Coach K is the worst

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed.

So, what if a visiting coach feels that the safety of his players is threatened by the proximity of the f'ng dork Cameron Crazies, what will Coach K say then?

Coach K would be pretty honest and upfront about it. People forget this guy is not just a big bobbling moron political type slime bag like Dean Smith was... He comes from Bobby Knight's tree and it shows up when he has to tell it like it is.

If you want to talk about how bad Coach K is, look at Dean Smith. Ask true Carolina fans, ask people associated with Carolina basketball, ask a few NBA'ers or a coach from the NBA to tell you about good ol' boy Dean. If he did not get you to his school, and he'd seen your transcripts chances are he's going to alert the NCAA Clearing House. The money that went to players in Deans tenure was just as much as any other school across the country - every school cheats. Dean Smith, just like Gary Williams, Roy Williams, Skip Prosser, Bobby Cremins, etc...they all ain't clean. But Dean Smith has a special place in the cheaters book for not just flat out cheating but doing it with such vitriol. And, I really liked UNC until about 2007 when I had enough from the Carolina fans here always bellyaching about their team not getting respect, or calls, or crying about how Wake, Duke, NCSU, insert other here shouldn't be ranked higher then UNC. Yeah... it's amazing how dense people are here. They remind me of Pats fans.

K at one time whined that there is a double standard in the ACC - one for UNC and Dean Smith, and another for the rest of the conference. I wonder if he still feels the same, or whether he would take offense if Mark Gottfried or Tony Bennett said that UNC and Duke are the beneficiaries of ACC favoritism.

I'd love to see the foul & FT numbers for Duke's games. You would think that a jump shooting team wouldn't draw many fouls, or get to the line very often.

One of these years, Duke will struggle, and I wouldn't be surprised if K's bad back/exhaustion is triggered as a result.

I am sorry if somebody already pointed this out, I read most of the thread, but didn't see this point made...and, honeslty, the one I think Coch K was making....

It isn't so much the damage that could be done from injury during a jubulant celebration that he is worried about...his concern seemed to be more about fans getting in the face of opposing players/coaches, and the possiblity of an incedent occurring between fans and coaches/players....emotions, no doubt, are often at their rawest right after a loss...I think Coach K is right on...and I am by no means a Duke fan...what he is saying just makes sense. But, hey, I think the NFL and other pro leauges are crazy for madating certain accessabiltiy to media right after games...it is just asking for trouble that makes everyone look bad.

So Mr. I get all of the calls and berate the refs at every opportunity is mad his team got stomped by the UVA Cavaliers last night.

Now he's flaming everyone over the fans storming the court? Quit crying you baby.

Everyone knows UVA is going to storm the court, and IIRC there have not been any injuried over "courtstorming"

Can't stand this SOB............GO HEELS!

I guess some things never change. My ex-wife went to UNC 25 years ago and had the same kind of stories about Coach K yelling at the kids.

I guess some things never change. My ex-wife went to UNC 25 years ago and had the same kind of stories about Coach K yelling at the kids.

A guy I work with sat behind Dukes bench for an NC State game. He is an alum of NCSU. Said the whole time they just harassed the Duke team and coaches to where Coach K would not sit down because they kept whispering insults and making fun of him. After the game he told them that the need to get some manners and called them a "bunch of brats."

There really is not much wrong with yelling at stupid college kids. :nana:

Nice. Of course the Hoos lose to Boston College after beating Duke .

Tough to win on the road in the ACC this year.

That's your're standard goverment issued Virginia team. They pull this stunt every year.

That wasn't my question.

If you question is what should Duke's reaction be to visitors feeling afraid due to the proximity of fans in the stands I think that the answer would be something along the lines of "grow a set." There is a big difference between what happens in the stands and what happens on the court.

Coach K would be pretty honest and upfront about it. People forget this guy is not just a big bobbling moron political type slime bag like Dean Smith was... He comes from Bobby Knight's tree and it shows up when he has to tell it like it is.

