if we need one real bad.

I'd put money on the Bills drafting a QB in the 2nd.

<snip>

That's what we need in Buffalo, a QB we still like watching when we're down by 20 points! I think you just nailed Russ Brandon's input to the drafting process... :lol:

Watch this game and then tell me which is the better QB....

Did you really just say you'd take Nassib over Geno?? I just want to make sure I can read....

Austin is an iffy #1 due to size. If he were 6-3 with those results and speed he'd be a top 5 pick.

I quibble with the notion that Smith isn't worth the #8 pick. The question is: is he worth the only pick the Bills have in the first round? Draft pick value games should be very secondary, and potential value to your team has to be the driver of the conversation.

I think you hit the nail right on the head with the bolded statement...And that's why I've been saying for some time, IF Geno is there at #8...The Bills almost have to take him...This Franchise is in a situation that, embarrassingly so, is unique in comparison to almost any other NFL team...They have virtually nothing at the QB position, and they have not Drafted a QB since 2007 (yes I'm still not counting Levi Brown)...They have next-to-nothing at the top or bottom of the depth chart...So how can they pass on taking the #1 rated QB in this Draft?...I could see some other teams with poor starters, but a young guy behind them passing on a QB early...But the Bills almost cannot afford to pass...The situation is dire, and that's an understatement...The value of Geno Smith to the Buffalo Bills would be almost invaluable...It would give them a little depth a QB, and more than anything it would give us hope... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Geno's got the gun. And he's fast. Better athlete. He's the only one who is worth taking in the first.

Barkley has a gun. Geno gets sacked more but is more mobile = worse decision making. Also Geno does his best Fitz impersonation short hopping throws or under/ over throwing wide open WR's.

I go barkley over Geno

Barkley has a gun. Geno gets sacked more but is more mobile = worse decision making. Also Geno does his best Fitz impersonation short hopping throws or under/ over throwing wide open WR's.

I go barkley over Geno

Barkley has a gun? Geno has worse decision making? How many USC games did you watch this past season? I live in SoCal. SC is on just about every week. Barkley has an okay arm. Woods and Lee get a lot of yards after catch. And Barkley made many questionable decisions this season. He's okay. Smith is okay. But between the two Smith has the stronger natural arm. He's also the better athlete.

There are things to like about Barkley, but over Smith? No. If Smith is gone then Barkley enters the discussion w/Wilson, Nassib, etc... Truth? Barkley reminds me a lot of Fitz w/out the wheels.

Edited by purple haze

It's not brain surgery. Geno Smith or Matt Barkley are nowhere near as big a risk in round one as Maybin was. Just take the shot and get a damn quarterback in here.

This is spot on. Especially when picking outside of the top 5.

I mean any guy you pick is going to have questions about his game. I would rather pick a QB at 8 and have the CHANCE he turns into our next franchise QB then pick another guy who MAY turn into our next franchise MLB, CB, WR, or whatever other position we are trying to fill with the pick.

Geno or Barkley both have the tools to be very good to maybe even great QB's in the NFL. They could aslo not pan out.

This is spot on. Especially when picking outside of the top 5.

I mean any guy you pick is going to have questions about his game. I would rather pick a QB at 8 and have the CHANCE he turns into our next franchise QB then pick another guy who MAY turn into our next franchise MLB, CB, WR, or whatever other position we are trying to fill with the pick.

Geno or Barkley both have the tools to be very good to maybe even great QB's in the NFL. They could aslo not pan out.

And it's not going to pan out if they don't try. If they don't get a QB in rounds 1 or 2 it's proof that they are too afraid to make a mistake to legitimately advance this franchise.

Did you really just say you'd take Nassib over Geno?? I just want to make sure I can read....

Some of you are so enamored with stats you fail to see if the player is a WINNER!! This franchise has had enough losers the last 20 years

Let's not base our reasoning of taking Nassib on the Pinstripe Bowl. He threw for 127. Mighta had a pick too. Syracuse just ran all over WV.

Nassib had 5 comeback wins, and wasn't in a high scoring potent offensive system. Didn't have a blazing WR at his disposal like Geno Smith did in Tevon Austin. Who will be a 1st round WR this year.

But something above struck me before when I read it. Geno Smith was discouraged in a loss. If the kid is not a leader, it's going to be a tough go in the NFL, no mater how athletic he is. Neither of the top QBs check all the boxes. I'd hate to pass of a HOF anything for a middling QB just because we need one. Even if we need one real bad.

I'd put money on the Bills drafting a QB in the 2nd.

Exactamundo. If you gotta take a chance on one of these not so great QB's. Trust me, all of them have issues. Take a player you KNOW is going to be very good with that #8 OT, OG, WR, LB, and take the chance on one of several QB's that can be had in the 2nd round., Yea, I'd take Nassib over Geno Smith, just not at #8, because I see big time fail written all over Geno.

Barkley is minime of Fitz, same smart guy, hight / weight and noodle arm.