No. 90

Uh YA !!

I think Mario has stepped into that role pretty well seeing as last year he didn't show up at more than a few games.

With the money that the Bills are paying him he is the first runner up for that position & as we know Bills fans have no problem with bitchin about a player that isn't in their minds doing what they need to for the team !!!

I think many fans will feel dumb saying things like this next year when he has 15 sacks

When were the Bills ever fighting for thier playoff lives last year?

if we had won that colts game we wouldve been right in the mess of it, with a tiebreaker over the colts - you know, a game mario had 3 sacks in.

jax wouldve put us 6-6, with 4 to go, rams was very winnable, dolphins we had just beat, and jets were a circus. we never got over that cusp with close losses to the colts and rams, but we werent far off either.

I think the concern is from folks who bought a #94 Williams jersey last year. But I actually like number changes and old jerseys. I always thought it was "cool" that people had both #55 and #97 Bennett jerseys (I was also 12 at the time).

I hear you. But, for the life of me, I could never understand why anyone would wear any football jersey to watch a game. I think it's weird to wear another dude's name. What does it mean to wear the dude's jersey? In High School, it meant the girl was dating someone on the football team. It just never appealed to me, particularly when the jerseys are $100.

I know I'm in the vast minority.

if we had won that colts game we wouldve been right in the mess of it, with a tiebreaker over the colts - you know, a game mario had 3 sacks in.

jax wouldve put us 6-6, with 4 to go, rams was very winnable, dolphins we had just beat, and jets were a circus. we never got over that cusp with close losses to the colts and rams, but we werent far off either.

Mario started-off poorly, thanks to the wrist, but finished with 10.5 sacks. That's 3 years worth of sacks for Kelsay. In Wannstedt's poor excuse for a defense no less. Pettine should be able to get more out of the defense.

I hear you. But, for the life of me, I could never understand why anyone would wear any football jersey to watch a game. I think it's weird to wear another dude's name. What does it mean to wear the dude's jersey? In High School, it meant the girl was dating someone on the football team. It just never appealed to me, particularly when the jerseys are $100.

Ha! Well thats a whole different conversation.

I tend to agree with you. I have a couple of jerseys, but rarely if ever wear them. Maybe once a year on the opener. And I feel silly the entire time. I have them more as a memorabilia collection. Got a classic Tasker, and bought a new Dareus last year because I had said "If the Bills pull a major move and invest in someone like Mario Williams, I'll break the embargo and purchase a jersey". Well, they sure showed me. :P

Grown-ass man in an oversized jersey of a sports team. Just looks silly.

Ha! Well thats a whole different conversation.

I tend to agree with you. I have a couple of jerseys, but rarely if ever wear them. Maybe once a year on the opener. And I feel silly the entire time. I have them more as a memorabilia collection. Got a classic Tasker, and bought a new Dareus last year because I had said "If the Bills pull a major move and invest in someone like Mario Williams, I'll break the embargo and purchase a jersey". Well, they sure showed me. :P

Grown-ass man in an oversized jersey of a sports team. Just looks silly.

I always saw wearing a jersey as just supporting your team...maybe a double 00 and your own last-name might be cooler, kind of like Griswald's blackhawks jersey from christmas vacation...to me the worst thing you could ever do is wear a t-shirt w/ the band your at the concert to see written all over it...it's like without that shirt, you can't remember what band your seeing or something..lol

I never wore jerseys to games or bills or sabres tee-shirts until moving to NC...Now jerseys at games almost seems manditory...especially at sabres games...I have an embarassing amount to bills and sabres tee shirts that i wouldn't be caught dead wearing in WNY...a badge of honor or something when you live out of town...

Well, he had 2 sacks for rest of the season after that Indy burst. Nothing noticable in the Seattle destruction or the last Fins game. Or the NE game.

You mean #94?

And doesnt he have to buy out the inventory of #94 jerseys if he wants to switch so soon?

CBF

I know it adds up but I don't see that standing in his way if he does want the number. In his case it may even be considered pocket change. Plus his Christmas list would be all set claiming them as collectors items!! :D

By that point it was only a mathmatical possibility. They were done, and they knew it, and most of us knew it. Williams just had a favorable matchup that game.

By that point it was only a mathmatical possibility. They were done, and they knew it, and most of us knew it. Williams just had a favorable matchup that game.

Yes, his 9 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles in 8 games from Arizona to St. Louis, which had a surgery smack in the middle of, was just a favorable matchup after the team already quit and we were all but eliminated.

Edited by NoSaint

He probably keeps #94. As of about a year ago, the NFL policy was that a player would have to buy the remaining stock of their jersey in order to switch #s (Or names in Chad Ocho’s case). Adrian Peterson wanted to change his number before this past season and it would have cost him about $1 mil to do so, link below. Now I doubt it would cost Mario $1 mil since AP is one of the most popular players in the league and Mario, well, plays for the Bills but it would still cost him a good chunk of change.

http://sports.yahoo....ug=ycn-10916141

Plus unless there was more to it than what was in the media, Mario never really seemed to be bothered that he couldn’t wear #90 here. IIRC, he never even asked Kelsey about taking his # although that may have just been out of respect to a player who had been here wearing that # for 10 years.

Edited by cnico