If you want to talk about how bad Coach K is, look at Dean Smith. Ask true Carolina fans, ask people associated with Carolina basketball, ask a few NBA'ers or a coach from the NBA to tell you about good ol' boy Dean. If he did not get you to his school, and he'd seen your transcripts chances are he's going to alert the NCAA Clearing House. The money that went to players in Deans tenure was just as much as any other school across the country - every school cheats. Dean Smith, just like Gary Williams, Roy Williams, Skip Prosser, Bobby Cremins, etc...they all ain't clean. But Dean Smith has a special place in the cheaters book for not just flat out cheating but doing it with such vitriol. And, I really liked UNC until about 2007 when I had enough from the Carolina fans here always bellyaching about their team not getting respect, or calls, or crying about how Wake, Duke, NCSU, insert other here shouldn't be ranked higher then UNC. Yeah... it's amazing how dense people are here. They remind me of Pats fans.

I don't know. I have no doubt Dean Smith bent the rules but that is a pretty heavy accusation you are making against a guy that to my knowledge has never been brought up on an investigation in his 36 years of coaching.

As far as Duke, it is a weird school. It is located right on tobacco road but is considered more of an East Coast Northern snob school then a North Carolina, at least by the locals. That fact is probably the reason most of the residents of the great basketball state of NC can not stand the program even though they should be viewed by the locals as one of the hometown/homestate schools in the region. Coach K is a whiner, plain & simple. I watch a ton of college basketball & no program in the country gets more calls then Duke does year in & year out. When they lose which is not often, he always has a little rant or a back handed compliment for his opponent. The bottomline is the Crazies are one of the least respectful fan bases in the country & one of the most intimidating so he has some nerve complaining about other venues. For years Duke has received favorite seeding in the tournament. I mean ther were some years where they did not have to leave NC for the tournament until the final four. How is that fair? They are always getting the pod in NC for the first weekend of the tournament whetehr it is in Raleigh, Winston Salem or Greensboro & when Charlotte is hoisting the regionals it is a great bet that Duke will be seeded in that region. When they do have to go out of state for the regionals it is always in New Jersey/Boston or some other northeast city where they have a ton of alumni. I can't remember the last time they were shipped out west even though they would have a late season slide that would of deserved that.

A guy I work with sat behind Dukes bench for an NC State game. He is an alum of NCSU. Said the whole time they just harassed the Duke team and coaches to where Coach K would not sit down because they kept whispering insults and making fun of him. After the game he told them that the need to get some manners and called them a "bunch of brats."

There really is not much wrong with yelling at stupid college kids. :nana:

Of course K was alright with the crazies taunting one of the NC State players about his grandmother passing away, which was a few days earlier.

Edited by Gordio

As far as Duke, it is a weird school. It is located right on tobacco road but is considered more of an East Coast Northern snob school then a North Carolina, at least by the locals.

Duke is a prime school for kids up here; especially the ones that play lacrosse.

If you question is what should Duke's reaction be to visitors feeling afraid due to the proximity of fans in the stands I think that the answer would be something along the lines of "grow a set." There is a big difference between what happens in the stands and what happens on the court.

Maybe Krzyzewski should "grow a set", because from watching the game, and footage thereafter, it didn't look like anything "happened" to the Duke players or coaches after the UVa game. In theory, sure, something could have happened, but nothing did.

Of course, in theory, one of the dorkbag Cameron Crazies could jump out of his front row seat and stab a player with his protractor.

Coach K is absolutely right about the safety factor of fans storming the court -- and he's the biggest hypocrite around, because the atmosphere at Cameron is downright hostile and unsafe for opposing players. Students are permitted to stand close enough to the court to reach out and touch players.

Start at home, K, before you take your crusade national.

Go Heels.

There used to be a good guide for court storming when it started becoming (too) common several years ago.

It included circumstances like:

• Ending a 10+ game losing streak to your fiercest rival
  • Winning a game for a school's first ever NCAA tournament bid

if its a recipe for disaster then why have there been no accounts of anything of substance that has happened at a courtstorming?

i would agree if anything happened, but IIRC with 20 courtstormings i have watched, its all just fun and games and youngsters hopping around.

Article for you to read:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/eye_storm_X0Uze6OPA2sT3kPzhW4pcI

any of you duke supporters wanna comment on Wojo going nose to nose yelling at referees with no repercussions?

whiny babies....with longer slack than the rest.

Ah, the irony of a UNC fan decrying the same treatment once given to Dean Smith's Tar Heels.

Payback's a B word!