Best mock I've seen.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping Geno Smith is long gone when Buffalo picks simply because Mike Mayock says he has too many holes in his game to be taken at #8. The guy should be the 15th to 25th pick and not a top ten.

I'd rather see the bills take an OT, WR, LB, and a QB in the 2nd or trade back into the first and take the QB

I'm hoping Geno Smith is long gone when Buffalo picks simply because Mike Mayock says he has too many holes in his game to be taken at #8. The guy should be the 15th to 25th pick and not a top ten.

I'd rather see the bills take an OT, WR, LB, and a QB in the 2nd or trade back into the first and take the QB

Yea,I'm still trying to figure out what the hell Mayock is talking about.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013_5.php

1. Geno Smith QB WV

2. DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson

3. Jordan Reed TE Florida

4. Jon Bostic ILB Florida

5. Cornelius Washington DE Georgia

This would be the ideal result....no draft would end this perfect. Hopkins Stevie Spiller and Geno w a real TE ? This would be fun

Bostics not terrible at LB

This would be the ideal result....no draft would end this perfect. Hopkins Stevie Spiller and Geno w a real TE ? This would be fun

Bostics not terrible at LB

I like Bostic a lot in the 4th. Edited by BillsInMaine

lol at geno shouldnt be a top 10 maybe 15-20 but not top 10. 5 spots in the draft dont really matter if the guy is gonna be a franchise player. idk if he is or not but if they think he is they shouldnt pass cause its 8th and not 15th

I'm hoping they take a LB at #8, not a QB or WR. Take whatever top line QB is left in round 2, then take another LB in round 3, and a WR in 4 that they can bring along. A WR takes a year or two to develop. We really need a #1 (Johnson is really a #2 or even a slot guy), but I'm hoping we get a good, starting WR in FA to pair with Johnson this year while Graham or this year's draft choice pans out. Then next year, we might very well be taking a QB again but in RD 1 and even another WR in RD 2.

You would take him at 15 but not at 8? If he's a first round talent and has the possibility to be solid player at the most important position on the field then you draft the guy at 8.

Geno is the only clear top 10 QB in this draft, in my opinion. I think he and Ryan Tannehill are close as far as both of them going out of college. I would take Geno at 8 if he's there without hesitation.

I think one of Geno, Patterson, Warmack (if Levitre walks) or Jordan will be the pick (if the draft were tomorrow). I would prefer not Warmack, just because that'd mean we wouldn't have the need for him. I would personally take Glennon at 8 as well, but I understand why people don't see him as a top 10 pick.

I just don't see Geno falling to us. If eagles pass on him, Cards will take him.

If he does fall to us, I'd take him in a heartbeat. Even with the Jeckle/hyde senior year he had.

Or the raiders, jags, browns or another team trading up to pick before us, a team that needs a QB desperately,

You would take him at 15 but not at 8? If he's a first round talent and has the possibility to be solid player at the most important position on the field then you draft the guy at 8.

Exactly. 8th, 15th, no big difference. Either you think he has what it takes or you don't. If you do, you take him at 8. If you don't, you don't even take him at 15. It's the 1 position that it doesn't matter where he's selected. You think he's got a chance to be a good QB in the nfl or you don't.

What I'm saying is I don't like the guy at all, and not even at 15-20. I see better value in other players at other positions

lol at geno shouldnt be a top 10 maybe 15-20 but not top 10. 5 spots in the draft dont really matter if the guy is gonna be a franchise player. idk if he is or not but if they think he is they shouldnt pass cause its 8th and not 15th

Let me clarify then. I don't like Geno Smith at all, not in the first round.

What Mayock is saying is this guy is not a blue chip player (franchise player), and will have difficulties in the NFL just like he did in blow out loses to Texas tech and Kansas st. What happened in those two games is that the opponent got the lead and Smith couldn't bring his team from behind.. So what happened to that great play maker when he suddenly faced adversity? Neither of those two teams had great defenses either. His great offense couldn't even beat Ryan Nassib in the pin stripe bowl.

"Despite his gaudy statistics, there are some warts to Smith's game. He takes virtually every snap from shotgun, is inconsistent with his set-up and delivery, often throwing off his back foot and has only average accuracy, at this time, on deeper throws -- especially those that require touch."

http://www.cbssports...players/1664302

I look at Geno Smith and just don't see a Cam Newton or RG3 and a top 10 pick. I hope Arizona steals him away one pick ahead of Buffalo

Edited by FeartheLosing

When does Gruden camp air on TV? Maybe we'll learn something then.

DStebb's draft is FIRE! He has all the players I'd like to draft except I'd take the offensive tackle first, then D's draft minus the kicker.

What I'm saying is I don't like the guy at all, and not even at 15-20. I see better value in other players at other positions

Let me clarify then. I don't like Geno Smith at all, not in the first round.

What Mayock is saying is this guy is not a blue chip player (franchise player), and will have difficulties in the NFL just like he did in blow out loses to Texas tech and Kansas st. What happened in those two games is that the opponent got the lead and Smith couldn't bring his team from behind.. So what happened to that great play maker when he suddenly faced adversity? Neither of those two teams had great defenses either. His great offense couldn't even beat Ryan Nassib in the pin stripe bowl.

"Despite his gaudy statistics, there are some warts to Smith's game. He takes virtually every snap from shotgun, is inconsistent with his set-up and delivery, often throwing off his back foot and has only average accuracy, at this time, on deeper throws -- especially those that require touch."

http://www.cbssports...players/1664302

I look at Geno Smith and just don't see a Cam Newton or RG3 and a top 10 pick. I hope Arizona steals him away one pick ahead of Buffalo

Most college football QB's need to clean up thier mechanics. A ton of them rarely play under center,and for every throw he missed,theirs 2 where he dropped the ball on a guy in stride,or put a beautiful pass in a tight window.

I am with you, with the exception that I think a trade back into round 1 will cost too much. I would not be interested in trading this year's 2nd and next year's 2nd (for example) to back into round one to take any of these QBs. If they feel that they absolutely *have* to grab one of these guys, I'd sit tight in round 2 and take whoever is left of Nassib, Manuel and Tyler Wilson.