With the Chiefs out, what other teams above us may go QB?

rayray808

1) KC - just got Alex Smith, doubtful they waste a #1 on a QB here

2) JAX - Operation Gabbert seems to be a lost cause, more holes elsewhere though

3) OAK - they love speed... Geno could fall here

4) PHI - new coach, new QB?

5) DET - no chance they go QB, we are safe here

6) CLE - they have guessed wrong on QB in the last 5 years, doubtful they draft another one

7) ARI - been needing a young QB since... Plummer?

in my opinion the only ones I am worried about it Oakland at 3, and Arizona at 7... if one of them go QB we will end up with Barkley or Geno. If they both go QB, we will have a solid defensive player drop to us, but will still need to fill the void of QB at some point, and round 2 may be tough to get a "franchise guy"...

Let's hope Cassell gets signed by one of those teams :cry:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Arizona is the only one that would go QB in the 1st. Those other teams know there will be QB's available at the top of the 2nd. Hopefully Cassel really does go to Arizona. At that point I think if we want Geno then he will be there

I've heard people say Oakland might go QB in the 1st but they traded all those picks for Carson Palmer plus they gave up a third in the 2011 supplemental draft for Terrelle Pryor so I feel like with that high of a pick they will go for more of a sure thing defensive stud.

I'm mostly worried about Cleveland and Arizona since they are both under new regimes that will most likely want to draft and develop their own QB and don't have an established veteran on the team (Eagles). But if Geno is still there by the time Detroit picks that would be the perfect place to trade up since we wouldn't have to give up that much to move from 8 to 5 and the Lions could probably still get that Dee Milliner that everyone seems to think they want.

In Philadelphia, Andy Reid had a history of trading the first round pick for multiple picks. Don't be surprised if the Chiefs trade the top pick to somebody who really wants Geno Smith. The Chiefs gave up a 2nd round pick for Alex Smith and would probably love to get a 2nd rounder back.

In Philadelphia, Andy Reid had a history of trading the first round pick for multiple picks. Don't be surprised if the Chiefs trade the top pick to somebody who really wants Geno Smith. The Chiefs gave up a 2nd round pick for Alex Smith and would probably love to get a 2nd rounder back.

Nobody really wants Geno Smith that bad.

I think AZ will take Barkley and the Bills will have Geno if they want him. I think they will pass due to the BPA disparity bt available OT/G/CB and Geno Smith. 2nd round is perfect for Buddy.

Edited by JPS

It's a crap shoot, but anyone in the top 5 are reaching in this draft for Geno. Geno is the best QB and worthy of the 1st rd, but the BPA's in the top 5 are way to hard to pass up

SO it comes down to Cleveland and Arizona

Arizona is asking about Cassell, and Cleveland may be OK with sticking with Weeden,

Flynn and Mallet are out there for trade as well.

new draft rankings post combine has Geno as the #8 player overall.. Coincidence ?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

Edited by Snorom

Nobody really wants Geno Smith that bad.

Yeah I don't see anyone giving up that much for a guy who is a major step down from the last 3 QBs taken in the top 2 picks. I bet KC beefs up their line and takes Joeckel to protect Alex Smith. I think waiting until the 41st pick to take a QB could be a mistake since whoever we would want (Barkley or Glennon?) would have to pass all those previously mentioned teams twice plus the Jets who pick ahead of us in rd 2.

Edited by cosmo

If QB guru Andy Reid thinks that he was better of trading a high 2nd round pick plus a pick next year for Alex Smith, I think that says a LOT about how little he thinks of all the QBs in this draft. With the 1st overall pick he could have had his choice of all of them. If he wanted to wait until the 2nd, I think he would have still had 1st shot in round 2.

More evidence that the Bills should stay away from any of these guys in round 1 & 2.

Meh this anti Geno Smith talk makes me laugh, The guy is still very accurate, extremely productive, passes the eye test, Has plenty of arm, lives in the film room, loves the game kind of guy

If Tannenhill was worth #8 for Miami last year, then Geno Smith is more then worthy of #8.

IMO the only reason he is not going higher in this draft is the level of talent at OT DE, CB at the top of this draft is superior, but for a team in need of a young QB like Buffalo at #8 this is a great place to pick him up. No different then Miami last year and Tannenhill.

I could see Detroit, Oakland, Jax or Philly trading with someone (like the Jets) who wants to get ahead of us and AZ for a QB.

but in a draft deep at a multitude of positions liek DL, OL, WR LB and the fact that the Jets are going to have lots of holes to fill do they really want to give up those picks

I don't think they would do this IMO

Edited by Snorom

Oakland has their QB in Pryor.

Arizona imho will land Matt Castle.

I see Cleveland staying with their guy for one more year.

I think we might be able to have our pick of the litter after all. Question is, does OBD feel anyone available is worth the #8. I feel at worst Smith and Barkely will be there.

1) KC - just got Alex Smith, doubtful they waste a #1 on a QB here

2) JAX - Operation Gabbert seems to be a lost cause, more holes elsewhere though

3) OAK - they love speed... Geno could fall here

4) PHI - new coach, new QB?

5) DET - no chance they go QB, we are safe here

6) CLE - they have guessed wrong on QB in the last 5 years, doubtful they draft another one

7) ARI - been needing a young QB since... Plummer?

in my opinion the only ones I am worried about it Oakland at 3, and Arizona at 7... if one of them go QB we will end up with Barkley or Geno. If they both go QB, we will have a solid defensive player drop to us, but will still need to fill the void of QB at some point, and round 2 may be tough to get a "franchise guy"...

Let's hope Cassell gets signed by one of those teams :cry:

Kurt Warner rolls his eyes...

Smith will not get past AZ. They had a collection of broken part at QB last year. Arians needs a QB and a rebuilt Offensive line. They can get a good OT in the early 2nd. If Oakland drops Carson Palmer (large contract), they might go QB. Jacksonville needs a QB but might opt for Defensive line help. Philly may take a QB but he will have to fit the new scheme. Right now all it is a SWAG (scientific wild a$$ guess).

Meh this anti Geno Smith talk makes me laugh, The guy is still very accurate, extremely productive, passes the eye test, Has plenty of arm, lives in the film room, loves the game kind of guy

If Tannenhill was worth #8 for Miami last year, then Geno Smith is more then worthy of #8.

Finally, someone is talking some sense.

I think at some point this Franchise is going to have to take a "risk" and draft a damn QB... can't wait any longer.

You can say this year's class is weak but what happens when next year there are 2 studs and the Bills are picking 10th-13th.... your still not going to land one of them... and be another year behind.

Unless they plan on tanking this year, I would pull the trigger on one of these guys.

Yes, his stats were good in the Big East, but stats can be deceiving:

Geno Smith: 4200yds, 72% completions, 42 TDs, 6 INTs

Colt McCoy 2008: 3900 yds, 77% completions, 34 TDs, 8 INTs

Tim Tebow career: 66% completions, 88 TDs, 16 INTs

I am not saying that Geno Smith will be good or bad, only that stats can lie. I'll also say that Andy Reid clearly liked Alex Smith better than Geno Smith.