Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley last 2yrs

Some of you are so enamored with stats you fail to see if the player is a WINNER!! This franchise has had enough losers the last 20 years

Exactamundo. If you gotta take a chance on one of these not so great QB's. Trust me, all of them have issues. Take a player you KNOW is going to be very good with that #8 OT, OG, WR, LB, and take the chance on one of several QB's that can be had in the 2nd round., Yea, I'd take Nassib over Geno Smith, just not at #8, because I see big time fail written all over Geno.

Barkley is minime of Fitz, same smart guy, hight / weight and noodle arm.

Nassib is a winner and Geno Smith is not. But Barkley is a winner but he isn't because he's like Fitz. Jesus Christ.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nassib is a winner and Geno Smith is not. But Barkley is a winner but he isn't because he's like Fitz. Jesus Christ.

Exactly ,some these people on here,remind me of past Bills adm. Its Geno or Barkley . If not try ,try again. Alot of these top picks are ruined with shitz coaching though.

And it's not going to pan out if they don't try. If they don't get a QB in rounds 1 or 2 it's proof that they are too afraid to make a mistake to legitimately advance this franchise.

My question is what does Nix have to lose? It is a belief that this is his last draft before Whaley gets promoted to acting GM. Nix could pick the QB with Whaley and then turn the operation over to Whaley. If it works out Nix has a legacy he can be proud of.

If not Whaley goes and picks his guy in two years.

The Bills have to try and get a QB who could be your franchise guy, instead of thinking some miracle is going to happen and retreads will become the next Kelly.

While I would agree that Barkley stepped up in big games whereas Geno Smith folded. The comparison i made with Fitz & Barkley had to do with his smarts, hight and weight and limited arm strength, Not with his winning, and that is over rated in college. Just ask JaMarcus Russell, Vince Young, Matt Leinart

The thing is, we have to see what Barkley does at his pro day because he didn't throw at the combine. Wanna know what the scouts are saying?

NFL Draft Rumors

Feb. 20: I've heard from multiple sources that NFL teams are souring on USC quarterbacks because they are viewed more as Hollywood stars than football players. Matt Barkley's decision not to throw at the Combine has prompted similar sentiments from two scouts:

"Here we go again, another L.A. movie star quarterback who needs his own day to throw," a veteran scout told Yahoo!

"And you wonder why guys from Southern California (are bad)?" a veteran team executive said. "Everything is like they have to draw attention to themselves."

When Barkley not being cleared was mentioned, the executive just grew angrier.

"I'm telling you, it's always [something] with guys from down there… not just USC, the whole area. I don't know what it is."

Want another Mark Sanchez / Matt Leinart (37-2 as a starter at USC)? I thought the Bills had enough of the So Cal boys with Trent Edwards / Rob Johnson

Hey, the guy could be a future great NFL player as I have NFC, and am not a scout. I just go by what I see on the field and read from the scouts. I just prefer Nassib / Bray / Glennon

Watch the video on Barkley before you repeat things like, "noodle arm". Before I'd gone and done my own research I thought only what I'd been reading - that Barkley had a weak arm. Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised when I watched him hit WR's IN STRIDE with passes that sailed 40 yards or more IN THE AIR! He was making every throw an NFL QB would need to make. Fitz can't make some of these throws - Barkley CAN. This kid is not limited by his arm strength. And, he's used to a pro style offense, he's a leader, a winner, and he's amazingly accurate.

If Buffalo has a shot at Barkley I just cannot imagine them passing him up - he'd be a GODSEND to a franchise in need of a QB. Bills fans should wake up to this - he'd be the answer we've all been looking for.

Obviously.....intangibles cannot be charted.

You're so goddamn smart...

Except you ain't. I get you, smart guy, I know what you are. Straight as a corkscrew, Mr. Indside-Outsky. Like a goddamn bolshevik, picking up your orders from Yegg Central. You think you're so goddamn smart. You joined up with Johnny Caspar. You bumped Bernie Bernbaum. Up is down. Black is white. Well, I think you're half-smart. I think you were straight with your frail and queer with Johnny Caspar. And I think you'd sooner join a Ladie's League than gun a guy down.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Wouldn't bother me to see them draft two QB's. Its hard for me to decide on which two, or know who'll be available but it would minimize the "bust" potential at the position. We need a guy that is at least as good as Fitz (hopefully a lot better) right out of the chute.

jb

Watch the video on Barkley before you repeat things like, "noodle arm". Before I'd gone and done my own research I thought only what I'd been reading - that Barkley had a weak arm. Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised when I watched him hit WR's IN STRIDE with passes that sailed 40 yards or more IN THE AIR! He was making every throw an NFL QB would need to make. Fitz can't make some of these throws - Barkley CAN. This kid is not limited by his arm strength. And, he's used to a pro style offense, he's a leader, a winner, and he's amazingly accurate.

If Buffalo has a shot at Barkley I just cannot imagine them passing him up - he'd be a GODSEND to a franchise in need of a QB. Bills fans should wake up to this - he'd be the answer we've all been looking for.

This. And Barkley has also said his arm is stronger now. Before the injury. Nasty Nassib is the horrible deep ball throwing qb. He sure fumbles alot also. Khaseem Greene had fun with him in his game against him.

I'm not here to say this QB or that QB. I like Geno, could live with Barkley or Nassib, not huge on Glennon, kinda like Dysert late. However, the point of my post is this: we need to address this issue and I increasingly think we should do it at 8.

My reasoning is that we always seem to be picking in this 8-11 area. Therefore, every year we do not have an opportunity to grab the best talent at QB. This year we may. I understand the talent is not like other years and there are question marks. I get that. But ignoring the position as KOK has mentioned a number of times cannot continue. It is the most important position in football. Period. My fear is that by waiting until the second round, we will lose out again.

I also do not want to trade up into the first in a Losman like panic move. That type of thinking has set us back, as we all know. I guess, bottom line, I don't want to look back on this draft and say, "we got screwed again". If we take a QB at 8, it will give me some confidence that we are truly headed in a different direction.

Edited by Marauder24

Worst. Preview. Ever.

Barkley answered can you be Brady/manning with "I want to be and think I can be that kind of player by putting in the work like they do"

Geno described his legacy as "a hard worker that's humble and wanted to win every game"

And they showed like 3 passes from each

Quotes above totally paraphrased but get the gist of the answers.

Worst. Preview. Ever.

Barkley answered can you be Brady/manning with "I want to be and think I can be that kind of player by putting in the work like they do"

Geno described his legacy as "a hard worker that's humble and wanted to win every game"

Yup I also tuned in. Thanks just the same for the heads up though.

jb

Worst. Preview. Ever.

Did they cut to a bit on what Tebow ate for breakfast before church?